This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ha'tak Shape

What is the deal with the shape of the Ha'tak ships? Whenever we see one from the outside (with the exception of Ra's and Heru-er's ships) they appear to be based around a three-sided pyramid, but whenever we see a diagram of one on another ships screen, they appear as four-sided pyramids (even when they have already been shown to be three-sided, and not the small shapes but the more detailed images) I first noticed this in 'Revelations' when Carter is guiding O'Neill and Teal'c through a ship. What's going on?
    Last edited by songar87; 21 April 2008, 04:23 AM. Reason: clarification

just basic shapes which the writers have followed through with...its just like on radar we see shapes as circles or something but planes dont look like that
    The BC-304... Just Try And Stop Us Now!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Bobby View Post
      just basic shapes which the writers have followed through with...its just like on radar we see shapes as circles or something but planes dont look like that
      I've got no idea what that means.

Comment

well maybe it is just some random mess up or maybe the producer has 3 sided hataks for some ships and 4 sided for others.
        Its like the difference between prometheus and odyssey, to an outside perspective, they are quite similar except maybe for a few different parts like the slickness of it etc.

Comment

It's just a goof.

Comment

Outside of the Ha'tak is 3-sided. The corridors and the space inside the Ha'tak is a smaller square... there you go. Issue solved.

Comment

Originally posted by wizz_kid_sid View Post
              Outside of the Ha'tak is 3-sided. The corridors and the space inside the Ha'tak is a smaller square... there you go. Issue solved.
              tehtrahedrons are easier to render. issue solved.

Comment

Originally posted by DeRoest View Post
                LoL a better answer.

Comment

That is not really what I am talking about. I agree that it makes sense for the interior to be square while the outside is triangular. But what I mean is whenever we see a tactical wireframe display of a Ha'tak, it is four-sided even if the real ship that the diagram represents is traingular, I have seen this in episodes such as "Revelations" and "Disclosure"

Comment

it has an hidden 4th side
                    it is an illusion
                    the asgard blasted it on it

your dreaming this...

just kiddin

Comment

Originally posted by songar87 View Post
                      What is the deal with the shape of the Ha'tak ships? Whenever we see one from the outside (with the exception of Ra's and Heru-er's ships) they appear to be based around a three-sided pyramid, but whenever we see a diagram of one on another ships screen, they appear as four-sided pyramids (even when they have already been shown to be three-sided, and not the small shapes but the more detailed images) I first noticed this in 'Revelations' when Carter is guiding O'Neill and Teal'c through a ship. What's going on?
                      Yea, i kind of did the same post a week ago.
                      "FOR DISTANT WORLDS WE PLEDGE TO RESPECT"

Comment

It's not nearly a bad a goof as in Double Jeopardy. At the end we see Cronos Hatak land on top of the four sided pyramid, the next episode the hatak was back to having 3 sides.
                        Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                          I've got no idea what that means.
                          Lol.

Comment

I just rewatched the end of "Double Jepoardy" and it looks to me like the exterior of Cronos' ship is triangular while the empty space that the pyramid is designed to take up is square, can accomadate a square or can adjust to become a square (check the low angle as the ship lands) The other ships may not be like this but I think his is.
                            Last edited by songar87; 22 April 2008, 10:46 PM. Reason: addition

Comment

Originally posted by DeRoest View Post
                              HAHA! LMAO!

Comment

Working...
                              X