No announcement yet.

The Taking over the Universe plott

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bray: Seriously? She can't even be in the same room as you!

Shan: For the sake of the General, we have to try, I can help her with the link, and i think she knows this.

San: She is special, but do you think she can do something like this?

Shan: There is a Prophecy, that all Wraith has heard of, but never thought would come to pass after the Ancients left this Galaxy.

Taoth: What kind of Prophecy?

Shan: "The Change of the Galaxy will come with the Child of two of the carrier of the Ancient, it will bring down the Darkness that will shroud the Galaxy, and all life will prosper once again"

San: And you think this refer to Cara?

Shan: My Queen told me this story countless of times during my upbringing. What this child could do. The Prophecy says the child will know when this Dakrness is close.

San: And Cara can, with you and Hybrid Mel, even though she's onlt taken over Mel's mind.

Taoth: Only? Look at me! Is this a thing you call only? She's wrecked chaos all morning! I was lucky I managed to get away.

San: You think she will kill?

Taoth: She has already done it. I don't know why she hasn't done it already.

Bray: She's playing around. She was going for the Master has taken over the base thing.

Taoth: What I don't understand is why?

San: I think I do.

Bray: Huh?

San: We had been talking about it, make a program to simulate an attack on Atlantis, so that everyone knew what they was excpected to do.

Taoth: And this Master was the main badie?

San: Yes. But this was after Hybrid Mel! She can't have known.

Shan: If a Queen is able to gain access to a human mind, she will have all the knowledge.

San: But she's not a Queen, she's a hybrid.

Shan: But is a Wraith none the less. Wouldn't have felt the presence if she wasn't and even if she's not a Queen, she will follow the command of a Queen.

San: A Queen would just have set the self destruct and be done with it. Mel want something else.

Bray: I just thought of something. Shan, if the Queen told you this story, and Hybrid Mel is with a Queen, what do you think her next move would be?

Shan: You don't think?

Bray: What if this was just an elaborate plan to get to Cara! You said so yourself, she is the key to the destruction of the Wraith!
    I'm a 60%er | Sigs are made by me and othersThe Lorne Identity - A Lorne fanfiction collection community.

Comment

Rodney stood back and watched the commotion around RiG's bed with fear etched on his face.

C Carson was barking out orders to his staff and shouting out commands to RiG to "Stay with us lass!", "Fight!" and "Don't do this to us!". And cursing a Scottish blue streak when things didn't quite go his way.

"Dr. Mckay?"

Rodney felt a slight pressure on his right shoulder but he ignored it, preferring to watch his daughter fight for her life.

"Dr. McKay, you shouldn't be here."

"I'm not leaving her Emma! I can't!" Rodney cried.

"Rodney-"

What ever Emma was going to say was cut off by the sudden erratic beeping of RiG's heart monitor.

"SHE'S IN V-FIB!" C Carson shouted. "FLATLINING!"

"Oh God no!" Rodney moaned, terrified.

Emma had no choice now. She grabbed an unwilling and protesting Rodney by the arm and quickly steered him out of the infirmary proper.

She gently pushed him into the nearest chair and claimed the one beside him.

"I have to be in there! She needs me!" Rodney moved to stand up but Emma's firm hand on his arm stopped him.
      Last edited by RodneyIsGodney; 01 March 2015, 05:14 PM.
      sigpic
      Sig by ME.

Comment

"What she needs is for you to be strong Rodney. Can you be strong for her if you're in there?" Emma pointed to the doors separating them from his daughter.

He stared at the doors for a few seconds coming to the sad conclusion that, no, wouldn't be able to be strong in there. "No." He quietly admitted.

"So you'll be strong out here, okay? You can't fall apart on her. Think positive."

"Positive?" Rodney checked.

"Yes..." Emma replied. "...positive. "She's gonna be okay." She took his hands in hers and smiled reassuringly at up at him. "I'm positive."

"And besides, we know Carson is the best at what he does. And right now he's in there with RiG doing all he can to keep her alive. Don't doubt him."

"I never have." He smiled at Emma. He brought their clasped hands up to his mouth and placed a kiss on the back of her left hand. "Thank you."

"You're welcome." She patted his hands before letting them go and stood up.

"Where are you going?" He asked worriedly.

"I'm just gonna go check on your daughter now. I'll be right back okay?"

He nodded and with that she turned and slipped through the doors leaving Rodney alone with his thoughts.

Think positive...
        Last edited by RodneyIsGodney; 14 December 2009, 11:20 AM.
        sigpic
        Sig by ME.

Comment

Taoth: But if that's so, we have to get to Cara!

San: I know, Shan, Bray, take some soldiers and go to JPJ and C-Lornes quarters, if she's there, try and subdue her. Don't kill her, we don't know what will happen.

Bray: Right, Shan come!

*Bray, Shan and some soldiers head for the quarters*

Taoth: Who is with Cara?

San: Captain Messer. I hope we are wrong in this.

Taoth: With what?

San: That HybridMel wants Cara.

Taoth: She could of blew up the city at any given moment, instead she played around.

San: I wished I knew she was thinking.

Taoth: I thought you knew?

San: With Mel yes, HybridMel is a whole other story, a Wraith Queen has influenced her.

*In the meantime Bray, Shan and the marines has reached the quarters*

Bray: You sence anything Shan?

Shan: Yes, she's there with Cara.

Bray: Oh, bloody hell.

*Shan goes to the door and places a hand on it and concentrates*

Soldiers: What's he doing?

Bray: I wished I knew.

Shan: She know we're here!
          I'm a 60%er | Sigs are made by me and othersThe Lorne Identity - A Lorne fanfiction collection community.

Comment

*2nd ward in the infimary, a Marine guard at the door, JPJ on a bed leads attached to her forehead**

C Lorne: What the hell did you think you where playing at JPJ?

JPJ: what *she scowls* RiG insulted, you me and Cara I wasn’t going to take it lying down! Now what does the read out say?

C Lorne: It’s all you, no hybrid wraith in your head.

JPJ: Good now may be I can see my daughter? *She puts weight on her left wrist and gets up without any sign of pain*

C Lorne: Sweetie, you broke that wrist and other stuff as well.

JPJ: oh *she looks at here wrist* yeah I did, but not now

C Lorne: I haven’t taken any x-rays yet *taps radio* C Carson can you come to ward 2 for me please*

C Carson: Of course *comms end*

*A few minutes later C Carson enters*

C Carson: What can I do for you son? *C Lorne walks over to him*

C Lorne: considering you said her wrist was broken, she seemed to put a lot of weight on it

C Carson: X-rays?

C Lorne: I hadn’t taken any yet, just the brain wave scan to check it was, well, HER! And it is.

C Carson: MRI or ancient scan please, I have an idea *JPJ keen hearing had heard their “private” conversation*

JPJ: If you are looking for what I think you are looking for, then I can just tell you! *The men looked up then at each other whilst JPJ smiled*
            sigpic
            JPJ = John's PuddleJumperJPJ: pssss Lorne I'm a 60%er!
            Major Lorne/Kavan Smith Thunk Thread, Lorne Whumpage Thread, Crazy Alternate Universe Thread, My ff.net account
            Banner sigs :- Shanthaia, CKO, Smurfettethatdoesnotshare, Fenrir Foxz, Kali1, SciFiSGFan and others

Comment

Outside the infirmary

Rodney checked his watch for the 5th time since Emma went to check on RiG and, not for the first time, wondered what was taking so long.

He got up and walked towards the door for a peek through the window. He just about made it to the door when it swung open. He jumped back in shock, narrowly avoiding a collision with the burly orderly who barreled out pushing an empty wheelchair and grumbling.

"Hey! Watch where you're going you halfwit! You nearly knocked me over!" Rodney cried indignantly.

The orderly ignored him as he continued on his way.

"Imbecile." Rodney muttered as he turned and walked back to his recently vacated chair, all thoughts of peeking though the window forgotten.

He rubbed a hand warily over his face and heaved a big sigh. "Positive thoughts.. Positive thoughts..." Rodney chanted to himself.

"I'm positive Carson will come through, I mean, he's the best. There's nothing he can't do! He's Carson, he's the best damn doctor in two galaxies." Rodney babbled to himself.

A smile began to form on his face, the birth of hope. "I'm positive Carson will work his voodoo and RiG will be okay." He said with conviction.

"Now that's more like it!" Said a familiar voice.

Rodney looked up and saw Emma standing by the door.

"Emma!" Rodney shot out of his chair. "What...how, how is she? I mean, is she...?" He left the last question hanging.

"She's alive Rodney, that's all I know right now." She moved to stand beside him.

"Oh, thank God!"

Carson will be out momentarily to talk to you, he can tell you more."

"She's alive!" Rodney exclaimed, unable to keep the laughter out of his voice. He grabbed Emma and pulled her in for a hug.

Carson, who had arrived moments ago, watched Rodney bask in the knowledge that his daughter is still alive. It made what he had to do next that much harder.

"Aye Rodney, she is." Carson stated from the doorway, his arms crossed over his chest.

"CARSON!" Rodney called. He let go of Emma and turned to Carson, a big smile on his face.

Rodney was too excited about his daughter being still among the living to notice Carson's haggard appearance. Dark circles harbored bloodshot eyes and there was a general tiredness about him. A testament to how hard he had worked to save RiG's life. Emma noticed though.

Carson walked over to Rodney and placed a hand on his shoulder. "Rodney, I have something to tell you."

"I'm listening."

"You might wanna sit down first." Carson gestured to the chairs behind them.

"I'm a big boy Carson, I don't need coddling."

"Rodney..."

"Just spit it out Carson!"

Carson sighed. "Fine. RiG is in a coma, Rodney."

And that's when Rodney's world came to a crashing halt.
              Last edited by RodneyIsGodney; 01 March 2015, 05:53 PM.
              sigpic
              Sig by ME.

Comment

*the 2 men look at JPJ wide eyed*

C Carson: you mean to say that you have a symbiote?

JPJ: Yes Carson a Tok’ra symbiote. I would say ask Col Carter or Gen O’Neill but neither of them are here

C Lorne: Why didn’t you tell me?!!?! *he throws his arms up and turns away*

JPJ: For this exact reason Ev, would you have believed me? Deenark, that’s her name, is a biologist for the Tok’ra.

C Carson: How long have you been blended??*Clorne turns round*

JPJ: About 3 yrs, I was working off world at the alpha site whilst that as Ashrak was attacking everyone. There after speaking to the then Major Carter, her father and Malek, I found out that there was a symobiote in need of a host. Deenark was anxious for a host that had medical or biological training and knowledge.

Clorne: And with you being a doctor, a biology degree and biochemistry degree you where ideal.

JPJ: yes, but believe me it wasn’t an easy decision, Col O’Neill was not keen to say the least, but Gen Hammond said it was decision and that I would be supported.

C Carson: Deenark , I know that name *Carson thinks* Arr yes when Dr Jackson went to that summit with the Tok’ra poision

C Lorne: Yes I remember, a very effective poision, that the NID then got their hands on.

JPJ: Well Deenark helped to create it, she is very clever. I know I can’t prove it, but even if I could would you believe me? *C Lorne sighs* See I’m right. Now how is RiG?

C Carson: Erm, er *he stratches his head* not good lass *JPJ slides off the bed and heads into the main area of the infirmary, opens up her desk draw and takes out a healing device*

JPJ: Keep Rodney out of the way *and with that walks into the room that RiG was rushed into C Lorne follows her*

C Lorne: We still need to do a scan, we have the Tok’ra queen’s DNA so can prove she is a Tok’ra *JPJ smiles, walks over to him and kisses him on the cheek*

JPJ: Thank you *JPJ then turns her attention to RiG*
                sigpic
                Major Lorne/Kavan Smith Thunk Thread, Lorne Whumpage Thread, Crazy Alternate Universe Thread, My ff.net account
                Banner sigs :- Shanthaia, CKO, Smurfettethatdoesnotshare, Fenrir Foxz, Kali1, SciFiSGFan and others

Comment

*In Cara's quarters*

Cpt Messer: No..

Mel: Yes! This child must die!

*Captain Messer tries to stand up and stop Mel but falls down again*

Cara: Stop!

Mel: You think you can stop me little girl? I'm a lot stronger than you think!

Cara: We'll stop you!

*Mel suddenly stop and look at the door*

Mel: My, my, we are about to have company...

Comment

*Outside JPJ's quarters*

Bray: What do you mean, she knows we're here?

Shan: She's part Wraith, she sences me as I am able to sence her.

*The door open*

Marine: *whispering* What that you? *looks at Bray*

Bray: No.

*From inside the room*

HybridMel: Why don't you come inside Shanthaia?

Bray: *Whispering* Can't she sence us?

Shan: No, She aren't that powerful and I am masking you.

Bray: *whispering* This is a bad idea...

Shan: Only me and Cara can do this. If all goes to hell, as you humans put it, you may go on and do what you please.

Bray: *whispering* Right, but I don't like this.

*Shan enter the room and HybridMel foolishly leaves the door open*

Marine: *whispering* Is the that confident Shan is alone?

Bray: *whispering* I ain't sure of anything at this point.

*Inside the room, Shan enters and sees Cpt Messer on the floor next to ht bed where Cara and HybridMel in the middle of the room*

Shanthaia: HybridMel.

Melfan: Shanthaia! How nice to see you! The Queen sends her regards!

Shan: I highly doubt it.

Mel: You got me! She want to rip out your entrails and wear them as a neckless!

Shan: That sounds more like her.

Mel: You can't stop me you know.

Shan: Not me alone, no. But with a little help I will mangage.

Mel: Oh Shan, you are forgetting, you haven't had anyone to feed of in quite a while, you're weak, I can sence it.

Shan: You are no more than a youngling compared to me, do you really think I'm here alone?

Mel: You can't kill her you know.

Shan: Sure I can, all we do is...

Mel: ...Clone a new body for the consciousness. There is a flault in that though.

Shan: What?

Mel: How do you know there is anything left up here *taps head*

Shan: Her consciousness has though back before, only not remembering any of it, like a dream that fades into nothingness the moment she wakes up.

Mel: Got me there, but then there is the machine.

Shan: No..

Mel: Oops! Broken, guess I've been more busier than you imagine.

Shan: This whole time...

Mel: I've been shutting down key components around the city, the shields, the chair, the cloning machine, among other things. Wouldn't be much fun telling you if you are able to fix it, now would it!

Shan: We'll manage, we always have.

Mel: How do you know we aren't just out of range for the sensors, waiting to come here?

Shan: We'll fight you, every step of the way, just as we are to remove you from Mel's mind!

Mel: Really? How are you gonna do that?

*Shan smirks*

Comment

JPJ collected the hand held healing device from her desk and proceeded to the room with RiG, CLorne and CCarson followed. JPJ slide her hand into the device, placed her other hand on top and aimed the device's face at RiG; she closed her eyes and took a deep breath. Moments later the deviced glowed a bright orange and JPJ moved her hands up and down. After what seemed like an eternity the device stopped and JPJ opened her eyes.

CCarson: well??

JPJ: her worst injury's are healed, brain, abdomen etc, it will take her body time to adjust and recover so she will be in a coma for a while

C Lorne: so she isn't going to die?

JPJ: no

C Carson: I'll get Emma to tell Rodney

JPJ: No please let me *she exits*

*Waiting room*

Rodney: What the, you just got as beaten as my daughter?!?!

JPJ: 2 things Rodney, ONE- i have a symobiote, not that important except TWO- using her and hand held healing device RiG isn't going to die, she is in a coma but will wake up, go sit with her. *Rodney looked aghast at the bomb shell just dropped, mouths like a fish and goes into the infirmary, JPJ follows*

C Carson: he's speachless, must have gone ok

JPJ: I think he is just relieved

C Carson: The 2 of you have more in common than you will care to admit *JPJ looks confused* Both of you have lost perious time with your child

JPJ : yes so, I lost time due to his imcompetance! He lost it cause the mother didn't tell him, Different!

C Carson: Not so, both situations are out of your control

C Lorne: You are right Carson, but then not right *JPJ is starring off CLorne mover behind her* Babe?? *Her eyes widden*

JPJ: CARA! *she falls backwards into Clorne who picks her up and puts her on a bed, now unconcious*
                      sigpic

Comment

*At the same moment shoots Cpt Messer, Melfan in the shoulder, Shan and Cara moves in and puts his hand on her head*

HybridMelfan: Nooo! *she hisses*

*Cara and Shan will enter Mel's mind, so everything here after is in Mel's mind*

Cara: Were we at?

Shan: We've entered Mel's mind, thanks to you.

Cara: Don't understand.

Shan: You are a remarkable child. One day you'll do wonders in the Galaxy.

Cara: You're funny.

Shan: Hrmph. Wasn't going for that, but okey. Let's find Mel.

Cara: Okey!

Comment

*Shan and Cara inside Mel's mind*

Cara: This way!

Shan: How do you know?

Cara: I just do!

*suddenly they come up on what appear to be webbing*

Shan: This is unusual.

Cara: Not suppose to be here...

Shan: I know, that's what's worries me.

*Then a familar voice is heard*

Mel: Shan?

Cara: Mel!

*Shan and Cara see Mel come up to webbing and look quizzically at them*

Shan: General Melfan, it's good to see you!

Mel: I thought I was alone here.

Shan: Well, ordinarily, you should be, we are here to set you free!

Mel: I've tried, but she keeps on capturing me!

Shan: We are here to help.

Mel: Shan?

Cara: Uh oh...

Mel: She's here.... *Mel's starts backing away*

Shan: No! General, stay here! We'll help you fight!

HybridMel: This was most unfortunate! I was having such a good time!

*Shan and Cara turnms and look at HybridMel*

Shan: Why don't you just leave Mel's mind? Just a suggestion.

HybridMel: No!

Shan: Didn't think so. Cara, you ready?

Cara: Think so.

Shan: We have some work to do.

*HybridMel snarls at Shan and Cara*

Cara: Oh boy...

HybridMel: When I'm done with you! Atlantis will be ours to the taking!

Comment

Rodney stood in front of the closed door to RiG's isolation room and braced himself for what he would see on the other side. After a moment he took a deep breath, swiped a hand over the sensor and closed his eyes.

He felt a puff of air wash over his face, tickling his eyelashes, as the door swooshed open. His head bowed, he said a quick prayer to a God he didn't believe in and took his first step into his daughter's room.

When he finally opened his eyes his heart skipped a beat at the sight before him. RiG was lying in the bed, pale and drawn despite that fact that JPJ had used the healing device on her. The bandages that once adorned her head were now gone, as was the bruising on her throat from JPJ's karate chop. Three wires snaked out from the collar of her white scrub top and lead the way to a heart monitor that was beeping a steady rhythm, music to Rodney's ears. An I.V pole to the left of the bed held a banana bag that dripped steadily, feeding the needle in RiG's arm and a nasal cannula under her newly healed nose was helping her breathe.

"Oh, RiG." Rodney breathed forlornly, tears stinging behind his eyes. He rushed to the side of her bed and laid a hand gently on her right hand, mindful of the cast on her forearm. JPJ's snake could only heal the major injuries before her strength waned so RiG still had to deal with a few things.

He rubbed his thumb across the back of her hand soothingly as he whispered in her ear. "I'm so proud of you." And he was, but not because she fought with JPJ. He was proud that she could hold her own in a fight, at such a young age. He was proud because she stood up for him. Defended him with everything she had. The sight of his daughter catching JPJ off guard with that kick coupled with the elbow to the back replayed itself in his mind and he smiled. Proudly.

Rodney ran his fingers through her shoulder length brown hair soothingly. He brushed a lock of hair behind her left ear and frowned, suddenly feeling the need to sit.

He reached behind himself with his free hand and found the chair that someone, no doubt Carson, had seen fit to place there, pulled it closer and sank onto it's hard seat with a grimace. He pulled his hand back from hers and dragged it down his face, stopping when his hand covered his mouth.

He watched her breathing, listened to the heart monitor beeping and finally let the tears fall.
                            Last edited by RodneyIsGodney; 16 February 2016, 08:24 PM.
                            sigpic
                            Sig by ME.

Comment

Rodney didn't know when it happened, but, at some point he fell into a light doze. A light doze that he was awakened from by the squeaking of Emma's shoes as she entered the room.

He lifted his head from where it was resting on his folded arms and blinked a few times to adjust his still watery eyes to the brightness of the room. The steady beeping of the heart monitor reminding him of where he was.

"Emma?" He said, dragging a hand down his face in a veiled effort to wipe away the evidence of his earlier breakdown.

"Oh! I'm so sorry Rodney! I didn't mean to wake you! Emma whispered. "I just came in to check on RiG." The nurse motioned with her datapad to his daughter lying still as stone in her hospital bed.

"It's okay Emma..." He smiled. "...wasn't having a good dream anyway."

"Do we ever have good dreams?" Emma asked as she reached for RiG's wrist to take her pulse.

"I did...once...but it was interrupted by two idiots who activated an alien device without the slightest clue what it was." He frowned in consternation as the memory of that night replayed itself in his mind.

"Ah, yes. Hewston and Watson."

"They would be the "idiots"." Rodney confirmed. He looked away from Emma and stroked the side of RiG's face with the back of his hand. A gentle glide along her cheek.

"Pulse is 82." Emma noted.

"That good? Normal I mean?"

"Yes, Rodney. 82 is well within the normal range for her age." She assured.

"Good." He smothered an almighty yawn while watching Emma check the heart monitor.

Rodney looked down at his daughter and sighed. Taking her hand in both of his he whispered a broken prayer to a God he didn't believe in.

Emma glanced down at Rodney as he prayed. Then she placed a hand on his shoulder and gave a gentle squeeze in support of the scientist.

He looked up at her then and she smiled reassuringly.

"Remember Rodney, think positive!"
                              Last edited by RodneyIsGodney; 02 March 2015, 01:25 PM.
                              sigpic
                              Sig by ME.

Comment

"Yes ma'am!" Rodney smiled, offering a mock salute to the nurse.

Emma laughed softly. "I'll be back to check on her in an hour ."

"We'll be here," Rodney replied after Emma's retreating back.

Emma shook her head bemusedly at his retort, unable to stop a small chuckle from escaping as she made her way over to C Carson's office to report on RIG's progress.

"Knock! knock!"

C Carson looked up from the reports he was reading and smiled when he saw his best nurse standing at his door.

"Emma, come in!"

"I have the latest vitals on RIG. " Emma gave C Carson the datapad she had been holding.

"Oh..." He studied it for a moment and allowed a small smile to form as he saw that her numbers were looking better.

Carson looked up from the walk-about. "How's Rodney doing?"

Emma sighed, "As well as can be expected for a guy in his situation."

"That good huh?"

"I just don't understand how JPJ could do such a thing? I mean, she nearly killed RIG!"

"I know, love. I saw it with my own eyes and I still can't fathom it."

"How did you see it? You weren't there."

"Security System." C Carson turned to his laptop, pressed a few keys and an image of an empty hallway appeared.

Emma watched as RIG appeared and gasped at her bloody and broken visage. "Oh my God!"

C Carson went back to his reports, unable to watch the bloody debacle a third time. Twice was enough.

He winced as the sound of JPJ's voice poured out of the computer's speakers, "And that's for Cara!" And wished he had earplugs.

Emma watched in near-silent horror as JPJ attacked RIG several times. And cheered just as silently when RIG got one up on JPJ. Total self-defense.

When it was over a horrified Emma, a hand covering her mouth, looked up at C Carson, her wide eyes saying more than words ever could, and gulped. She has no words for what she just saw.

C Carson got the feeling he was being watched and looked up, "Emma?"

"I...that...OH, GOD! That poor girl!"

"Emma..."

"RIG did not deserve what that-that woman did to her! JPJ had no right!"

"EMMA!"

"Sorry. I just..."

"I know love. I know."

"And Rodney, he, he just found out that RIG is his daughter and then this... JPJ does this to her?"
                                Last edited by RodneyIsGodney; 09 March 2022, 02:20 PM.
                                sigpic
                                Sig by ME.

Comment

Working...
                                X