Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234 56714 ... LastLast

Thread: Sanctuary in the UK- ITV 4 / Watch News

Nox Envoy
    (Moderator)

Default Re: ITV 4 to air Sanctuary

The ITV reception in my area is pretty good ,and I haven't got a HD tv ( or Sky)..so I'll watch it and just be grateful that a Brit channel is showing Sanctuary at all ,given how few scifi/fantasy shows get aired over here.
    Problems accessing the Omnipedia? Click here!
    The places to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info :

Chief Master Sergeant

Its not an issue of reception, even with 100% signal ITV is very poor. It has very heavily compressed digital and heavy artifacting is clear to see, like a very low quality JPEG image.

Nox Envoy
    (Moderator)

Fair enough.

Teal'c Re: ITV 4 to air Sanctuary

Better, perhaps, to rely on "alternate sources"...

Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
    To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
    And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Artifysial View Post
    Sanctuary is much darker than pushing though although having said that they screened Millienium on ITV and that was downright disturbing
    Wasn't that on ITV1, i.e. exceptionally mainstream? I dare say that's because it was Chris Carter and The X Files was such a big hit, albiet on a different channel!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mousie View Post
    It seems to me that terrestrial broadcasters in the UK are afraid of pure (or space based) sci fi, simply because it's a subculture, so by its very nature you are looking at a limited audience for most sci fi shows.
    I think it's partly because there are very few British sci-fi programmes. They seem to think that us Brits aren't interested, and we all sit down to watch things like Casualty, Holby City, The Bill & A Touch of Frost. Nah, you're alright, I want something entertaining!! That's why we have Sky, cos Sky1 buys SG1, Atlantis, BSG, Lost, The 4400, Prison Break, Cold Case & Bones etc etc. I know these aren't all sci-fi, but my point is that these are entertaining programmes which you just don't get on other channels. For the life of me, I can't understand how Channel 5 got Prison Break in the 1st place but that's beside the point. PB is far too good for Channel 5!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mousie View Post
    They prefer to broadcast programmes that are going to appeal to a wide audience. The BBC has a remit that in order to justify the liscence fee they have to broadcast programmes in a wide variety of categories, which is why they still do Songs of Praise for example. That's probably why we still get sci fi programmes sometimes.
    Yes, you're right on the wider audience, and this has me stumped as to why Sanctuary is being advertised on ITV1 - if they're trying to get people to watch it, why not put it on ITV2? They wouldn't go straight to ITV1 as they don't know how it's going to go down, but then again, they put Dexter on ITV1 which really surprised me. I love Dexter, but I thought it would be on ITV2 as I didn't have it down as being that mainstream!

Quote Originally Posted by F.H.BAGPUSS View Post
    *Does the Snoopy Dance*

Looks like Oct 6 will be party time for us UK Sanctuary /AT fans.

( Pity it's a school night ,but my teen son has agreed to get his butt out of bed on time on the Tuesday morning,as long as he can stay up to watch the premiere "live".)
    Um, what time do you normally send him to bed?? I wouldn't have thought staying up til 10 was that unusual for a teen (even a 13yr old), but I don't have kids so I could be way off!!

Quote Originally Posted by jannagalaxy View Post
    ooh, going to have to put that in my tv diary
    I like the idea of a diary for my telly viewing.... patent pending maybe?
    Quote Originally Posted by figment View Post
    Currently watching the football on ITV1 and they have just had an ad for Sanctuary.
    Quote Originally Posted by BruTak View Post

Quote Originally Posted by rovex View Post
    Its not an issue of reception, even with 100% signal ITV is very poor. It has very heavily compressed digital and heavy artifacting is clear to see, like a very low quality JPEG image.
    Quote Originally Posted by BruTak View Post
    Have you considered watching it on the ITV website? You can watch it live or use the watch later facility here I don't know what the quality will be like but it works as I've just tried it out.

Quote Originally Posted by queen_hathor View Post
    Wasn't that on ITV1, i.e. exceptionally mainstream? I dare say that's because it was Chris Carter and The X Files was such a big hit, albiet on a different channel!!

I think it's partly because there are very few British sci-fi programmes. They seem to think that us Brits aren't interested, and we all sit down to watch things like Casualty, Holby City, The Bill & A Touch of Frost. Nah, you're alright, I want something entertaining!! That's why we have Sky, cos Sky1 buys SG1, Atlantis, BSG, Lost, The 4400, Prison Break, Cold Case & Bones etc etc. I know these aren't all sci-fi, but my point is that these are entertaining programmes which you just don't get on other channels. For the life of me, I can't understand how Channel 5 got Prison Break in the 1st place but that's beside the point. PB is far too good for Channel 5!!!

Yes, you're right on the wider audience, and this has me stumped as to why Sanctuary is being advertised on ITV1 - if they're trying to get people to watch it, why not put it on ITV2? They wouldn't go straight to ITV1 as they don't know how it's going to go down, but then again, they put Dexter on ITV1 which really surprised me. I love Dexter, but I thought it would be on ITV2 as I didn't have it down as being that mainstream!
    That's the same reason I got Sky. I have no interest in those mainstream programs.

Perhaps they're just testing the waters with it. If it does well they shift it to another channel. I have already mentioned it to someone and they said ITV4? didn't know there was one. So that could be a problem!! I can't wait to see it. I've seen a few webisodes and liked them. The big plus is that Kavan Smith gets a better bigger part than the webisodes

Nox Envoy
    (Moderator)

Um, what time do you normally send him to bed?? I wouldn't have thought staying up til 10 was that unusual for a teen (even a 13yr old), but I don't have kids so I could be way off!!
    Oh I don't really send him to bed any more...but he learned the hard way that if he stays up late, he feels crappy the next day.He's really just not a morning person ,lol !

Quote Originally Posted by LizzieAnne View Post
    That's the same reason I got Sky. I have no interest in those mainstream programs.
    Life's too short to spend my time watching Casualty!!

Quote Originally Posted by LizzieAnne View Post
    The big plus is that Kavan Smith gets a better bigger part than the webisodes
    Really? Wooohoooooo

OT
    Spoiler:
    Maybe he might even get whumped by some creature!!!

Quote Originally Posted by F.H.BAGPUSS View Post
    Oh I don't really send him to bed any more...but he learned the hard way that if he stays up late, he feels crappy the next day.He's really just not a morning person ,lol !
    Aaaah got you!!

To be honest it seems more suited to ITV4 than 2 given the current line ups. ITV2 seems to be mostly repeated chat shows and soaps these days whereas ITV4 is more scifi with Primeval and Jericho, even though they are repeats as well.

Missed it! Was meeting up with people in RL and forgot to tape it! Doh! I'll catch it Wednesday instead!

Captain Team SG-1*save the show*'s Avatar
    off world formerly Burton on trent,england

Default **Sanctuary is now showing in UK**

Just to let all the UK fans know that sanctuary is currently airing every Wednesday at 9pm on itv4 starting tonight.

Its brilliant. i just came across it when checking my sky planner

He Who Burns At The Center Of Time The_Carpenter's Avatar

Default Re: **Sanctuary is now showing in UK**

Quote Originally Posted by Team SG-1*save the show* View Post
    Just to let all the UK fans know that sanctuary is currently airing every Wednesday at 9pm on itv4 starting tonight.

Its brilliant. i just came across it when checking my sky planner
    Apparently its the repeat... shows Mondays at Nine with a Wednesday repeat.

Just watched it today (didn't know it was one yet till someone from work mentioned it ) Its a shame ITV4 didn't show it as a two hour special but what ya gonna do
    A word of advice... there are creatures that live between this dimension and the next, fiendish creatures that feast on the suffering of an entire world to satiate their eternal hunger. Support the Gateworld Cantina or suffer the fate of all who fall into the clutches of the 'Eladrith Ynneas'

Default Re: **Sanctuary is now showing in UK**

Quote Originally Posted by The_Carpenter View Post
    Apparently its the repeat... shows Mondays at Nine with a Wednesday repeat.

Just watched it today (didn't know it was one yet till someone from work mentioned it ) Its a shame ITV4 didn't show it as a two hour special but what ya gonna do
    Protest can be fun

It's also repeated on ITV4 on Saturday at 9.15pm.

Captain Team SG-1*save the show*'s Avatar
    off world formerly Burton on trent,england

I didnt know it aired on Mondays. i didnt even know it was starting in the uk until i saw it on my planner, i was so excited when i realised what it was.

Unfortunately i have Primeval and Fringe set for Monday nights so i will watch it on Wednesdays instead.
    I am happy it is on over here. Its a pity they didnt advertise it more

woo!! that was amazing! i loved it (watched it on the wednesday repeat) it was nice to see some people that have been on stargate (lorne obviously, and also wasn't that bald guy and athosian?)

i wanna watch part 2 now!! i'm glad they didn't show it as a 2 hour special because that would have clashed with heroes lol
    Spoiler:
    Disclaimer:
    I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
    Quotes!
    - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
    - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
    - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
    STARGAvaTarIII
    http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k4...0137376zj2.png

My problem (apart from not being able to recive ITV4, which is another matter) is the 2100hrs start time.

I work weird shifts, and at that time I'm either in bed cos I've got an 0600hrs start the next morning, or I'm at work and don't knock off for another hour.

Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,

He Who Burns At The Center Of Time The_Carpenter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AvatarIII View Post
    woo!! that was amazing! i loved it (watched it on the wednesday repeat) it was nice to see some people that have been on stargate (lorne obviously, and also wasn't that bald guy and athosian?)

i wanna watch part 2 now!! i'm glad they didn't show it as a 2 hour special because that would have clashed with heroes lol
    Yep.... he was also in an Episode of SG-1..... and is Todd in Stargate Atlantis

Honestly avie.... your slipping
    A word of advice... there are creatures that live between this dimension and the next, fiendish creatures that feast on the suffering of an entire world to satiate their eternal hunger. Support the Gateworld Cantina or suffer the fate of all who fall into the clutches of the 'Eladrith Ynneas'

I was really disappointed by their decision to only air the first hour. Notice how i said "hour" and not "episode". That's because it clearly wasn't a two-parter, but a single feature-length story.

As it stands, they left it on a fairly odd and mundane cliffhanger (whether Will is brave enough to enter the room with Alexi), which i'm not sure will bring back viewers for a second week.

The first hour was slow, meticulous setup. Without the payoff that the second hour provides, it seems rather tame and dare i say it, dull.

Was showing "Battlefield Earth" again in a prime time slot, really so important ITV?

"Battlefield Earth"???

Good God in Govan what a truly terrible movie!