The Last Man or Red Dwarf??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Last Man or Red Dwarf??

As a Sci Fi fan i couldn't help but notice, Shepherd the last man alive? Rodney the Hologram? has the human race survived? the wirtes have ripped off Red Dwarf!!!! which to my way of thinking makes 0 new ideas in season 4.

( for those who don't know Red Dwarf is a sci fi comedy series made in the UK).

I love Red Dwarf! A lot of shows have 'taken ideas' from Red Dwarf and 'made it their own'.

I think it's hard not to be influenced since that show was unique and hilarious!
    sigpicFreebie pics/gifs by sweetsamurai: photobucket.com (username: sweetsamurai - password: stargate200)

Comment

Originally posted by Buck32 View Post
      As a Sci Fi fan i couldn't help but notice, Shepherd the last man alive? Rodney the Hologram? has the human race survived? the wirtes have ripped off Red Dwarf!!!! which to my way of thinking makes 0 new ideas in season 4.

Woah, didnt think of that!

Love Red Dwarf. The first fandom never leaves
      The Geek shall inherit the earth

Proud Sparky Supporter
      Keeping the Heart and Soul of Atlantis Alive
      "They can take our Elizabeth, but they can ne'er take our SPARKY!"

Comment

Hmmm, and from whom did "Red Dwarf" rip off the idea?

Comment

What is this fictional place called the UK that you speak of?

Comment

Originally posted by jyh View Post
            Hmmm, and from whom did "Red Dwarf" rip off the idea?
            Who? I'm curious.
            sigpicFreebie pics/gifs by sweetsamurai: photobucket.com (username: sweetsamurai - password: stargate200)

Comment

I actually did think of red dwarf when watching the episode.

Comment

hahaha, ah man. I'm glad i wasnt alone in thinking of red dwarf when McKay said that.

"You're the last man alive John"
                "What about tayla?"
                "Shes dead."
                "What about ronan?"
                "He's dead, they're all dead."
                "Not Carter?"
                "Gordon bennet, they're dead john, john they're dead, they are dead."
                "Are you trying to tell me everyones dead?"

Couldnt resist

Comment

Originally posted by farcue View Post
                  hahaha, ah man. I'm glad i wasnt alone in thinking of red dwarf when McKay said that.

"You're the last man alive John"
                  "What about tayla?"
                  "Shes dead."
                  "What about ronan?"
                  "He's dead, they're all dead."
                  "Not Carter?"
                  "Gordon bennet, they're dead john, john they're dead, they are dead."
                  "Are you trying to tell me everyones dead?"

Couldnt resist
                  ... I never should've let him out in the first place.

And we all know that McKay's IQ almost certainly exceeds that of 6000 PE teachers
                  sigpic
                  http://www.nerdtests.com/ft_space.php

Comment

Just a random question?

I know red dwarf is famous for its lack of contiunity but did anyone notice rimmers dad dies. TWICE.

In one episode rimmer says his dad killed himself and in another he says he gets a letter saying he passed away in his jeep. hehe, sleep.

Still, as far as continuity goes that seems a bit BEYOND careless >.<

Comment

Originally posted by farcue View Post
                      Just a random question?

I know red dwarf is famous for its lack of contiunity but did anyone notice rimmers dad dies. TWICE.

In one episode rimmer says his dad killed himself and in another he says he gets a letter saying he passed away in his jeep. hehe, sleep.

Still, as far as continuity goes that seems a bit BEYOND careless >.<
                      So? Lister had his appendex out twice. Continuity, or lack thereof, is part of the humour with that show.
                      sigpic
                      http://www.nerdtests.com/ft_space.php

Comment

Well, the appendix thing had an explanation: Lister was such a waste of a human being that he was born with 2 of those useless things.

Comment

i am from the UK and grow up watching red dwarf loved it and now i love star gate and yes i did see a lot of red in the last man. cool to see other people see it too and that people still remember red it has bin a long time sins that was on TV

Comment

I think one of the purposes of Red Dwarf is its lack of continuity and if you want to talk about playing with Timelines they go back and forth in time so much in RD its a wonder anything exists.

I see the Last Man as more like an homage to RD rather then a complete rip-off, now if they had an evolved CatPerson and toaster that talked...err well then, why would Sheppard even want to go back to wraith tormented reality?

Despite the crappy segway building collapsing ending the whole Shep in the future part was really quite good.
                            Ori Schmori, a Wraith eating chicken...now that's something worth watching!

Comment

Originally posted by Buck32 View Post

I didn't see the Cat scooting down the halls of Atlantis, nor did I see Holly on the screens, so I don't think it was a rip off of RD.

Red Dwarf = many hours of happiness

"I aim to misbehave." - Capt. Mal Reynolds

"Alien locale is no excuse for lack of pineapples." - DP

WALLACE: And if I don't?
                              O'NEILL: We'll beam you up to our spaceship.

Comment

Working...
                              X