• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And you believed him
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

Heck no ,but if he wants to watch any more eps "live" ,he'll have to keep his word.

Mwahaha !
      The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett View Post
        I'm surprised it's not going to be on ITV1, I thought they were trying to rival the BBC with the likes of Primeval.
        Yeah right they does not have the ball too do anything creative or risky on ITV and that why I rarely watch the channel. To tell you the truth I cannot remember the last time I sat through a ITV program apart x factor and Britain got talent.

Originally posted by BruTak View Post
        It seems to me that ITV would rather put a show that's "home grown" into a prime slot on ITV1, rather than something from the US/Canada.
        Probably true , but they hold a public broadcasting license which means they are limited to the amount of foreign created shows they are allowed to show. Through I do not think they are near that limit yet.

Originally posted by Mousie View Post
        It's a question of logistics really. It seems to me that terrestrial broadcasters in the UK are afraid of pure (or space based) sci fi, simply because it's a subculture, so by its very nature you are looking at a limited audience for most sci fi shows. There have been a few exceptions, Star Trek's, Red Dwarf and Buffy where on at prime time, but they were all on BBC2 which was the home of less mainstream programming.

They prefer to broadcast programmes that are going to appeal to a wide audience. The BBC has a remit that in order to justify the license fee they have to broadcast programmes in a wide variety of categories, which is why they still do Songs of Praise for example. That's probably why we still get sci fi programmes sometimes.

Pushing Daishies was quirky, and because of the main characters ability it could be classed as sci fi, but overall was more a romantic comedy (?). Programmes such as X Files, Lost and Heroes are in the sci fi category as well but are earth based so attract a far wider audience than pure space based sci fi such as BSG of B% for example

They probably think that the majority of people who are going to watch Sanctuary will only be the Stargate fans anyway, so you are looking at a limited number of viewers from a less than primetime show anyway. Unfortunately as much as I am looking forward to it and as much as I love Stargate and AT I don't think Sanctuary will ever be primetime or mainstream on UK terrestrial channels.
        That one of the reason their profits are falling so bad. They are unwilling to take risks on anything which have not been done a thousand times before. This kind of programmed would of gone well running along side supernatural which they do show on ITV 1, although never seem to be on regularly or advertise.

Which will be the same for sanctuary no advertisement means no profile which means small viewer numbers, and the time it airs will change every episode. Unlike the bbc when they get hold of anything like this they advertise the hell out of it, like they are doing with Heroes now, with adverts on after virtually every single show about it. And they do the same for torchwood and they did it with the spooks code 9 not sure about the last one but the above all got pretty descent ratings.

And scifi does bring in the viewers Babylon 5 was prime example they showed the last episode of the show and it bought in the same numbers of viewers as the soaps did.

Just adding they I believe that their license does also force them same as channel 4 and the bbc to showed a diversity of programs to. And channel 4 license actually forces them to show non mainstream programs, and controversial programs.

Comment

ooh, going to have to put that in my tv diary
          Janna Galaxy, Queen of The Gods
          The Strongest Will Survive!
          I'll Be The One To Save Us All!

Comment

Sancturay starts Oct 6th! WOO HOO!(OK I ditched it first time around because I thought the eps were to short but I'll give it another go!)
            I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Just checked ITV4's schedule and it's on there!
              sigpic

Comment

Right at this minute I'm watching 'Primeval' on ITV4, and they've just shown a short advert/promo for 'Sanctuary'. Woohoo!
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by morjana View Post
                  From SG1-Spoilergate:

From www.radiotimes.com (which lists programmes shown in the UK for the
                  next fortnight):

Drama

Sanctuary

[B]Monday 06 October
                  9:00pm - 10:00pm ITV4
                  glad i stopped by or i'd have probably missed it. I wonder if it will be a tv choice in the RT next week.
                  People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint... it happens to kinda look like the name 'Jeremy Bearimy' in cursive English.

Comment

Originally posted by dipsofjazz View Post
                    Right at this minute I'm watching 'Primeval' on ITV4, and they've just shown a short advert/promo for 'Sanctuary'. Woohoo!
                    I tuned in half way through and was then doing the washing up and hanging out the laundry during the ad's so I missed that!
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dipsofjazz View Post
                      Currently watching the football on ITV1 and they have just had an ad for Sanctuary.
                      sigpic

Comment

i'll have to watch it monday, the wednesday repeat clashes with heroes
                        Spoiler:
                        Disclaimer:
                        I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
                        Quotes!
                        - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
                        - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
                        - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
                        sigpic

Comment

hi i was looking in my weekly tv mag and it say sanctuary is on wednesday 8th october but i looked at sky tv and its says monday 6th october bit confusing which day it is?

Comment

Easy answer : It's scheduled for both Monday and Wednesday at 9 p.m. on ITV4 .
                            The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Sanctuary - DigiGuide (UK): Abnormal behaviour - Episode Synopsis:

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....&postcount=193

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
                              SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
                              Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Its great we are going to see it so soon, but its TERRIBLE thats its on ITV4.

ITV4 means no HD, thats the first bad thing, secondly not only will it lack HD, but it will be on a channel that is of the poorest broadcast quality. ITV is well known for having low bitrates. All ITV channels suffer the same problems, the complaints at AVforums.com keep mounting up. The F1 is almost unwatchable at times, looking like a sub-youtube mobile phone recorded video. It might be ok on a smallish CRT, but on an LCD or plasma bigger than 32inches its appalling.

Frankly i will be looking for an alternative source for the show, one that can do it justice.

Comment

Working...
                                X