Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Doctor Who & Spin-Offs A-Z Game

Hey all!

Wanted to start another game here in the Doctor Who and spin-off's section here at GW. Basically if you know the A-Z and Doctor Who or K-9 and Company, or Torchwood, or The Sarah Jane Adventures or all four then you'll do brilliantly here.

For example:

I would post:

C ~ Cooper, Gwen

And then the next poster would follow up with:

D ~ Doctor, The

And then myself or another poster would follow that up with:

E ~ Earthshock
    Once Z is reached, the cycle starts with A again. There are no limits here on what you can use for examples from the Whoniverse that is Doctor Who, K-9 and Company, Torchwood, & The Sarah Jane Adventures. Actors, story titles, writers, directors, objects, planets, space stations... the list goes on and on. Everything goes!

If you want to write descriptions next to your example then please do.

For example:

R ~ Rani, The (Renegade Time Lady. She appeared in the 1985 story The Mark of the Rani and the 1987 story Time and the Rani. The Rani was played by actress Kate O'Mara.)
    It isn't mandatory to put descriptions next your examples but I think I will do. The main thing here is to have fun but I also think this game can also serve as an educational experience for those of you just starting to learn about this 45-year phenomenon and its spin-off's.

As I say, this series is 45-years old and has spawned a one-off special and two spin-off series so there should be no problems trying to find examples next to whatever letter you have.

However, In case anyone does get stuck, then I recommend some links which might help:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doctor_...al_information

http://www.drwhoguide.com/who.htm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Torchwood

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Sarah_Jane_Adventures

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/K-9_and_Company

Maybe it would be a good idea to add those links to your Favourites / Bookmarks? It'd maybe save you referring back to this opening post?

The main thing here is to have fun and maybe learn a thing or two about the Whoniverse. I hope you'll all join in. The game begins with the post that follows directly below.

Have fun everyone!

- Alan.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
    K-9, CLASS and much more...

A ~ Adric (Maths genius who was companion to the 4th Doctor and then the 5th Doctor. Adric first appeared in the 1980 story Full Circle. His last appearance was in the 1982 story Earthshock in which he sacrificed himself to save Earth from a crashing cargo ship. The cargo ship was actually part of history. It was accidentally sent back in time from the 26th century to destroy Earth but all it succeeded in doing was becoming the "meteor" responsible for the extinction of the Dinosaurs. Adric was played by Matthew Waterhouse.)
    Last edited by Alan; 31 March 2008, 07:49 AM.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,

Comment

Ok Alan, I'm gonna give this a try:

B ~ John Barrowman

A Scottish actor, whose most prominent television role has been as Captain Jack Harkness in Doctor Who and its spin-off series Torchwood.
      sigpic
      Thanks to Dunc for my pretty aurora and Muse sig. He had no part in the Twilight one

Comment

C ~ Gwen Cooper

Gwen Cooper is a former police officer recruited into the Torchwood Institute. She is portrayed by Eve Myles.
        sigpic
        Thanks to Dunc for my pretty aurora and Muse sig. He had no part in the Twilight one

Comment

D ~ the Doctor

Last of the Timelords from Gallifrey. Survived the Time War with the Daleks. Travels around with the TARDIS a spaceship that can go back and fourth in time and space. The Doctor has usually at least one companion along with him. He is a little over 900 years old and probably immortal since he can always regenerate unless at some point he chooses not to. His latest incarnation is played by David Tennant.
          He's like fire, ice and rage. He's like the night, and the storm in the heart of the sun.
          He's ancient and forever. He burns at the centre of time and he can see the turn of the universe.
          And he's wonderful.

Comment

E ~ Evil of the Daleks, The (1967 story which starred Patrick Troughton as "The Doctor". This story marked the first appearance of Deborah Watling as new companion "Victoria Waterfield" and the first appearance of an Emperor Dalek.)

Comment

F ~ Freema Agyeman

We all know who she is

Comment

G ~ Gallifrey (Home planet of the Time Lords. Located in the constellation of Kasterborous at Galactic Coordinates ten-zero-eleven-zero-zero by zero-two from galactic zero centre. Gallifrey is 250 million light years from Earth (which is a good ten minutes away if travelling by TARDIS). Gallifrey and all its inhabitants were destroyed in the last great Time War with the Daleks.)

Comment

H ~ Holloway, Grace

The Eighth Doctor's companion
                  Shelly
                  My Photos
                  sigpic

Comment

I ~ Idiot's Lantern, The (2006 story starring David Tennant as "The Doctor" & Billie Piper as "Rose Tyler".)

Comment

J ~ Jones as in Martha Jones, doctor in training and companion for the tenth Doctor

Needed an easy one, H was hard for me. Thanks for the invite BTW!
                      Shelly
                      My Photos
                      sigpic

Comment

K ~ Kingdom, Sara (A Space Security Agent from the year 4000. Sara was briefly a companion to the 1st Doctor and helped him fight the Daleks from gaining possession of a weapon called the Time Destructor and unleashing it on the universe. The Time Destructor was activated but its effects were only felt on the planet Kembel and as a result Sara was quickly aged, died, and turned to dust but not before saving the Doctor's life and keeping him from feeling the full force of its effects. Sara Kingdom was played by actress Jean Marsh.)

You're very welcome for the invite, RDAfan61 (may I call you Shelly?).

Comment

L ~ Lisa Hallet: Ianto Jones' half-converted cyberman girlfriend from Torchwood One. He kept her in the sublevels of the Torchwood Three Hub for months before she was discovered and subsequently killed. Torchwood episode 1.04 Cyberwoman.

this is an absolutely wonderful way to learn about a fandom... gotta love word games, and great idea to put little explinations!
                          I'm a Slasher. I slash. It's what I do.
                          sigpic

Comment

M ~ Mitchell, Adam (Adam first appeared in the 2005 story Dalek. He came from the year 2012. Adam was an employee of American billionaire Henry van Statten until a Dalek escaped its cell and wiped out most of the underground facility he worked at resulting in van Statten's fall from power. Adam joined the 9th Doctor at that stories conclusion. However his time aboard the TARDIS was brief. In the following story The Long Game, the Doctor ejected Adam from the TARDIS after attempting to steal technological secrets from the year 200,000 and transmit them back to the year 2012. Adam has the singular distinction of being the only companion to have been forcibly removed from the TARDIS. He was played by actor Bruno Langley.)

Originally posted by Lilith View Post
                            this is an absolutely wonderful way to learn about a fandom... gotta love word games, and great idea to put little explinations!
                            I'm glad you like the idea and hope you have fun here.

Comment

Nostrovites~ featured in the Torchwood episode 2.09 "Something Borrowed". Jack describes them as 'carnivorous alien shape-shifters with a taste for human flesh'. Nostrovites hunt in pairs and mate for life. They are most notable for their method of reproduction; after fertilisation, the female passes her eggs to the male, who stores them in a protective pouch in the throat, where they can be passed into a suitable host through a bite. The eggs are incubated within the host until they are ready to hatch; the female then tracks down the host and tears them open to free the offspring.
                              I'm a Slasher. I slash. It's what I do.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X