No announcement yet.

Doctor Who & Spin-Offs A-Z Game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

O ~ Ood (Humanoid alien species that are used by Humans as servents in the 43rd century. Ood appeared in the 2006 story The Impossible Planet. They were servents to the Humans expedition at Sanctuary Base 6 until becoming possessed by the Great Beast at attacking the humans. All the Ood on Sanctuary Base 6 were lost when the planet the base was on got pulled into a Black Hole.)

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
    K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

P~Police Public Call Box: the shape the TARDIS is stuck in thnks to a faulty chameleon circut
      I'm a Slasher. I slash. It's what I do.
      sigpic

Comment

Q ~ Question Marks (The 4th, 5th, & 6th Doctors displayed Question Marks on their shirt collars and trouser braces. The 7th Doctor displayed Question Marks on his pullover and the handle on his umbrella was in the shape of a Question Mark also.)

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,

Comment

R~Raxicoricofallipatorus: homeworld for the Slitheen, featured in series one of New Who
          sigpic

Comment

S ~ Sato, Toshiko (Toshiko 'Tosh' Sato is a member of the Torchwood team working in Cardiff. She's the resident computer expert and has medical expertise too. Tosh made her first appearance in the 2005 Doctor Who story Aliens of London (set in the year 2006). She performed the examination on the Pig and later met the 9th Doctor. Tosh was actually recruited to work at Torchwood 3 in Cardiff by Captain Jack Harkness two years previously (2004) meaning that she was working undercover for Torchwood in Aliens of London. Tosh made her first Torchwood appearance in the Series 1 première episode Everything Changes. Tosh is the only Torchwood 3 member other than Jack who is known to have actually met the Doctor. She's played by actress Naoko Mori.)
            Last edited by Alan; 01 April 2008, 06:43 AM.

Comment

T ~ Tennant, David (the 10th actor to play The Doctor (excluding Peter Cushing in the Doctor Who movies) in the 28th, 29th and 30th Seasons and all 3 christmas specials so far)
              Spoiler:
              Disclaimer:
              I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
              Quotes!
              - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
              - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
              - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
              sigpic

Comment

U ~ Umbrella (The 6th Doctor occasionally carried with him a multi-coloured umbrella which the 7th Doctor briefly inherited after the regeneration in Time and the Rani. He later swapped that for a black umbrella with a wooden cain-style handle seen in Paradise Towers. In the following story Delta and the Bannermen, the 7th Doctor began carrying a black umbrella with a red handle in the shape of a Question Mark which would be used from then on out. This umbrella did not feature in the 1996 TV movie Enemy Within for the 7th Doctor's final appearance. It can, however, be just about seen in the long shot of the TARDIS wardrobe in the 2005 TV movie The Christmas Invasion.)

Comment

V ~ Time Vortex Energy of the Tardis that Rose looked into and the 9th Doctor had to absorb to save her causing his regeneration into the Tenth Doctor.

Please call me Shelly, RDAfan doesn't fit much here anyway.
                  Shelly
                  My Photos
                  sigpic

Comment

W ~ Wright, Barbara (Companion to the 1st Doctor. She first appeared in the very first Doctor Who story An Unearthly Child. Barbara was a History Teacher at Coal Hill School in London. She comes from the year 1963. She and her fellow teacher Ian Chesterton accidentally discovered the TARDIS at a junkyard at 76 Totter's Lane when curiosity about the unusual behaviour of their pupil and the Doctor's granddaughter Susan Foreman led them to investigate her. They were forced to join the Doctor and Susan in their travels. In the 1965 story The Chase, Barbara and Ian eventually left the TARDIS to return to Earth in 1963 by using a Dalek time machine but ended up returning to Earth in 1965 instead. Barbara Wright was played by the late actress Jacqueline Hill.)

Originally posted by RDAfan61 View Post
                    Please call me Shelly, RDAfan doesn't fit much here anyway.
                    Thanks for allowing us to call you Shelly. It wasn't so much that your username didn't fit in...it was the fact that if I had to refer to you by name I had to go back and look at one of your previous posts.

Comment

X ~ X-ray Owen checks his subjects x-rays during autopsies or for live patients he is trying to help in Torchwood.

Sheesh, not an easy letter. Not going to be fun when it comes around again.
                      Shelly
                      My Photos
                      sigpic

Comment

Y ~ Yeti (A non-corporeal entity known only as The Great Intelligence, used robots disguised as Yeti to terrorise Earth during its failed attempts to invade Earth in the 1967 story The Abominable Snowmen and in the 1968 story The Web of Fear. A Yeti was also seen being used during the Game of Rassilon in the Death Zone on Gallifrey in the 1983 story The Five Doctors.)

Originally posted by RDAfan61 View Post
                        Sheesh, not an easy letter. Not going to be fun when it comes around again.
                        That's okay. I know that the last letters of the alphabet aren't always the easiest to find examples for. So after this round its okay to use what you used before.

Comment

Z ~ Terror of the Zygons

Episode of Dr. Who starring Tom Baker.

(this was a difficult one!)
                          sigpic
                          Thanks to Dunc for my pretty aurora and Muse sig. He had no part in the Twilight one

Comment

A~Abbadon: the Destroyer. He was the final monster fought at the end of Torchood Series One, epsiode 13 End of Days. Abbadon was trapped in the rift until the Torchwood team opened it and released him. Anyone who fell in his shadow died instantly, feeding him his life force. He was defeated when Jack purposely stepped into his shadow, causing Abbadon to explode from overeating, at which point time resetted itself and everything went back to normal. Jack lied dead for three days afterwards.
                            sigpic

Comment

B ~ Battlefield (1988 story starring Sylvester McCoy as "The Doctor" and Sophie Aldred as "Ace". This story marked the return and the last appearance (to date) of Nicholas Courtney as "Brigadier Alistair Lethbridge-Stewart". Also returning was UNIT (United Nations Intelligence Taskforce) and the Doctor's yellow roadster Bessie of which both were last seen in the 1983 story The Five Doctors.)

Originally posted by Aurora1101 View Post
                              (this was a difficult one!)
                              But you managed it. Well done Aurora. If you get Z again then you can use what you used this time again.

Comment

C~Carionites: A race of liens who use words as a form of science. They tricked Shakespeare to write an incantation to oepn a portal to their world. This plan was thawrted by the Tenth Doctor and Martha. Featured in New Who, 3.02 Shakespearan Code
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X