This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bad planning

If you ever watch the first episode of stargate when the sg-1 team gets captured by the goauld and teal'c desides he's doing a bad thing and then joins the sg programme, the staff blasts in that episode blast completely through a solid stone wall, im sure the writers should have thought this through because in the more recent episodes when baal sends the foot soldiers to earth the staff blasts can't even go through particianing in an office.
    Is this me or are they two totally different staffs?

Originally posted by IMPALER View Post
    If you ever watch the first episode of stargate when the sg-1 team gets captured by the goauld and teal'c desides he's doing a bad thing and then joins the sg programme, the staff blasts in that episode blast completely through a solid stone wall, im sure the writers should have thought this through because in the more recent episodes when baal sends the foot soldiers to earth the staff blasts can't even go through particianing in an office.

The damage a staff blast can do was significantly lowered throughout the series.

Comment

Originally posted by IMPALER View Post
      When Baal does what now?

Comment

Originally posted by Naonak View Post
        When Baal does what now?
        I didn't know what he was talking about either, I just know that they dialed down their power.

Comment

I think that that can be explained away by saying that different Goa'uld modify their staffs in a certain way. One goa'uld has their staffs made for power, while another has them set up for speed etc.
          Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

in the first season the staff blasts were a hell of a lot stronger than they are now its like in the episode in season one cant think of its name mayby its the first commandemt when tealk shots through another slolid concrete wall that is convering up a device to sheild the inhabitants from the sun

i dont know what he is talking about either do u thinks he means when Gerick sends his troops down to earth to attack baal in season 9???
            The BC-304... Just Try And Stop Us Now!

sigpic

Comment

When Baal does what now?
              He was referring to the ep Ex Deus Machina when the Jaffa went to Earth to capture Ba'al. There was a firefight between the office's security guards and the Jaffa. The staff blasts couldn't even penetrate those walls separating the cubicles.
              "Yo, you wanna join SG-1?"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gkyun View Post
                He was referring to the ep Ex Deus Machina when the Jaffa went to Earth to capture Ba'al. There was a firefight between the office's security guards and the Jaffa. The staff blasts couldn't even penetrate those walls separating the cubicles.
                Ah.

Anyway, there's a few things in Children of the Gods that got changed later. It's common for changes to be made from pilot episodes to the rest of a series (although I don't think CotG was technically a pilot, as I think they had the entire season already...) The Jaffa armour being fairly resistant to the gunfire at the start of the episode, but having little effect in any further episode, for example.

Comment

spot on gkyun, its when the other guy sends troops after baal and the staff blasts can't even penetrate those blue things that seperate cubicals and all they do it put black dust on em.

Comment

Ah.

Anyway, there's a few things in Children of the Gods that got changed later. It's common for changes to be made from pilot episodes to the rest of a series (although I don't think CotG was technically a pilot, as I think they had the entire season already...) The Jaffa armour being fairly resistant to the gunfire at the start of the episode, but having little effect in any further episode, for example.
                    The reason the armour was more resistant in the begining was that they were using m4's with reagular rounds later in the show (around season 4) they started to use the P-90 with armour piercing rounds. This explains why the armour look less resistant.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gkyun View Post

Ah...yes...that's right...he confused me when he said Ba'al sent them to earth...

Originally posted by LT.Adams View Post
                      The reason the armour was more resistant in the begining was that they were using m4's with reagular rounds later in the show (around season 4) they started to use the P-90 with armour piercing rounds. This explains why the armour look less resistant.
                      Actually, They were using the MP5, Not an M4.

Comment

Originally posted by LT.Adams View Post
                        They didn't get the P90s until The First Ones, almost halfway through season four - they were using MP5s until then.

They changed it.

Comment

I did some reseach on the staff weaponds blast. According to the Ultimate Stargate Guide- wich has been approved by stagate personel- the power of a blast is directly related to the amount of time between each shot. So this been said there must be a buffer of some sort were the charge is stored before each shot when shoting one shot one right after another the first will be powerfull but each one after that will be less powerfull. this could explain why they can go thourgh some rocks and rick walls but not go though the office partitions.
                          sigpic

Comment

Meh, that's just made up, it's not canon.

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                              Meh, that's just made up, it's not canon.
                              then why did RDA write the foreword are you saying he would write for someting he did not approve of.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X