virtual space battles thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

virtual space battles thread

hey i've not came across a thread for this and i was told to make it here so. The thread is somewhere that people who have written space battles with present stargate or ones they have came up with themselvs to post them.

They do not need to be typed up in any specific format just that they are typed up.

Continuing Stargate Virtual Fleet Link Below

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=63923

OPERATION TORUS

M4?-792 system, Shyn'Yar POW and Shipyard asteroid facility.

Spoiler:
    “Hyper transition in 4, 3, 2, 1,” The USAF Calypso's AI, Nina, said over the intercom. The Calypso’s stealth hyper window didn’t so much as shimmer as a patch of darkness seemingly appeared from nowhere.

“ETA; 10 minutes,” the Nina said as she shimmered on her projector, “Deploying intel drones.” Two smaller patches of darkness detached themselves from the larger one (the Calypso) their inertialess drives kicking in immediately.

“Do we have an LZ?” the gruff voice of Colonel Petrov came from his resting place in the crash couch.

“Yes, sir, intel drones confirm LZ coordinates. Prepare for insertion; brace yourselves ladies and gentlemen,” Nina’s voice said almost maliciously.

The small insertion pod slammed into the asteroid face at nearly 200 mph, unbearably slow cosmically speaking but more than enough to shake the occupants of the stealth insertion pod as it drilled though 30 meters of solid rock.

“Status?’ Pertov asked.

“Shield generator burnt out, power source at 40 percent, hyperdrive engine still functional...so is sub light,” Nina replied.

Petrov nodded to his marines, “Breach the seal.”

15 nanosuited marines poured out of the hatch, quickly securing the weightless tunnel. Not a large force by anyone’s account.

“Self destruct set,” Nina said.

“Everybody cloak,” Petrov ordered.

Nanofibres had a lot of untapped properties; a few years ago some scientist had patched a cloak on a jumper with them only to discover they disappeared along with the jumper. Research had started right away, and these suits were the result.

Petrov removed Nina’s brain box from the Calypso’s interphace. “Comfortable?” he asked.

“Positively cozy.” she replied.

Petrov’s HUD lit up as his men cloaked, showing their locations relative to him and a multitude of other data.

“Move out.” he ordered.

The marines flipped so their legs were facing toward the “front” which from then on was “down”, bent their legs under them and locked them.

Each holding a null gee pulse laser nicknamed “flashers” they pushed off the rough tunnel walls.

“There.” Petrov said as he touched down on an airlock.

“Just set me down.” Nina said. She extended a nanoprobe into the lock’s insides,
    “I’m in, but I need to get to a central terminal to do any damage.”

A force field shimmered over the doorway as she unlocked it, holding in the atmosphere.

“This way big boys,” she said, grinning internaly.

The marines filed thought the gate, reorienting themselves to internal gravity. They put away their Flashers, unstrapping their Saber hypervelocity rifles.

“Left,” Nina’s voice prompted in his ear.

A Shrin’Yar tech walked right past the team, making them jump.

“Move it boys, we don’t have all day,” Nina said.

The marines began quietly making their way toward the center of the asteroid base under Nina's commands.

“Boss; look at that,” one of them, Lieutenant Wang, prompted Patrov, pointing out a window that face a large cavern off to the side.

Petrov gasped. The room was full of what looked like boxing rings. In them, Shrin'Yar soldiers fought human POWs in brutal hand-to-hand combat matches. I

”Some kind of training room.” Wang speculated.

One match in particular drew Petrov’s attention; the POW was brutally beating up a Shrin’Yar.

“Look; no interference whatsoever,” Wang said, pointing. He was right; no one came to the alien solder’s help.

“It’s natural selection,” Nina chimed in, “They believe in propagating the genes of the best; if you die in battle than you’re not a good soldier, and your genes aren’t
    passed down.”

“Alright," Petrov said, "keep moving.”

The marines made their way into increasingly populated corridors, and had to flatten themselves against a wall more than once to avoid bumping into the felinoid aliens.

“There, right there,” Nina whispered, indicating a panel on Petrov’s HUD. He set her box down gently and let her get to work.

“I’m in, this counter-intrusion software is hopeless, they must not be worried about intruders; you cold sneak a virtual elephant past that security,” she said smugly.

"That's odd. You'd think they'd be more cautious," Petrov said.

"Well, it's that, or they have a really good silent alarm," Nina said.

Petrov glared but Nina seamed unconcerned.

“Well?” he asked after a few seconds had passed.

“OK, I'm going though their database now," Nina said, "I decrypted it, but it's in Shrin'Yar so I'm just downloading it all. The guys at R&D can translate it. Hijacking subspace transceiver, encoding data to within human security protocols...Sending. ETC 15 minutes. Wait...they're on to me.”

Alarms began to sound throughout the base.

Just then a team of Shrin'Yar commando’s entered the room, training their guns around the empty space And began to float to ward the ceiling when Nina shut down internal gravity.
    The marines cut them down mercilessly.

“I’ve hacked their internal defenses, expect no resistance,” Nina said

‘Arrrrggggg!” Byron screamed as an energy blast caught him in the leg, naosuit holding him up and already extending medical fibers into the wound.

Another group of Shyn’Yar commandoes were firing blindly from down the hall.

“Take cover, reverse cloak!” Petrov barked at his soldiers.

They dived to cover, aging their boots to the metal floor. The naotanks changed their internal makeup into shield generators, channeling the protective field through the suit. And started to return fireweed their Sabers.
    More than one soldier lost control of their trigger hand as Nina took over to direct interceptor fire at incoming grenades.

“Grenades!”

Petrov yelled to his team. Bouncer (general name for grenades covered in hard rubber designed to rebound in 0G) assailed the Shyn’Yar from behind as they rebounded off of bulkheads. Without a central AI to coordinate their interceptor fire they had no hope.

A wave of pressure and heat washed over the marine’s shields.
    Petrov peered at his life signs detector: nobody alive.

“How do you define no resistance? Let's go." He said to his marines, picking up Nina’s brain box.

“We can’t just leave all these people behind,” Wang protested.

Nina sighted softly. The mission came first. Well, it’s not like I didn’t see this coming. “Evacuating the POWs to the completed enemy warships, setting the self-destruct. I suggest we hurry.”

They boarded a gunship analog and were greeted by the awed eyes of the escaped prisoners.

“Hook me into the ship,” Nina said.

Petrov set her down on a console on the bridge, “Let’s go Nina.”

“Opening shipyard doors, overriding shipboard security,” she said. Petrov watched as ships began to slide out of their docking collars, heading for open space.

“Done, transmitting rendezvous coordinates now,” Nina said. Their ship was out now.

“Care for a view?” Nina asked. She displayed the asteroid. A small explosion shook its side.

“The Calypso,” Nina said, confirming, “Eight seconds to Shipyard Self-Destruct, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1…”

The whole structure exploded outward, debris spinning in space, plasma melting the remaining debris. Sending out a particle shockwave.

“Brace for hyperspace,” Nina said.

The last ship jumped out of the system before the particle wave caught them.

Comment

Working...
    X