Page 1 of 487 1 2341151101 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 9739

Thread: Doctor Who News, Articles, Cast and Crew Interviews

  1. #1
    Major General morjana's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2004
    Location
    California - The Shake and Bake State
    Posts
    14,277

    Default Doctor Who News, Articles, Cast and Crew Interviews

    From IGN Film Force:

    http://filmforce.ign.com/drwho/artic.../543443p1.html

    (Please follow the link for the complete article.)

    Are US PBS Stations Losing Doctor Who?
    Series may jump to Sci-Fi Channel.

    September 03, 2004 - Doctor Who, the series that helped make PBS pledge drives much more interesting while bringing in tons of money in the '80s, may be leaving those stations for good if a deal currently in the works goes through. According to an e-mail sent out by representatives of Maryland Public Television, one of the handful of PBS networks in the US that still runs the series, BBC America is refusing to send any additional episodes to stations which means they can only run the episodes they currently have in house. The reason: BBC is currently in negotiations with the SCI-FI Channel cable network to have an exclusive contract for the series.



    |*|(*)|*|(*)|*|

    I can see it now...

    The SGC commissary.

    Jack, Sam, Teal'c and Daniel are having a snack. Jack (red jello), Sam (blue jello), Teal'c (a banana and green jello), Daniel (some cranraisins).

    Daniel: So, Dr. Who is on the SciFi Channel tonight at 9.

    Jack: Who is?

    Daniel: I don't know, Jack. I hope it's Tom Baker though.

    Silence

    Jack: I thought you said Dr. Who?

    Daniel: I did Jack.

    Jack: Who is who?

    Daniel: I said I don't know Jack. It could be Tom Baker, it could be Peter Davison or...

    Jack: Those don't sound like doctors, though.

    Teal'c: Indeed not, O'Neill. Doctors McCoy, or Crusher or Bashir -- even Dr. Beckett -- those are all familiar scifi doctors.

    Daniel: No, no you don't understand. Dr. Who is the name of the show -- and the character.

    Jack: Who is?

    Daniel: Yes, Jack.

    Jack: Oh. Teal'c -- you gonna eat that banana?

    (Sam went and got a second helping of blue jello. Never miss an opportunity to stock up on blue jello.)


    |*|(*)|*|(*)|*|


    Morjana

    SG1-Spoilergate
    http://tv.groups.yahoo.com/group/SG1-Spoilergate/

    Richard Dean Anderson Fans
    http://movies.groups.yahoo.com/group/rdandersonfans/

  2. #2
    Major DownFallAngel's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2004
    Location
    [Purgatory.]
    Posts
    2,879

    Default Re: Dr. Who on the SciFi Channel???

    That script cleared up everything!

    And was hilarious in the old school jack fashion.

  3. #3
    Chief Master Sergeant Hohenzollern's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 2004
    Location
    San Antonio de Bexar - Paratime Theta
    Posts
    180

    Default Re: Dr. Who on the SciFi Channel???

    That would be nice. Get to see Mary Tamm (my fav of the sidekicks) again.

    Might somewhat makeup for letting the Trek series slip through their (scifi) fingers and losing them to the Spike Channel, who shows them out of order and at odd times.
    "Let's make it TEN. Ten's a nice...round...number..." -- Morty

  4. #4
    Second Lieutenant Whitster's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2004
    Location
    Romford, Innit Blood
    Posts
    275

    Default Re: Dr. Who on the SciFi Channel???

    Yeah but is that the rights for the repeats of the old series or the rights to show the new series when it's done?

  5. #5
    Chief Master Sergeant FieryHands's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 2004
    Location
    I have no frelling idea! *runs in a circle screami
    Posts
    204

    Default Re: Dr. Who on the SciFi Channel???

    Maybe SciFi can air the episode parts in order, unlike the PBS station I watch. At least they show it and Red Dwarf--I need my weekly fix. I think Scifi might have aired both once upon a time.

  6. #6
    Captain
    Member Since
    Jul 2004
    Location
    I no longer exist on GW
    Posts
    1,954

    Default Re: Dr. Who on the SciFi Channel???

    Quote Originally Posted by morjana
    From IGN Film Force:

    http://filmforce.ign.com/drwho/artic.../543443p1.html

    (Please follow the link for the complete article.)

    Are US PBS Stations Losing Doctor Who?
    Series may jump to Sci-Fi Channel.

    September 03, 2004 - Doctor Who, the series that helped make PBS pledge drives much more interesting while bringing in tons of money in the '80s, may be leaving those stations for good if a deal currently in the works goes through. According to an e-mail sent out by representatives of Maryland Public Television, one of the handful of PBS networks in the US that still runs the series, BBC America is refusing to send any additional episodes to stations which means they can only run the episodes they currently have in house. The reason: BBC is currently in negotiations with the SCI-FI Channel cable network to have an exclusive contract for the series.



    |*|(*)|*|(*)|*|

    I can see it now...

    The SGC commissary.

    Jack, Sam, Teal'c and Daniel are having a snack. Jack (red jello), Sam (blue jello), Teal'c (a banana and green jello), Daniel (some cranraisins).

    Daniel: So, Dr. Who is on the SciFi Channel tonight at 9.

    Jack: Who is?

    Daniel: I don't know, Jack. I hope it's Tom Baker though.

    Silence

    Jack: I thought you said Dr. Who?

    Daniel: I did Jack.

    Jack: Who is who?

    Daniel: I said I don't know Jack. It could be Tom Baker, it could be Peter Davison or...

    Jack: Those don't sound like doctors, though.

    Teal'c: Indeed not, O'Neill. Doctors McCoy, or Crusher or Bashir -- even Dr. Beckett -- those are all familiar scifi doctors.

    Daniel: No, no you don't understand. Dr. Who is the name of the show -- and the character.

    Jack: Who is?

    Daniel: Yes, Jack.

    Jack: Oh. Teal'c -- you gonna eat that banana?

    (Sam went and got a second helping of blue jello. Never miss an opportunity to stock up on blue jello.)


    |*|(*)|*|(*)|*|


    Morjana

    SG1-Spoilergate
    http://tv.groups.yahoo.com/group/SG1-Spoilergate/

    Richard Dean Anderson Fans
    http://movies.groups.yahoo.com/group/rdandersonfans/
    Dr. Who was lame old school sci-fi. I tried watching once and fell asleep. It's boring, dull, poorly acted, and lame effects. Almost like Lost in Space without the humour!

  7. #7
    Second Lieutenant Whitster's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2004
    Location
    Romford, Innit Blood
    Posts
    275

    Default Re: Dr. Who on the SciFi Channel???

    Quote Originally Posted by LordAnubis
    Dr. Who was lame old school sci-fi. I tried watching once and fell asleep. It's boring, dull, poorly acted, and lame effects. Almost like Lost in Space without the humour!
    Man come on, Dr Who was quility sci-fi for its time, when you consider the budget the producers of that show were working on compared to what something like SG costs it was great.

  8. #8
    Captain
    Member Since
    Jul 2004
    Location
    I no longer exist on GW
    Posts
    1,954

    Default Re: Dr. Who on the SciFi Channel???

    Quote Originally Posted by Whitster
    Man come on, Dr Who was quility sci-fi for its time, when you consider the budget the producers of that show were working on compared to what something like SG costs it was great.
    Here's me watchin' crap a$$ Dr Who: zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. That show makes no sense.

  9. #9
    First Lieutenant KorbenDirewolf's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2004
    Location
    U. S. A.
    Posts
    829

    Default Re: Dr. Who on the SciFi Channel???

    hmmm.. maybe I'll get a chance to see if it's as good as I remember from when I was 8 or 9 and local PBS actually aired it.
    The opinions of KorbenDirewolf do not necessrily represent the opinions of other male U.S. residents between the ages of 18 and 25.

    http://home.graffiti.net/kdiw/indiv.jpg

  10. #10
    Second Lieutenant Whitster's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2004
    Location
    Romford, Innit Blood
    Posts
    275

    Default Re: Dr. Who on the SciFi Channel???

    Quote Originally Posted by LordAnubis
    Here's me watchin' crap a$$ Dr Who: zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. That show makes no sense.
    Man thats not even a proper argument, and the fact that you spelt arse as A$$ means it's not even worth reading your posts.

  11. #11
    Captain
    Member Since
    Jul 2004
    Location
    I no longer exist on GW
    Posts
    1,954

    Default Re: Dr. Who on the SciFi Channel???

    Quote Originally Posted by Whitster
    Man thats not even a proper argument, and the fact that you spelt arse as A$$ means it's not even worth reading your posts.
    Serious? Man ur harsh. If that's the case, I won't read ur posts either.

  12. #12
    Second Lieutenant Whitster's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2004
    Location
    Romford, Innit Blood
    Posts
    275

    Default Re: Dr. Who on the SciFi Channel???

    Quote Originally Posted by LordAnubis
    Serious? Man ur harsh. If that's the case, I won't read ur posts either.
    Sorry bout that man I was quite ###### at that point last night. I really should leave the internet alon when i've been drinking.
    Last edited by GateWorld; September 8th, 2004 at 10:02 AM.

  13. #13
    Captain
    Member Since
    Jul 2004
    Location
    I no longer exist on GW
    Posts
    1,954

    Default Re: Dr. Who on the SciFi Channel???

    Quote Originally Posted by Whitster
    Sorry bout that man I was quite ###### at that point last night. I really should leave the internet alon when i've been drinking.
    Blimey mate. Make no mistake, when Lord Anubis returns, the river Thames will run red with the blood of Whitster.
    Last edited by David; September 8th, 2004 at 10:47 AM.

  14. #14
    Chief Master Sergeant Hellcat's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 2004
    Location
    P3X-497
    Posts
    103

    Default Re: Dr. Who on the SciFi Channel???

    I vote for the Dr. beeing "Sylvester McCoy" - the 7th one
    The best IMHO

  15. #15
    Major General greytop's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jun 2004
    Location
    not here or there
    Posts
    12,841

    Default Re: Dr. Who on the SciFi Channel???

    I know I'll watch Dr. Who. It was the first British Scifi show I watch on PBS. They stop showing it a long time ago in our PBS station.

    I hope they show it from the beginning.

    I sort of like the Deleks(sp.) as a bad guy in the series.

  16. #16
    Captain
    Member Since
    Jul 2004
    Location
    I no longer exist on GW
    Posts
    1,954

    Default Re: Dr. Who on the SciFi Channel???

    Quote Originally Posted by greytop
    I know I'll watch Dr. Who. It was the first British Scifi show I watch on PBS. They stop showing it a long time ago in our PBS station.

    I hope they show it from the beginning.

    I sort of like the Deleks(sp.) as a bad guy in the series.
    So, what kind of Doctor was Doctor Who anyway? MD, JD, PhD, ScD, EdD, DVM, DDS, PharmD, DC? Any clues?

  17. #17
    Major General greytop's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jun 2004
    Location
    not here or there
    Posts
    12,841

    Default Re: Dr. Who on the SciFi Channel???

    I really don't know but in one episode, I think, he mention that was his name, Doctor.

    Remember it has been years since I have seen the show on PBS. So, I may be wrong.

  18. #18
    Chief Master Sergeant
    Member Since
    May 2004
    Posts
    218

    Default Re: Dr. Who on the SciFi Channel???

    Quote Originally Posted by LordAnubis
    So, what kind of Doctor was Doctor Who anyway? MD, JD, PhD, ScD, EdD, DVM, DDS, PharmD, DC? Any clues?
    All of the above and many more but I think he majored in temperal enginering.

  19. #19
    Captain
    Member Since
    Jul 2004
    Location
    I no longer exist on GW
    Posts
    1,954

    Default Re: Dr. Who on the SciFi Channel???

    Quote Originally Posted by Xzyl
    All of the above and many more but I think he majored in temperal enginering.
    That's a lot of schoolin'.

  20. #20
    First Lieutenant KorbenDirewolf's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2004
    Location
    U. S. A.
    Posts
    829

    Default Re: Dr. Who on the SciFi Channel???

    The Doctor was just the Doctor. Like the Master was the Master...
    The opinions of KorbenDirewolf do not necessrily represent the opinions of other male U.S. residents between the ages of 18 and 25.

    http://home.graffiti.net/kdiw/indiv.jpg

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 983
    Last Post: May 21st, 2014, 04:04 AM
  2. BSG Cast & Crew interviews
    By Sci-Fi in forum Battlestar Galactica
    Replies: 420
    Last Post: February 13th, 2010, 04:16 AM
  3. Smallville cast & crew interviews
    By Madwelshboy in forum Smallville
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: November 1st, 2009, 02:18 AM
  4. Replies: 7
    Last Post: August 21st, 2009, 06:04 AM
  5. Caprica Cast & Crew Interviews
    By Madwelshboy in forum Caprica
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: July 29th, 2009, 05:25 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •