Time Travel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Time Travel

Anybody know if you had the technology of time travel, will if affect the entire universe/ parallel world/ high plane of existence??? I mean think about it.. Your altering time! That affects space and everything!

And why didn't mckay just make a time travel machine,to save Sheppard more easier I mean use the asgard core, it has the info on it!

Too bad asgards couldn't ask Morgan le Fay during the hologram thing to ask of how to fix there disease (i believe they took out asgards because of the episode, and didn't wanna waste of money just for a race to add onto episodes)

look kid. it was cried for 7 seasons that the asgard would die. now they die. why the hell is everyone surprised!?!?!? they died. fine. only problem i have is that the core doesnt contain their remaining supply of neutronium in a beam buffer, and that they didnt give us 1 or 2 oneills. but then, we are young. furthermore, what is easier? get a mark XII in atlantis and mckay, or get the time jumper? you wouldnt get close to the jumper, as it would be heavily guarded. for atlantis it wouldnt be obvious that he wanted to alter time. for the jumper it would be.

Comment

"understanding you not"

Comment

who not do understand you

Comment

well his plan was a secret and as scene from AoT only the highest security clearence allows you access to the Asgard Core. Even so its unlikely that future Sam in Unending loaded the time travel tech on to the crystal she gave Tealc. He would have to do those 40-50 years of work again himelf. Or steal Janus's 2nd time travel device which would have been hard for McKay to pull off, then he'd have to get some way to explain it to Sheppard.
          Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

Originally posted by 2ndgenerationalteran View Post
            well his plan was a secret and as scene from AoT only the highest security clearence allows you access to the Asgard Core. Even so its unlikely that future Sam in Unending loaded the time travel tech on to the crystal she gave Tealc. He would have to do those 40-50 years of work again himelf. Or steal Janus's 2nd time travel device which would have been hard for McKay to pull off, then he'd have to get some way to explain it to Sheppard.
            wow... non of these answer, answer's both very well... sorry but my first question was if a time travel machine affects universe, higher plane, etc.

And Janus's 2nd time travel device? The technology/knowledge of the time travel was either destroyed/erased or janus took it with him.

Comment

there was 2, one left on Atlantis and one left that Sg-1 found in Moebius.

If you go back in time, change the timeline and then jump forward, you would jump to the changed timeline not your original.

Ahh the Back to the Future problem.

All Mckay has to do is jump back in time, steal the magazine and make sure biff eats poop, and then all will be well.
              Visit my Website

Comment

A lot of technology in SG Universe has to be ignored for the stories to make sense.

Also if time works like a ripple in some shows/movies then the higher planes/other dimensions wouldn't be effected unless some how the ripple could break the barrier of these areas.

Comment

Originally posted by Cloudmaster101 View Post
                  Anybody know if you had the technology of time travel, will if affect the entire universe/ parallel world/ high plane of existence??? I mean think about it.. Your altering time! That affects space and everything!

And why didn't mckay just make a time travel machine,to save Sheppard more easier I mean use the asgard core, it has the info on it!

Too bad asgards couldn't ask Morgan le Fay during the hologram thing to ask of how to fix there disease (i believe they took out asgards because of the episode, and didn't wanna waste of money just for a race to add onto episodes)
                  Time travel in sci-fi, especially in the Stargate franchise, always seems to assume that if one travels back in time there's a danger of altering the present as we know it. Therefore time travel for the most part is considered an absolute no-no. That is, except in a few cases where the timeline is altered deliberately (Moebius, The Last Man). Funny how it's okay sometimes.

But assuming that time travel is indeed possible (and I doubt that it is), why assume that we can change the past at all? An alternate side to time travel is that maybe it's simply not possible to change past events. Consider that any attempt to return to a past era to change something has already occured in the past, even if it wasn't witnessed by anyone.

Take the pilot episode of Time Tunnel where Tony Neuman goes back, lands on the Titanic and tries to prevent its sinking. Taking this premise as real, even if Dr. Neuman entered a time portal tomorrow and successfully landed back then, his presence there already happened back in 1912 and his attempt failed, even though it wasn't documented by anyone.

At the risk of overstating my case, I'll sum it up by saying that if time travel is possible and the past can't be changed, then any forays into the past by time travelers have already long ago happened. (Who's to say that when King John signed the Magna Carta back in 1215 that one of the barons standing nearby wasn't a man from the year 2025 or 2367, just there to witness the event?

And with regard to the future, it could also be said that anything that is going to happen has already happened.

This concept might make for less exciting time travel stories for sci-fi writers, but on the other hand, if real time travel ever became a reality it would take a lot of the worry out of such travel, since we'd know we could become a part of the past without changing it, since we were already there.

And if you're not totally confused by everything I've just said, then I congratulate you.
                  My timeline of the Ancients here.

Comment

Working...
                  X