This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3D Modeling Programme

I see alot people on this site make ships using 3D modeling programmes. What good ones are there to get so i could start to learn how to use?

In my opinion the best application for 3D modelling is 3D Studio Max, but that's like $3000 if you want to actually buy it.

"We're grown-ups now and it's our turn to decide what that means." - xkcd
    The Church of Mappothism | My YouTube Videos (mostly Farscape music videos)

Starburst 1.1 1.2 1.3 | 2.1 2.2 2.3 | 3.1 3.2 3.3 | 4.1 4.2 4.3

Comment

Google Sketchup is easy to use, and it's free.
      http://sketchup.google.com/download.html
      sigpic

Comment

Any tutorials for making stargate stuff PM me if you have a anwser
        Spoiler:
        Originally posted by daredevil-k's signature using the quote
        god damn daniel what you done this time!!nice gunahh crap it's an alien.... oh wait it's just jonasyeah it's sam to save our buttsahh crap light sabers!!!she's drunk but how....?hahahaha weaklinghe's way to happyshe's very angry... run!!!ahh what... oh it's just a replicator.. crap!!this is obviously creepyrun like the butt-head you are!!creepycool and smooth hammondmckay you just blew up half a solar systemten hut don't get in teal'cs way to many guns sam's got a gou'aldmckay's always like this

Comment

If you know how to program, you could use OpenGL. It's flexible but it's hard to work with. I've seen someone use it to model ships, but that takes a lot of work.
          sigpic

Comment

I seriously want to make a stargate thing, like a ship.... yeah!!! a ship, the daedalus now any tutorials or programs pm me if you have a answer.
            Spoiler:
            Originally posted by daredevil-k's signature using the quote
            god damn daniel what you done this time!!nice gunahh crap it's an alien.... oh wait it's just jonasyeah it's sam to save our buttsahh crap light sabers!!!she's drunk but how....?hahahaha weaklinghe's way to happyshe's very angry... run!!!ahh what... oh it's just a replicator.. crap!!this is obviously creepyrun like the butt-head you are!!creepycool and smooth hammondmckay you just blew up half a solar systemten hut don't get in teal'cs way to many guns sam's got a gou'aldmckay's always like this

Comment

it dosnt realy work like that your better just trying stuff start small like a rail gun turret then build up (and if you start with relavent parts you can use them on bigger ships)

if your desprate for tutorials use google and search for some

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWmw1u2to5M

Currently recruiting new staff

Comment

Working...
              X