replicator controlled hive ship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

replicator controlled hive ship

say the replicators (MW ones) got there hands on a hive ships what do you think would happen.

Weapons, Hyperdrive, Maby shield there are hundreds of possible upgrades what do you guys think.

Continuing Stargate Virtual Fleet Link Below

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=63923

they already got better weapons, hyperdrives & shields from the asgard. they also feed solely on metal. so chances are they'd just pass their way, nothing to see there

Comment

Depends if they can adapt to the organic tech AOT SPOILER
      Spoiler:
      which I say they could as the gained control of marrick

Comment

Your probably right, the wraith arent advanced enough for them.

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy Tom View Post
          Your probably right, the wraith arent advanced enough for them.
          They went for the Goa'uld so I'm sure they'd take a look at the Wraith tech. Unless its incompatible.
          Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

i think they would install very powerful sheilds (maybe more power than ori sheild and 304 sheilds but not odyssey AOT sheilds)
            upgrade there weapons and build 1 of those big bugs than generate power. install transport beams. plus install a intergalactic hyperdrives.
            even if they could not convert the ship into blocks they could control it. they could store millons of blocks in the huge hive so it would be great for invadeing worlds. plus it would be wise to keep the hull cos its stronger than block.

Comment

I'm not sure they'd want it. It depends on how much consumable material it has. Since it's organic they obviously couldn't consume the whole thing like they could with other ships that they didn't want to use for combat/transport. It is 11km, however, so even a consumable skeleton would probably be comparable to other ships we've seen.

Originally posted by mickhhh View Post
              i think they would install very powerful sheilds (maybe more power than ori sheild and 304 sheilds but not odyssey AOT sheilds)
              upgrade there weapons and build 1 of those big bugs than generate power. install transport beams. plus install a intergalactic hyperdrives.
              even if they could not convert the ship into blocks they could control it. they could store millons of blocks in the huge hive so it would be great for invadeing worlds. plus it would be wise to keep the hull cos its stronger than block.
              I don't think they could add systems that aren't already present. It's one thing to adjust/upgrade the systems already there, but you're talking about installing new things throughout the ships, not just boosting power and making things more efficient.

Comment

I thought replicators, upgrade technology based upon the ship they capture, with there knowledge.

Comment

If they throw shields and hyperdrives on it they're going to have a lot of fun with a ship that big with so much empty internal space to build new repli gadgets in.

If it's not destroyed right away it could fast become more or less unassailable. They're basicaly going to take the best tech they have (upgraded versions of Asgard tech) and slap it onto something about ten times the size of an O'neill that's already going to have a very durable and regenerating hull underneath the inevitable super shields.

This isn't going to be fun for anyone running into it.

Comment

the repliactors used the goauld hatak beacuse there were loads of them to take over the milkyway

they could do the same to hives since they are the main ship in the pegasus
                    sigpic

Comment

Seriously if MW Reps uprgraded a Hive it'd be almost impossible to defeat, super shields and don't forget Wraith weapons fire is incredibly strong the weapons that they used in the Siege Part III against Atlantis' shield was amazing if they work like that against all shields the ship would be unstopable.
                      Last edited by Tekken Lord; 18 March 2008, 09:00 AM.

Comment

the replis would need massive amounts of material to upgrade hives. shields, more advanced hulls, more weapons, beaming tech, better hyperdrive, better powersource, etc etc etc. and the hives would definately be targeted.

Comment

Originally posted by Myles View Post
                          I don't think they could add systems that aren't already present. It's one thing to adjust/upgrade the systems already there, but you're talking about installing new things throughout the ships, not just boosting power and making things more efficient.
                          of course new systems can be installed and definitely on a hive cos there is lods of room on the ship to fit some thing like a shield generator or what ever else you might need

Comment

i would be most scared of the weapons they must be better the asgard pulse weapons and with the replicators juicing it up thats some amount of firepower. And with the replicators it would easily be able to reach MW in minutes.

Continuing Stargate Virtual Fleet Link Below

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=63923

Comment

If replicators take over a hive ship they upgrade not update. So no shields. Maybe faster hyper drives, definitely stronger weapons.

If they do take over a hive, they can probably make a new form of replicator. Like a mix of organic material and metal.
                              Visit my Website

Comment

Working...
                              X