Ori Technology

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ori Technology

I was thinking and i had a sudden thought, what are the full capabilites of the Ori. i want people to discuss the tech of the Ori, as well as faults and improvements.

for example, is it possible for a city like Celestis to be a city-ship like Atlantis?

Originally posted by SG66 View Post
    for example, is it possible for a city like Celestis to be a city-ship like Atlantis?
    Thats' what i though when i saw it for the first time, but others believed otherwise, and i still believe that.
    However, there's really no way to know for sure.

Comment

i think its possible. i mean the ori and ancients have the same knowledge.

Comment

I was thinking and i had a sudden thought, what are the full capabilites of the Ori. i want people to discuss the tech of the Ori, as well as faults and improvements.

i think the ori could build a city ship but i dont think its shield would be as strong. Celestis could be a city ship but i dont think it is 1 cos its been there for millons of years.
        i think 1 fault of the ori is that there ground forces or weak for a race as powerful as the ori. they should have energy absorbing armor.

Comment

their ground forces were pretty weak, but i think that was just a plot device. if there was no such thing, then the ori could build armor similar to the kull warriors.

as for the city ship, i wonder, since the supper gate is not big enough for a city ship to come through, what about sending one in in pieces. then re-assemble it on the other side?

Comment

I think the Ori designed their ships and technology (that which we've seen in the Milky Way at least) specifically to be superior to ours. In other words, if our ships were stronger, the Ori ships would also be stronger (with intel taken from Daniel and Vala during their visit.)

So anything we can do, they can do better. They can do anything better than us.
            Brian J. Smith Thunk Thread - New SGU Hottie
            Zachary Quinto Thunk Thread - Sexy/Scary Sylar

Comment

their ground forces were pretty weak, but i think that was just a plot device. if there was no such thing, then the ori could build armor similar to the kull warriors.

as for the city ship, i wonder, since the supper gate is not big enough for a city ship to come through, what about sending one in in pieces. then re-assemble it on the other side?
              if a race was that advanced in real life we would have no chance in a ground battle. they probly would use a weapon we cant even think of. or maybe sometjing like mini drones. deffo a plot hole

or they could just build a bigger gate. maybe they could beam it through the supergate

Comment

the ori, like the assurans, have so much potential. we could make two more shows out of them alone.

Comment

You know.. the Ori mothership is almost as big as Atlantis/Cityship, 3/4' i believe.

Comment

Originally posted by mickhhh View Post
                    if a race was that advanced in real life we would have no chance in a ground battle. they probly would use a weapon we cant even think of. or maybe sometjing like mini drones. deffo a plot hole

or they could just build a bigger gate. maybe they could beam it through the supergate
                    You have to think of the Ori in more of a religious manor rathen then an advanced warlike race. It is acctually better to have ground troups that can fall in battle then ones that are invincible. If they can die, they think they are dieing for their faith and they well be rewarded. So by making them invincible the ori might make less of them really willing to fight.
                    Science fiction is an existential metaphor that allows us to tell stories about the human condition. Isaac Asimov once said, "Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if are to be saved at all."

Comment

Originally posted by Azreth View Post
                      You have to think of the Ori in more of a religious manor rathen then an advanced warlike race. It is acctually better to have ground troups that can fall in battle then ones that are invincible. If they can die, they think they are dieing for their faith and they well be rewarded. So by making them invincible the ori might make less of them really willing to fight.
                      that is very true, i didn't think f that. having soldiers die would help the followers of origen gather to kill the infidels.

Comment

The Ori get their power from their followers, having thousands of them dying in battle doesn't make much sense to me. Rather send in one super soldier, who can take out any non-believers than send in thousands of troops who could get killed and therefore lower the amount of power the Ori are receiving.

Comment

The Ori would want their ships to survive at all costs, however. While their ground forces dying could be seen as creating martyrs, the battlecruisers are the responsibility of Priors. And Priors being killed by unbelievers would not be a good look for believers (like in AoT, for example).

Comment

thats a good point. but they would use some kind of advanced tech in some battles. maybe the larger 1s were to many follows would be killed.

Comment

Hang on no ori soldiers should die because the prior can bring them back to life after their dead. Therefor their unstopable because it practicaly means that there are an infinate ammount of soldiers.

Comment

Working...
                              X