This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Drewbert
    You SHOULD re-insert your brain, your not making sense.
    Gah! That was rather my point. I wasn't making sense. Because I cannot find a way to make sense of your comment that MS 'couldn't get any jobs', or that TPTB took back someone who 'crawled back' despite being a 'lousy actor'.

The first of those assertions is patently untrue. It verges on slander. (GW has a good relationship with the folk who make Stargate, in part because we Moderate anyone who slanders them, or at least - as in this thread - set the record straight.)

The second of your assertions certainly crosses the respect real people rule that GW has. Although you're perfectly entitled to criticise MS's acting skills you have nothing to back up the idea that he (or anyone else) 'crawled'. Furthermore it's incredibly insulting to TPTB to suggest that they are idiot enough to hire an actor for reasons as unprofessional as that said not-very-good actor did a bit of begging.

I foolishly tried to be humourous when trying to point all this out to you the first time. Obviously I failed. Hence the need, here in this post, to spell it all out.

Do not make stuff up. Do not present speculation (especially unkind speculation) as fact. Thank you.

Madeleine W
    GateWorld Moderator

Madeleine

Comment

Since Shipperahoy and Skydiver between them have posted the only available *facts* and since this thread has the potential to turn into a trainwreck, I'm closing it. If anyone wants it opened up for further (sane) discussion, PM me in a day or two when things are calmer and I'll open it or start a new thread, whatever the other mods feel is sensible.

Madeleine

Comment

so at the end of S5 MS said he wanted to leave which is why Jonas joined SG-1 in S6. but now that I think about it, wasnt MS in quite a few episodes in S6 anyway?
        i mean, there are episodes like Abyss, Changling, Full Circle where Daniel makes an appearance, then there are episodes like Descent, Prometheus, Unnatural Selection where Thor makes an appearance

so does that mean that even though MS left in S5, he actually came back for almost half of the S6 season anyway?
        - Simon

"Life. Its far more important than what you do for a living" - RDA

"It's crazy cool!" - AT

My Site: www.Glass-Prison.com

(Update: GABIT AT2 Convention report uploaded)

Comment

Originally posted by Nem2k
          so at the end of S5 MS said he wanted to leave which is why Jonas joined SG-1 in S6. but now that I think about it, wasnt MS in quite a few episodes in S6 anyway?
          i mean, there are episodes like Abyss, Changling, Full Circle where Daniel makes an appearance, then there are episodes like Descent, Prometheus, Unnatural Selection where Thor makes an appearance

so does that mean that even though MS left in S5, he actually came back for almost half of the S6 season anyway?
          He probably did the voices for Thor (in Descent, Prometheus, Unnatural Selection, and Disclosure) while he was doing his appearances for Abyss, Changling, and Full Circle
          sigpic

Comment

The actor left the show, but was written out in such a way as to permit guest appearances, which is what abyss, full circle, changeling were
            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

As you may notice from seasons 7-onward, apparently he just couldn't stay away.

I mean, if you were on SG-1, would you be able to resist coming back, even if your character was off the show for the season?

Lt. Colonel Jason Richardson/Major Jen Stevens Shipper
              Lt. Colonel Jim Anderson/Major Kate Howard Shipper

"Tir gan teanga, tir gan anam." -Gaelic Proverb
              (A country without a language, a country without a soul.)

~RockinHobbit (MySpace)

Comment

Originally posted by RockinHobbit
                I mean, if you were on SG-1, would you be able to resist coming back, even if your character was off the show for the season?
                If I didn't want to be there, then, yeah, I would be able to resist rather easily. Look at RDA in Season 8, for example.

Comment

I'm just glad MS decided he wanted back in. Nothing against Jonas, but you just can't fill Daniel Jackson's shoes.
                  sigpic
                  MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                  "...phu...ah..."
                  "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                  Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I don't understand why Micheal Shanks even bothered leavin hte show for season 6. He is in a lot of episodes in the season, if not as Daniel, as thor.

also, why did he leave the show anyway?

Anyone who gives me green is sexy, wanna be sexy? Give me Green! Woopie!

CLICK THE PIC!

Comment

Maybe he wanted to take a year easy or something.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by captain jake
                        Maybe he wanted to take a year easy or something.
                        I cant remember all the details, but the writers probably needed him to acend to help with the future stories and seasons. This may also have been about the time he got married, or had his first child, so that may have had something to do with it as well.
                        Science Fiction is an existential metaphor; it allows us to tell stories about the human condition.

Isaac Asimov once said individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence has become crucial to our salvation if we are to be saved at all.

[/QUOTE]

SENFORUMS.com

Comment

Ya I don't see the problem with him leaving for a year.
                          sigpic

Comment

Actually, it was Michael who wanted to leave. His contract was up and he wanted to try other things. So the writers wrote him out. Then the fans revolted and demanded him back. So, the PTB offered him more money and he came back. At least, that is the version I read in the media.
                            Visit me on http://wormholeriders.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Arctic Goddess
                              Actually, it was Michael who wanted to leave. His contract was up and he wanted to try other things. So the writers wrote him out. Then the fans revolted and demanded him back. So, the PTB offered him more money and he came back. At least, that is the version I read in the media.
                              Well I assume everybody assumed that.
                              sigpic

Comment

Does anyone know what brought about Michael Shank not being in the cast of SG1 during Season 6? was he holding out for money? sick? try his hand at other ventures?

just curious

Comment

Working...
                                X