Question for Virtual Series Writers ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question for Virtual Series Writers ?

I'm currently working on a virtual series of my own with several episodes planned out and 1 already finished but i have some questions that i thought that you guys could help me with.

1.)How can you tell if a episode is 43ish minutes long in script form. I am following script form as it seems to be popular(Horizon and Destiny) ,and i cant tell if i have too much or too little.

2.) I have no idea how to make my own web-site. Are their any useful sites that i can look at.

Thanks for the help guys. I hope my series turns out as good and as popular as Horizon, Destiny, and others.
    sigpic

Originally posted by Annubis' hitman View Post
    I'm currently working on a virtual series of my own with several episodes planned out and 1 already finished but i have some questions that i thought that you guys could help me with.

1.)How can you tell if a episode is 43ish minutes long in script form. I am following script form as it seems to be popular(Horizon and Destiny) ,and i cant tell if i have too much or too little.
    Haven't done virtual series, but I've studied screenplay writing so I can help you with that. A feature film's typical length is between 90 and 210 minutes, an average screenplay for such a film is 95 to 125 pages. This gives us roughly one minute per page plus variations according to the nature of scenes. If you are writing an action-packed movie, you can have a description that takes three lines on paper but 45 seconds onscreen or vice versa.

A typical episode of a show like Stargate is about 45 minutes.
    If Algeria introduced a resolution declaring that the earth was flat and that Israel had flattened it, it would pass by a vote of 164 to 13 with 26 abstentions.- Abba Eban.

Comment

Aim for about 50-60 pages. Any less is cutting it too fine, much more and you're in danger of going OTT. That said, as Womble pointed out, there are times when you'll write loads and it'll take up next to no "screentime", or you could write very little and it takes up a lot (though in general if this happens, you've underwritten it), so anywhere between 45 and 65 is fine.
      Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
      - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

Working...
      X