This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kalium galaxy

I was wondering what other people thought about the original movies claim that Abydos resides in the Kalium Galaxy. Seeing as how the only place that I have been able to find reference to Kalium has been in association with Stargate, and since I think that there is no way that the transparent destination grid seen in the film could possibly be big enough to display somewhere "on the other side of the known universe," I suspect that this sites omnipedia is right in assuming it was just a mistake. Does this seem reasonable?

of course its a mistake
    if it's on the other side of the universe we wouldn't have a name for it

Comment

Originally posted by songar87 View Post
      I was wondering what other people thought about the original movies claim that Abydos resides in the Kalium Galaxy. Seeing as how the only place that I have been able to find reference to Kalium has been in association with Stargate, and since I think that there is no way that the transparent destination grid seen in the film could possibly be big enough to display somewhere "on the other side of the known universe," I suspect that this sites omnipedia is right in assuming it was just a mistake. Does this seem reasonable?
      The tv series ignored a lot of stuff from the original movie. All one can really do if they want to watch the original movie in light of the series' canon is to ignore the contradictions.

Carson: Muh tuttles!

Comment

As the series and the movie weren't made by the same people, things like this are (at least for me) totally acceptable.

Comment

Certain things had to be changed in order for it to work as a tv series, oh and btw they are good changes.

Comment

Doesn't bother me in the least. I tend to think of the movie and the TV show as two separate entities.
            sigpic
            Thank you Astra Per Aspera for the sig....... My Fan Fiction

Comment

Originally posted by Heaven View Post
              of course its a mistake
              if it's on the other side of the universe we wouldn't have a name for it
              "Known Universe"

Comment

Originally posted by gater62 View Post
                Doesn't bother me in the least. I tend to think of the movie and the TV show as two separate entities.
                So do I. The movie isn't really canon to the series as far as what a Goa'uld is, Ra's "Jaffa", and the location of Abydos.

Or rather, more accurately, the series isn't canon to the movie. Whichever you prefer.

Comment

Working...
                X