This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is anyone else upset?

I was hoping to get some more Repli-Wier action in S4 and it just never came? Like what gives? Talk about a character that could be good or bad, we still know very little about other then our own assumptions.

She could have been HUGE in this - we can see now a few more things, either she is unconserned with the Atlantis team, or she doesnt care. She could have gotten Teyla back for us.. I think.

Anyway who wants Wier back?!

We know shes still out there in replicator form. Also lets not forget in Mortal coil the other team members were just shot - did they not repair themselves? There replicators ffs, I think there is a big chunk of story line that just needs to explode here soon.

well they said she would only be in about 4 eps so Adrift, Life line, TMC, BAMSR. Nothing planned with her in season 5 though (as far as i know)
    Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

Originally posted by BulletxxProof89 View Post
      I was hoping to get some more Repli-Wier action in S4 and it just never came? Like what gives? Talk about a character that could be good or bad, we still know very little about other then our own assumptions.

She could have been HUGE in this - we can see now a few more things, either she is unconserned with the Atlantis team, or she doesnt care. She could have gotten Teyla back for us.. I think.

We know shes still out there in replicator form. Also lets not forget in Mortal coil the other team members were just shot - did they not repair themselves? There replicators ffs, I think there is a big chunk of story line that just needs to explode here soon.
      I've never really liked Weir, but I really liked the idea of RepliWeir. I think it would have been cool to see her go bad but act more human, unlike RepliCarter who was just baaaad.

Hopefully we'll get some questions answered to that in Season 5.

Who knows about the rest of the Replicator team. Personally, I hope they didn't survive. They were good and, IMHO, not as interesting as RepliWeir has/had the potential to be.

Comment

[mod snip] we'll be lucky to see weir ever again.
        Last edited by Madeleine; 11 March 2008, 12:14 AM.
        Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

As far as I'm concerned, in an ideal world they would never have dumped Torri. I can't for the life of me figure out why they would see her as a weak link. Ditto for Beckett.

Torri said at a convention that she wasn't asked to be involved in the final ep of S4. She was only asked to do four episodes. They offered her one episode which "may lead to more" in season five, and she turned it down. As disappointing as it is that she won't be back (And JM being JM and obviously not caring for this character at all, he'll probably kill her off off-screen) I understand her decision 100 percent.

She shouldn't put her career on hold for a guarantee of just one episode. If they'd offered her five, as they did with Paul McGillion, maybe she'd be more inclined, but they only offered her a guarantee of one.

In Australia, we have season three on air late on Thursday nights. It's depressing seeing how well the cast works, seeing Torri and Paul in the opening credits, and knowing that all went to hell in season 4 (In my opinion)

I've seen about half of season 4, having been in the US last year, but half the eps, I just gave up on halfway through. I thought Carter would be the one who turned me off the show. How wrong was I -- I can't take Keller, and I won't watch while that God-awful character is on the show. As wonderful as Jewel is, Keller's a hideous character.

Comment

Originally posted by alyssa View Post
            As far as I'm concerned, in an ideal world they would never have dumped Torri. I can't for the life of me figure out why they would see her as a weak link. Ditto for Beckett.

Torri said at a convention that she wasn't asked to be involved in the final ep of S4. She was only asked to do four episodes. They offered her one episode which "may lead to more" in season five, and she turned it down. As disappointing as it is that she won't be back (And JM being JM and obviously not caring for this character at all, he'll probably kill her off off-screen) I understand her decision 100 percent.

She shouldn't put her career on hold for a guarantee of just one episode. If they'd offered her five, as they did with Paul McGillion, maybe she'd be more inclined, but they only offered her a guarantee of one.

In Australia, we have season three on air late on Thursday nights. It's depressing seeing how well the cast works, seeing Torri and Paul in the opening credits, and knowing that all went to hell in season 4 (In my opinion)

I've seen about half of season 4, having been in the US last year, but half the eps, I just gave up on halfway through. I thought Carter would be the one who turned me off the show. How wrong was I -- I can't take Keller, and I won't watch while that God-awful character is on the show. As wonderful as Jewel is, Keller's a hideous character.
            I do like Carter and I don't mind Keller. I actually don't mind weir not being in the show. But they really shouldn't have done that to Torri. I wonder what the other cast members reactions are to it? I wouldn't be surprised if they had some words to say about it.
            Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Hi Folks

Since we have absolutely NO insight as to what was actually said behind closed doors at the Bridge Studios, we will not speculate about the PERSONAL reasons for why an actress and TPTB have decided to part ways. Regardless of what has been said in interviews and such we still do not have the full story so anything said here is still purely conjecture. AND it is OFF topic for this thread.

So For the the folks that would like to discuss the fact that the character of Weir was one they liked or would have liked to have seen continued in the storyline last seen ....let's allow the TOPIC of discussion to continue and cease the personal life chat of the actress and TPTB.

Thank You
              TameFarrar
              GateWorld Moderator
              Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

I agree with someone above, who said they didn't care for Weir or miss her, but had interest in the Repli-Weir angle. That could have been neat if done right. But, oh well.
                Theoretically spoilerish:
                Spoiler:
                Sig courtesy of Pandora.

Comment

I felt Weir going was a positive development for the series, always found her annoying. On one level I'd like to see RepliWeir again because there's potential for interesting storylines there but on another I think she'd just annoy me too

Comment

torri was only signed to be in 4 eps thsi year and she has declined to be in season 5
                    https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

we have a thriving 'bring back weir' thread in fandom, so i'm going to close this one and invite people to take teh convo there or to various other pro-weir threads
                      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      X