Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Daniel Jackson/Sha're Discussion/Ship/Appreciation

Hey everyone!

Now I know I can't be the only one who loved Daniel and Sha're together.
    This is something we need to discuss. I'll throw out some questions for us to get started on.

1. Which Daniel and Sha're do you like better? The Movie or the TV show? Why?

2. What was their life like on Abydos during that year?

3. If Sha're hadn't been taken by Apophis would Daniel have left Abydos?

4. Will Daniel ever forgive himself for what happened to Sha're?

5. Did finding Shifu help Daniel to find closure after Sha're's death or just open up old wounds?

C'mon, this is one essay test you know you want to take.

Lisa Michelle

Ok, I'd be happy to start this off, because this is the best romantic ship in the whole show.

I prefer the show Daniel and Sha're. I'd love to see the scenes from the movie performed by the MS and VB. I just saw much more chemistry between them than in the movie.

I don't know if I can say it here, since it's a PG forum. I'm guessing they were working on a family and she helped in during his research of Abydos.

I doubt Daniel would have left. But that's why she was taken, so we could have a show and cry with Daniel when she died.

I don't know if he will ever forgive himself, but I do think he has come to terms with what happened.

5. Did finding Shifu help Daniel to find closure after Sha're's death or just open up old wounds?
    I think Shifu and the episode 'Forever in a Day' helped Daniel come to terms of her death.

Another thought, in all the other relationships he has had, I don't think there was the passion like in his and Sha're relationship. Even his relationship with Sarah the first time around (pre-Stargate).That's why I think this relationship was so special.
    No snurching any Pictures I post!! (without my permission)

sigpic

Comment

Well, if Sha're had lived, I could have been a shipper, so I'll try to answer some of the questions.

TV. because they're the ones I met first.

After awhile, I think he might have wanted to take her and show her other places. But, he wouldn't have left without her.

Oh, I think he has. He'll always love her, always miss her, but I think since his Ascension and back, he's found peace with himself.
      I'm a girl! A girly girly girl!

Okay, you got me. I can't accept change. This message may look like it was typed on a computer and posted on the internet, but it is actually cave drawings delivered by smoke signals.

Naquada Enhanced Chastity Belts -SG1 edition. On sale now! Heck, I'll give them away

Daniel Jackson Appreciation and Discussion -because he's more than pretty

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=89

Daniel Jackson: The Beacon of Hope and The Man Who Opened the Stargate

Comment

Originally posted by LMichelle
        I think I've got more invested in the show Daniel and Sha're just because I've got 8 years of this Daniel, but I love the movie ones too because that's where they fell in love.

It looked like they were pretty darn happy.

I think that Jack wouldn't have given him a choice. But I think he would have taken Sha're with him and they would have gone back for visits.

Knowing the Daniel character I think a small part of him will always blame himself but I don't think that it keeps him up at night anymore. I think he's at the stage where he can remember the good times.

I think it helped him to find some closure. It was the last thing that Sha're asked of him before she died and he did it. Plus Shifu helped him to relieve himself of some of his anger and need for revenge.

It was, is, and always will be GREEN

Comment

Originally posted by Dani347
          Oh, I think he has. He'll always love her, always miss her, but I think since his Ascension and back, he's found peace with himself.
          I agree, his Ascension gave him some peace in the matter as well.

Some other thoughts,

I think that Sha're helped Daniel in many ways. Before they met, he seemed to be a bit of a 'social outcast'. He found personal acceptance through her. She helped he realize he was a person of worth that can make a difference. Her innocence helped him forget about the cynical world and look at the 'little things' and realize they are important.

sigpic

Comment

[QUOTE=LMichelle]1. Which Daniel and Sha're do you like better? The Movie or the TV show? Why?[QUOTE]

I prefer the TV Daniel and Sha're, but I'd prefer TV Daniel and Movie Sha're (or is it Shau'ri in the film??)

Probably completely crazy - especially with Kasif and Skaara around!

He would have left, but would always return home.

No, but I think he'll realise what a good healer time is.

It probably opened those wounds again, when he first realised who Shifu was. When he began to see similarities between them (he would have), it probably did help him get some closure for that chapter of his life.
            sigpic
            Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Thanks for all the imput. Those answers were all great.

Well, we only have three real Daniel/Sha're eps to discuss: COTG, Secrets, and Forever In A Day.

Secrets is one of my favorites, despite the fact that you need a box of Kleenex on stand by. Despite Daniel's reassurances, I feel Sha're couldn't forgive herself for what happened to her. She felt Daniel no longer loved her since she became host to Ammonet. One of the most powerful lines in that ep is "God, there is nothing to forgive." Yet Sha're still couldn't say I love to Daniel.

During the birth of her child, she was afraid for the child to come because Ammonet would reemerge and she would "lose" Daniel. He reassured her their love could not be lost, despite what happened to her, yet her last words to him were forgive me.

Lisa Michelle *goes to find a tissue*

Comment

but even though we only have 3 eps to discuss, Daniel/Sha're is the only canon ship on the show! (...no matter what the Sam/Jack shippers say )

Comment

I must admit I prefer the Janet/Daniel ship to Sha're/Daniel but that's probably because we see a lot more Janet than Sha're

But I thought Sha're was really cool for a bit of a traditional woman (I don't know how to put it any other way). How she bit the guy in the pilot

I really liked the chemistry in the pilot episode and "Secrets" was really sweet

I like Sha're better than Shau'ri Though in the movie they had some cute chemistry going But I really think the TV version came out somewhat better.
                  May our transmatter beams cross again...

Proud Member of the Chevron Guy Club

"Out of that sea of stars came all the elements that make me what I am. "

Comment

I also wish we saw Sha're picture's on Daniel's desk more. It is usually only in the show when it's used as a plot device (i. e. Meridian, Fallen).

I was told it was in Urgo, not exactly sure which scene, though. In Upgrades, you can seen it off to the side when Daniel's working and Jack comes in and reads one of his books really fast.

Has anyone seen it in any other eps? If so, which ones?

Lisa Michelle

Comment

*gets out defibrillator paddles to revive this thread*

Okay, so there aren't many of us Daniel/Sha're OTPers out there. But there should be.

I saw the part in Urgo tonight when Daniel is working at his desk and he's got Sha're's picture right in front of him. Yay! Of course, one could also argue that he doesn't have it out when he's working 'cause he would be too distracted. Right?

Well, Forever In A Day aired last week. I taped it. I've seen in about 7 or 8 times by now. Yep, I know I'm a masochist. It's so heartbreaking, especially the funeral scene. Or the way Daniel looks when they take the sheet off of her body. The way he says "but you're here" to her in bed. *reaches for tissue*

I think the episdoe wrapped up their story pretty well. I'm glad she said I love you to him before she died. It gave Daniel the closure he needed as well as a new journey to embark on.

Comment

I agree, it brought a good closure to the story. But I still don't like the ending of thier story. But then again, if she lived, then there wouldn't be any more Daniel. He would have gone back to live on Abydos with Sha're.

One thing though with those pictures. When were they taken? I don't remember him having a camera with him. Beside, he knew they could never be developed on Abydos. And then Sha're was taken before he would have had a chance to take any of her. Help me figure this out..

sigpic

Comment

I must admit, this is probably the only ship I don't despise; probably because it was so well done in the movie - that actress and actor from the movie played it so charmingly. It nicely complemented the science fiction and was MUCH better done that the Sam/Jack Sam/Pete Sam/Every-alien-marked-for-death

*sigh* where are all the traditional women nowadays. I want a sexy asian eyed beauty just like Shau're. sincerely. screw feminism. I'd even tolerate the return of chivalry for it.

If you're an asian eyed beauty reading this puh-lease write me. I'll even suffer the slings and arrows of disgruntled and vengeful red dingers and open up private messaging for you

anyway, does anyone know why they didn't continue to develop shau're. the actresses in both the show and movie were talented and beautiful and it seemed incredibly stupid to just kill her off. think of the storylines they wasted. also what are both actresses doing recently

Comment

Fellow D&S shippers... Just thought I would let you know about a website I ran across: http://www.geocities.com/daniel_and_shauri/

sigpic

Comment

Thanks, DJFavorite! I love Eternal Night.

If you Google Daniel and Sha're, you get over five thousand hits. Unfortunately, most of them are broken links. However, what do we expect with only three epsiodes with them.

Comment

Working...
                              X