Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Season 3 DVD packaging OR The most inconsistently packaged TV series ever?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Season 3 DVD packaging OR The most inconsistently packaged TV series ever?

So, does anyone's packaging look like this? Mine certainly doesn't. That's okay though, I like what I found much better

Front Back Spine Inside (Pg 1) Inside (Pg 2)

Perhaps the real point of this thread though was to have a laugh at how hopelessly inconsistent the packaging design has been for this series as the years have gone on.

Front covers
    Spines

So much for DVD uniformity nerds like me I guess. Oh well, it's the show that matters.

Oh yeah, and apologies all around for the lousy picture quality. I don't own a digital camera so I was just snapping these off on my phone.
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

i wouldnt know i got it thru netflix

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
      So, does anyone's packaging look like this? Mine certainly doesn't. That's okay though, I like what I found much better

Perhaps the real point of this thread though was to have a laugh at how hopelessly inconsistent the packaging design has been for this series as the years have gone on.

Front covers
      Spines

So much for DVD uniformity nerds like me I guess. Oh well, it's the show that matters.

Oh yeah, and apologies all around for the lousy picture quality. I don't own a digital camera so I was just snapping these off on my phone.
      Ah, the metal box.....I was furious about that, future shop advertisements gave the impression that you got the metal box WITH the packaging from the first picture you showed. I get there and find two different sets of packaging, the regular one with the slim packs, and the metal box, I ended up getting the regular one so that it would match my other sets, BUT I could have saved a couple dollars if I had bought it at costco since I was there right before future shop and had the set in my hands.....but I thought future shop would have the metal box with the set and blah. I was mad. But the gas to go back to costco would have made it pointless. But I was really annoyed. But it is a lovely set, the discs look very nice this toime, the menus are much better etc.- it only took them four years to figure out how screwed up they were.

Only problem is that there is no scene selection option on the episodes (again), and I was saddened to note that the closing credits for "Crossroads Pt. II" have the regular theme and not the wonderful "All Along the Watchtower" piece that SPACE played through the closing credits of that episode, which I thought was a really nice capp-off to the season when it aired on TV.

Comment

I debated with myself at Future Shop too, lol. Both me and another customer who was there, decided to go with the regular sets too(also to match our other sets).

Comment

I bought the metal box one at Future Shop.. I wanted the regular one though, but my local 'Shop didn't carry them for some reason.

Comment

Originally posted by BigR View Post
            I bought the metal box one at Future Shop.. I wanted the regular one though, but my local 'Shop didn't carry them for some reason.
            Mine didn't either. I didn't even realize there were two different packaging styles, I just figured that the final design changed from the one shown at TVShowsOnDVD to the actual release date. Oh well, I like the metal case anyway. The show's releases have been hopelessly inconsistent so far anyway that it really doesn't make much difference at this point.

Maybe I'll get lucky and Season 4(.0) and 4.5/5 will also have colossally different cases. That way they can all be unique...snicker.
            "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by MmmmMcKAy View Post
              I debated with myself at Future Shop too, lol. Both me and another customer who was there, decided to go with the regular sets too(also to match our other sets).
              I think a lot of people must have decided the same- when I went there and there were at least thirty or so of the metal case version on the shelf, but the section next to it with the regular versions was almost empty- only about five left when I got mine and a lot of empty space.

The whole thing just seems rather silly, especially when they're offering something like that and you can't see inside the metal box to know what you're getting.

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42 View Post
                The whole thing just seems rather silly, especially when they're offering something like that and you can't see inside the metal box to know what you're getting.
                I picked up the metal one to look at thought "is there a whole season in here?" lol

as a side not, I hate it when the DVD's overlap each other like they do inside the metal case... HATE IT

Comment

Originally posted by BigR View Post
                  as a side not, I hate it when the DVD's overlap each other like they do inside the metal case... HATE IT
                  YES! Especially getting out that second disc; I'm always afraid I'm going to break something on my sets like that.

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post

Front covers
                    Spines

huh i've never seen that before .....cool case
                    https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
                      huh i've never seen that before .....cool case
                      Ditto.
                      Words to live by: "When in doubt, shoot at the guy yelling 'Kree!'."

Let's try this again: Spoiler-free 'til Season 4.5.

EJO on the blooper reel: "I hope you like it... or I'll SQUASH YOUR NUTS."

Spoiler:
                      sigpic

Comment

I got the slim pack ones. I didn't know there was a metal box packaging. Didn't notice any at Best Buy. Doesn't matter. I like the slim pack cases. I hate it when dvds overlap like that as well. That is one of the things I dislike about the LOST dvd sets. I would rather them in individual slim cases as I've already broken the center deal that holds in two of my season 3 discs so now they won't stay secured.
                        IMO always implied.

Comment

Originally posted by LoneStar1836 View Post
                          I got the slim pack ones. I didn't know there was a metal box packaging. Didn't notice any at Best Buy. Doesn't matter. I like the slim pack cases. I hate it when dvds overlap like that as well. That is one of the things I dislike about the LOST dvd sets. I would rather them in individual slim cases as I've already broken the center deal that holds in two of my season 3 discs so now they won't stay secured.
                          The metal box was a Future Shop exclusive. They always do that kind of sh-tuff

Comment

Working...
                          X