No announcement yet.

The Taking over the Universe plott

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

*Fenrir continues reading the log while Taoth looks around the large container in the middle of the room*

Taoth: "What do you think this is?"

Fen: "Not sure, I'm still looking for reference to it in the log."

*He continues reading... Taoth studies the symbols on the container, some appear to be press switches, she presses one and the box lights up*

Fen: "What did you do?"

Taoth: "Just pressed this symbol here."

*She points towards a strange glyph on the box*

Fen: "I just saw that mentioned in the log... Yeah that's the enter symbol, the others are different keys and have to be pressed in a certain order for the box to open."

Taoth: "Does it say what is inside?"

Fen: "No, but it does say that the Ancients found the box... The found it on one of the first worlds they explored here in the Pegasus, in an abandoned city of stone on a planet in a binary star system, the people of that world worshipped the twin suns as their gods and this artifact was apparently sacred to them."

*Taoth walks over to the monitor and starts reading*

Taoth: "Their mythology mentioned demonic creatures that lurk in the dark, from another place they came and destroyed whole civilizations, this container somehow relates to the myth."

Fen: "Another place, could that mean another dimension?"

Taoth: "Possibly."

Fen: "Here the Ancient scientists note the experiments they did on the box, nothing worked on revealing the contents."

Taoth: "They decided some things are best left unknown."

Fen: "Whatever is in there or the box is, it had the Ancients scared to open it."

Taoth: "Then we shouldn't open it either."

Fen: "Agreed."

*He checks back through the text for more on the mythology behind the container... One of the marines notices the switches light up in a certain order and becomes entransed by it, the other waiting in the hall is oblivious to what is going on but listens to Fenrir and Taoth talk, just as the light show stops Taoth turns round to inspect the box again*

Taoth: "Whoever made this really put effort into it, the detail, the design of the patterns, this was made for a special purpose."

Fen: "I've found something else, the creatures that came from another place couldn't come to this world naturally, they needed a way built for them, a doorway bridging the void between the light and the dark, a person would be chosen to help them and through this architect the demonic creatures bring about the extinction of the whole civilization."

*Taoth turns round and looks at the monitor again reading the text for herself, the marine steps forward and presses the buttons in the sequence they lit up, the container lights up when the last key is pressed... Fenrir and Taoth notice the light and turn round to see the marine open the box*

Comment

Taoth and Fen turn: no!

*dark creatures escape form the light and dart to all the corners of the room. Fen tries to somehow close the box while Taoth seals the door*

Fen: if whatever came is from another dimension, locked doors aren't gonna do much

Taoth lifts her weapon: I'm hoping we can shoot it if we have to

*the darkness in the room expands around Fen, Taoth and the marines*

Taoth: why do I get a pandoras box kinda feeling from this

Fen turns to her: You don't think...

*Taoth looks around worried, the marines seema bit jumpy*

marine: how do you suppose we get out?

Fen: working on that... Taoth?

Taoth: nothing yet, but I sure didn't like the sound of the last thing I read

Fen's head wips round: the what?

*the shadows stop speading when there is only a bit of light where they are standing*

Comment

San: OK we're here.

Bray: So, we going to blast it from here or what?

Lizzie: Before we start blasting I think we ought to take a look to see if there's any bugs bouncing around it.

San: Yes. I'll beam you down. Take a look around and then we'll do the blasting.
        *she looks at Bray* OK?

Bray: sounds like a plan.

Lizzie and Bray are beamed down to the planet a short walk from the Gate leaving San piloting the Orion.

Lizzie: Well looks like we picked a good planet for them. nice and jungley.

Bray: Yeah but God it's hot.

Lizzie: That's jungles for you.

Bray: Well everything looks OK.

Lizzie: Yes it does. Can't see any of those little buggers anywhere. They must have taken off to live happily ever after.

As they approach the Gate something is obviously different about it.

Lizzie: do you see that?

Bray: That bright and shiny stuff?

They both walk slowly towards it then suddenly they are both sucked towards it their feet hardly touching the ground and they smack into the Gate. Totally stuck.

Lizzie: Oh great.

Bray: Didn't see that coming.

They both struggle to free themselves but it only makes matters worse it seems as if their bodies are melting into the very fabric of the Gate.

Lizzie: San can you hear me?

San: Yes I'm here. Are you ready to beam up?

Lizzie: Er yes and No

San: OK. Explain.

Bray: Just beam us up. We're being eaten alive!

San: OK but ......this is interesting.. Oh well here goes.

They beam up and find themselves in the hanger bay with the Gate still attached to them.

Lizzie: Don't you just know that it's going to be another long day.
        Last edited by LizzieAnne; 28 August 2008, 04:08 AM.
        sigpic

Comment

Fen: "So we cannot open the door or they'll spread further."

Marine: "What are we going to do?"

Taoth: "We can try and radio the others let them know what has happened."

*She tried her radio but it doesn't work*

Taoth: "That's odd, it was working fine before."

*They stop to think for a moment... the darkness stops spreading and disappears back into the corners and is gone*

Fen: "Ok that's not good, whatever that was has breached this labs containment field... try your radio again, we need to get in contact with the others."

*Taoth tries the radio, it works now*

Taoth: "That shadow must be able to effect our equipment."

Comment

*Rodney is fiddling around with the machine, and once and a while let's Melfan try and start it up, but each time, failure*

Melfan: We've been at at this for hours now, Rodney *she sits down next to Cara and holds her*

Rodney: I don't know what keeping from turning on, it should be working.

Melfan: You know, I'm hungry. Are you?

Rodney: Now that you mention it, yes.

Melfan: Great! I'll get something to eat. Watch Cara and make sure she does't wander off.

Rodney: Crawl off you mean? Bring coffe! And Jell-O! Blue!

Melfan: I'll be right back!

Rodney: I could use the break. *He sits down next to Cara* What do you say little one, does a break sound nice?

*Cara merely look at Rodney and yawns and closes her eyes*

Rodney: At least you aren't screaming. *He takes the computer and run a diagnostic* Hmm. According to my calculations this should be working. *He looks at the machine and stands where Melfan stood and thinks on. A humming sound is heard but nothing more and then silent again* At least a progress. Let see what went wrong with that. *He steps off and walks over to the counsol he was last at* This would take less time if the General was here.

*Elsewhere in the city*
            *Melfan is walking down the corridor with a basket, she turns a corner and collides in to a marine*

Marine: I'm sorry, General! Didn't see you there. *He bends down and start pick up the food from the floor* Thank god they are wrapped.

Melfan: Captain?

Marine: Yes, mam?

*Melfan her head*

Melfan: No, nothing, Thanks Second Captain Sparlow.

Sparlow: You sure you okey?

Melfan: Positiv. On my way to feed McKay.

Sparlow: Don't want to keep him hanging then! Nice to bump in to you Ma'am! *He walks off*

Melfan: Wierd. I could have sworn... Nah, I must have been daydreaming and not been paying attention.

*Suddenly the lights starts to flicker*

Melfan: What the..?

*She takes off in a run towars the room where Rodney and Cara is when one of the door slides shut*

Melfan: Crap!

Rodney: *Over com* General Melfan, this is McKay come in!

Melfan: Melfan here, what's wrong!?

Rodney: It's the machine! It's started on it's own, and it's gone haywire!

Melfan: I can't get past the door! It must be affecting the city! Rodney? Rodney, come in! *She gets no response* Damn, it must have affected the com system!

*The lights starts to flicker some more and the door slide open and Melfan takes off in a dead run to the room*
            I'm a 60%er | Sigs are made by me and othersThe Lorne Identity - A Lorne fanfiction collection community.

Comment

Fen: "Can you contact the control tower?"

Taoth: "No the radio is working but I can't get through."

*The door opens on it's own*

Taoth: "Did you do that?"

Fen: "No."

*They look at the marine*

Marine: "It wasn't me."

*The marine outside the door just stands there quiet, Taoth looks at him*

Taoth: "Did you open the door?"

Marine: "Uh, no I was just standing here trying to contact you then the door opened."

Fen: "Something strange is going on, we need to report this in ASAP."

Taoth: "We'll make our way back to the tower and keep trying to open communications then... but keep a look out for those shadows."

*They leave the lab and head back down the hall towards the stairs*

Comment

*several hours later C Lorne has finished his painting JPJ has fallen asleep on the blanket, quietly he slips into the jumper, opens and few boxes and moves things around in the back he then returns and wakes JPJ*

C Lorne: hey sleeping beauty

JPJ: *groans* what?

C Lorne: I’m finished, do you want to see

JPJ: of course I want to see *she gets up still wearing nothing and looks at the canvas* oh my! Ev it’s wonderful

C Lorne; thought you’d like it, you always said you wanted to be painted on a beach with an ocean *he wraps his arms around her and kisses her*

JPJ: thank you, you know you’ll have to do one of Cara

C Lorne: later we have plenty of time to enjoy her as she is *he caresses her neck, she giggles and he scoops her up and takes her to the jumper*

JPJ; what are you up to?

C Lorne: my shexy girl *his voice low and seductive*

JPJ: oh that, no more kids I’m tired from the first one

C Lorne: *his face turns to show his puppy dog eyes*

JPJ: just for fun *she says sternly, his face lights up as he picks her up and moves to the jumper*

*he places her on the duvet laid out in the back of jumper and continues kissing and tickling her. Laughing can be heard from inside the jumper and then a long period of moans and groans that last quite a while, during that time things can be heard being knocked over but no sign of acknowledgment from it’s crew*
                sigpic
                JPJ = John's PuddleJumperJPJ: pssss Lorne I'm a 60%er!
                Major Lorne/Kavan Smith Thunk Thread, Lorne Whumpage Thread, Crazy Alternate Universe Thread, My ff.net account
                Banner sigs :- Shanthaia, CKO, Smurfettethatdoesnotshare, Fenrir Foxz, Kali1, SciFiSGFan and others

Comment

*On the way down the stairs the lights start to flicker*

Taoth: "That's freaky."

Fen: "Yeah Ancient lights don't tend to do that."

*They look up and see the shadow filling the top of the stairway and reaching down towards them*

Fen: "We should pick up the pace."

*Taoth followed by Fenrir and the two marines run down the stairs as fast s they can,once at the bottom they continue down the hall, Fenrir looks back and the shadow is till following them*

Fen: "Any luck with the radio?"

Taoth: "Not yet."

Fen: "The speed that thing is moving it will be on us before we get to the transporter."
                  Last edited by Guest; 28 August 2008, 06:19 AM.

Comment

*Melfan comes running in to the room and comes to a halt*

Melfan: Rodney!? What the hell is going on?

Rodney: I don't know! One minute it's off and then it's on an lighting up the whole place! I've been trying to shut it off for the past few minutes but to no avail! Where have you been! You said you be right back, and I know the messhall is only 5 minutes away and you been gone 20 minutes!

Melfan: I'm here now! Move over! *Melfan takes Rodney place and thinks hard on shutting it down nothing happens but suddenly it does*

Rodney: Thank god! I don't know how that happened!

*Melfan looks around*

Rodney: What?

Melfan: Where is Cara?

Rodney: What do you mean? She's right.. *He points to the blanket that is now empy* Oh no!

Melfan: I told you to keep an eye out! Children tend to crawl away!

Rodney: She was a sleep!

Melfan: Well, she isn't any more!

*Suddenly a noice is heard*

Melfan: Did you hear that?

Rodney: Yes.

Melfan: It comes from the back of the machine.

Rodney: That is the front, I think.

*Melfan and Rodney walk around the machine*

Rodney: Oh. My. God.

Melfan: You got to be kidding me! *Over com* General Melfan, to C-Carson*

C-Carson: Carson here, what the emergency?

Melfan: We have a little situation here down at Lab 5.

C-Carson: What kind of situation?

Melfan: You better come and see for yourself. Melfan out.

Rodney: A little situation? This more than a little situation, General! She's...

Melfan: I know! I have eyes!

*C-Carson enters*

C-Carson: Who have eyes and what *He sees what has happned* Dear lord.

*He stares in disbelief*
                    Last edited by melfan; 28 August 2008, 07:56 AM.
                    I'm a 60%er | Sigs are made by me and othersThe Lorne Identity - A Lorne fanfiction collection community.

Comment

*in the back of the jumper*

C Lorne: it's getting late, we really should be heading back *he kisses her*

JPJ: i know and I want to go back and see Cara, but then I have work tomorrow

C Lorne: i know babe, but it is nice to have days like this relax, eat paint

JPJ: thud? *he grins*

C Lorne: oh most definatnly that to, come on our daughter awaits *he gets up and pulls JPJ to her feet, they get dressed and start to pack everything away*
                      sigpic
                      Major Lorne/Kavan Smith Thunk Thread, Lorne Whumpage Thread, Crazy Alternate Universe Thread, My ff.net account
                      Banner sigs :- Shanthaia, CKO, Smurfettethatdoesnotshare, Fenrir Foxz, Kali1, SciFiSGFan and others

Comment

*The power in the hall goes out*

Fen: "Keep moving."

Taoth: "It has to be that entity causing the lights to go out and the radio to stop working."

Fen: "Yeah it must give off some exotic electro-magnetic charge that can effect Ancient tech."

Taoth: "If that gets to the ZPM room..."

Fen: "Then all the city systems will fail."

*He turns to the marine*

Fen: "What drove you to open that container, and how did you manage to do it?"

Marine: "I don't know, I saw the symbols light up... and then I found myself opening the container."

Taoth: "The entity must have manipulated you into opening the container."

*They reach the transporter, the power is out and the door doesn't open*

Fen: "Looks like we're running back to the tower."

*They continue down to the next level and along the corridor leading to the center of the city and straight up to the main tower*

Comment

C-Carson: What just happened here?

Sands: Is that Cara?

Melfan: It has to be... *She walks over to a councol where a text has appeared* It's an aging devise!

C-Carson: Hey little one.

Cara: Mommy!

Rodney: She speaks.

Melfan: Uh, yea, it aged her.

Sands: What is that flashy light.

Melfan: Aging Incomplete. Aging Incomplete. Yoy get the picture.

*Carson picks up the now older Cara*

Carson: How old is she?

Rodney: You can't tell?

Carson: No, not without an examination, Rodney.

Cara: Mommy!

C-Carson: Mommy will come soon.

Melfan: 18 months.

C-Carson: You sure?

Melfan: This machine was designed to age a person 20 years. It only got to 18 monthts. I gotta continue reading what the Ancients was up to.

Rodney: You need any help?

Melfan: I'm good.

Rodney: You are just trying to stay out of JPJ's way are you?

Melfan: Yes.

Rodney: Oh

C-Carson: Well, I gotta take Cara to the infirmary check her out, so no other illaffects has come to her. *He and Sands walk off*

Rodney: Now what?

Melfan: Avoid JPJ.

Rodney: Good plan! *He walks off*

Melfan: Where you going?

Rodney: To a lab, far away!

Melfan: There is still sencors!

Rodney: I have the Ancient Shield I discovered a while back.

Melfan: Didn't that depleet ?

Rodney: I found another. *He walks off*

Melfan: Let's find out why you where created in the first place.

Comment

*On route into the main section of the city they enter a hallway that is still lit up*

Taoth: "Is it still following us?"

Fen: "Doesn't look like it."

Taoth: "Lets keep to a quick pace anyway."

*They go past a window looking out onto the tower they just came form and stop a minute to take a look*

Taoth: "Should it be that dark even with the lights out?"

Fen: "No, that must be why it isn't following us, the shadow entity is consuming the tower."

Taoth: "Do you think it could grow to cover the whole city?"

Fen: "Either that of it's establishing a beachhead."

Taoth: "A beachhead? you mean this might not be the the creatures mentioned in the log?"

Fen: "Not sure, it looked more like a form of energy though, it could be the first stage in the apocalyptic myths mentioned in the log."

Taoth: "Lets continue on before the next stage begins then."

Comment

*JPJ and C Lorne walk out the jumper to be greeted by a marine*

marine: ma'am sir, Gen Mel asked if both of you could come to the infirmary straight away

JPJ: why what's happened?

marine: i know nothing ma'am, was just told to get you 2 there ASAP *they follow the marine, their day's high brought crashing down*

C Carson: are your back good

JPJ: Carson what's happened is Cara okay?

Emma: in a manner of speaking yes

C Lorne: in a manner of speaking? *bed sheets can be heard moving from behind Emma and Carson*

Cara: mommy!

JPJ: is that? Cara? *she moves Carson aside to reveal Cara sitting on a bed*

Cara: mommy! *she holds her arms out to be picked up*

JPJ: baby? *she turns to Carson tears filling her eyes* what happened?

C Carson: it was the device Gen Mel and Rodney where looking at. I ages people, meant to by 20 yrs but it failed with Cara and only aged her 18 months

Cara: mommy! *Cara's voice getting more distressed that her mom won't pick her up, C Lorne just stands there unable to say anything or move*

Emma: your daughter needs you *JPJ takes a deep breathe and goes to Cara*

JPJ: sweetie *she picks her up and hugs her* what did Rodney do to you?

Cara: hungry mom *JPJ half laughs and half cries, she turns to C Lorne*

C Lorne: i'm going to kill him *his voice stern and full of emtion*

Cara: daddy? *this makes his face sofen and a small smile breaks*

C Lorne: baby, will she be okay?

Carson: we have bloods running now, people are looking at the device but she seems fine

Cara: hungry daddy

C Lorne: well let's get you some food then *they leave*

Emma: that went better than expected

Carson: aye, but i think the worst is yet to come for Rodney and the Gen *he taps his radio* Gen Mel?

Mel: go ahead doc

Carson: cara seems fine, no ill effects just some blood work to come back yet

Mel: that's good news

Carson: JPJ and C Lorne are back

Mel: crud

Carson: they have Cara and are getting her some food, C Lorne seemed very angry

Mel: what about JPJ?

Carson: more upset than angry but that is probably the intitial shock

Mel; okay thank you *close comms*

*Mess, JPJ is holding Cara whilst she chooses her lunch*

Cara: cheese! *she wriggles in JPJ arms*

JPJ: okay baby *she picks up the sandwich and hands it to her*

C Lorne: I can't believe this, what are we going to do?!

JPJ: love and care for our daughter, we can't undo this

C Lorne: oh McKay can

JPJ: and what *She shouts* deney her the experiences she is going to get whilst he figures it out! *he looks ataken back*

C Lorne: sorry, but he should have been more careful

JPJ: i agree, at least the machine didn't age her 20 yrs then i'd be with you, now I agree we need to go and shout, it is our right as parents, but I don;t think i want this undone

C Lorne: why not, i thought you wanted to keep her small?

JPJ: the nights are tough, every 2 hours she wakes me up

Cara: sorry

JPJ: for what sweetie?

Cara; waking you up *JPJ starts to cry* mom don't cry

JPJ: oh baby you have nothing to be sorry for we love you and always will okay? *Cara nods her little face looking sad*

C Lorne: right are you going to eat that, cause if not i will *he tries to take the sandwich but Cara takes a bite with a gleeful smile*

JPJ: shall we find Rodney and the gen? *Cara nods, they go to leave*

Cara; food! *JPJ picks up an apple and a bag of crisps* where is bugs?

JPJ: bugs, sleeping in our room *Cara giggles* that is another thing room for her

C Lorne: clothes? *JPJ sighes* i can see you hadn't thought this far ahead

JPJ: I thought we had more time *they enter the lab with the machine* Gen!

Mel: JPJ hi, Cara, how are you? *she buries her face in her mom's shoulder*

JPJ: no worse thanks to Rodney, where is he? *her voice short and clipped*

Mel: no idea, he left and I thought I'd see what happened with the device

C Lorne: we know that

Mel: yes and no, we don't know why it stopped at 18 months

C Lorne: good for McKay it did *his tone angry Mel looks at JPJ*

Mel: do you want this undone?

JPJ *she chews her lip* honestly no probably not, but i'm not happy

Mel: understandable, she seems happy *JPJ repositions Cara* I think we all need to get some rest

C Lorne: after I find McKay *he goes to leave but JPJ stops him* out of my way!

JPJ: No, you take Cara to our quarters and I'll find Mckay *her eyes tell him all he needs, with that he takes his daughter and leaves JPJ follows*
                              sigpic

Comment

*Continuing on to the command tower Taoth and Fenrir hear a strange sounds*

Fen: "That's coming from the tower right?"

Taoth: "I think so."

Fen: "Doesn't sound like a noise a shadow would make, there must be something else coming through from another dimension... can we access the labs log from the tower?"

Taoth: "We should be able to..."

*A screeching noise is heard coming form down the hall*

Taoth: "...What was that?"

Fen: "Your guess is as good as mine."

Marine: "I see nothing."

Taoth: "Me neither."

*The lights start flickering again but no shadow can be seen down the hall, for a split second Fenrir notices an outline of something... Then Taoth sees it but the shape disappears again, one of the marines notices something moving towards him, takes aim and fires but the bullets go right through the creature, it materialises and knocks him to the ground*

Comment

Working...
                                X