This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ascended Beings as a source of power?

It's been stated that they ancients and other ascended beings are made of pure energy. this brings up a few questions.
    1. is there any way we can use them as an effective power source?
    2. would the ancients and other ascended beings allow this to happen with there policy of non-interference?
    3. would doing this effectively kill an ascended being?
    Vice Admiral and occasionally the Acting Leader of the Gateworld Cantina
    sigpic

Thats a very interesting theory. That would've been much better use of the Sangraal, instead of canceling them out, drain them of the power they 'stole' from their worshipers.

Comment

Originally posted by tombombadail View Post
      It's been stated that they ancients and other ascended beings are made of pure energy. this brings up a few questions.
      1. is there any way we can use them as an effective power source?
      2. would the ancients and other ascended beings allow this to happen with there policy of non-interference?
      3. would doing this effectively kill an ascended being?
      1. Possibly I suppose, you need to understand how to construct a ZPM or possibly get Project Arcturus to work

2. I think when their collective butts are against the wall the non interference rules will suddenly not be so important

3. Well energy can not be destroyed but it can be transformed... so in a sense if their conciousness could not survive as a different form of energy (which I think they wouldn't) they would effectively "die"
      A word of advice... there are creatures that live between this dimension and the next, fiendish creatures that feast on the suffering of an entire world to satiate their eternal hunger. Support the Gateworld Cantina or suffer the fate of all who fall into the clutches of the 'Eladrith Ynneas'

Comment

I dont understand why they cant make their own ZPM's the ancients and the replicators made them theirselfs. I think theres is a greater change they figure that out them using ascended beings as powersource .

Comment

Originally posted by MegaR View Post
          I dont understand why they cant make their own ZPM's the ancients and the replicators made them theirselfs. I think theres is a greater change they figure that out them using ascended beings as powersource .
          Yes it would be easier just to make a ZPM.

But I dont think we will be able to make ZPMs for a few seasons yet if we ever do...
          A word of advice... there are creatures that live between this dimension and the next, fiendish creatures that feast on the suffering of an entire world to satiate their eternal hunger. Support the Gateworld Cantina or suffer the fate of all who fall into the clutches of the 'Eladrith Ynneas'

Comment

Where do you think ZPM's come from? They are just bottled Ascended beings. When you hit maximum entropy they die. That's why Merlin could build a weapon that could kill them and why it worked like a ZPM. The hard part was stuffing an ascended being into the ZPM to begin with. Also When they explode they release the ascended being hence why the explosions are so powerful.

<note this was meant to be funny, if you didn't laugh try reading it again>

Comment

I was actually considering the possibility of a device that uses the energy on the ascended plane of existence before I read this thread. Basically, all you'd need is a device which siphons energy on the same wavelength and frequency as ascended energy and channel it into something that needs power. It wouldn't be too hard if Carter and McKay were willing to work together on it and had an ascended being to test out the energy siphoning device.

Comment

there most stand some where in the ancient datebase how to make a zpm ? and i think that rodney and zelenka chould be able to make one if the find the blueprints

Comment

yeah but they'd have to know what to look for. we have no idea what the ancients called ZedPMs because humans came up with the name for zero point energy. they could of called them something like happy power rocks for all we know.
                  sigpic

Comment

Potentias!

Comment

Originally posted by GeneralLuckyAC View Post
                      Potentias!
                      i thought that name was only used by the people on that planet who hid their zpm
                      sigpic

Comment

^Right. they probably just called them batteries cause thats essentially what they are.
                        sigpic
                        Thanks to WingedPegasus and myself for the sigs, and to Myn for the userbar.

Comment

Working...
                        X