Human race after 50000 years.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Human race after 50000 years.

It was such a pity that John couldn't get to an Earth. I wonder what the human race would look like after 50000 years of development (as a matter of fact, if it still existed).
    People created religious intentions
    only to feel superior and to have a licence to kill.

If the human race still existed it would have been almost unrecognisable to the human race of today. The stargate programe would have probably gone public for starters.
    sigpic

Comment

I say we end up like the Asgards. The entire Pegasus campaign was a mistake. At least the Asgards didn't leave humans totally at the mercy of the Goauld. They had a protected planets treaty. They could deal with the Goauld cause they had to contend with replicators.
      Stargate Revival Please!

Comment

Psh no. We would've already died from our own causes
        1)GLOBAL WARMING
        2)NUCLEAR WARs

only reason the asgard, ancients survived that long is because they're actualy SMART in inventing something that doesn't freakin mess up our environment

Comment

The human race is 200,000 years old, 50k isnt much time relatively speaking. The previous form of man, homo erectus died out what... 1 million years ago give or take. And their first fossils show up 3 million years ago.

Civilization wise Sheppard travelled a long way, species wise he covered only a drop in the ocean, a fraction of our species likely history.

Comment

Originally posted by kymeric View Post
            The human race is 200,000 years old, 50k isnt much time relatively speaking. The previous form of man, homo erectus died out what... 1 million years ago give or take. And their first fossils show up 3 million years ago.

Civilization wise Sheppard travelled a long way, species wise he covered only a drop in the ocean, a fraction of our species likely history.
            Yeah because the human race before weren't "smart" enough to invent burning of fossil fuels to induce carbon monoxide, chlorofluorocarbons and other harmful chemicals into the atmosphere, kill our o-zone layer, and don't have a clue how to reverse it. 50,000 years isn't much if we had nuclear fusion

Comment

Originally posted by Dr.Mckay View Post
              Yeah because the human race before weren't "smart" enough to invent burning of fossil fuels to induce carbon monoxide, chlorofluorocarbons and other harmful chemicals into the atmosphere, kill our o-zone layer, and don't have a clue how to reverse it. 50,000 years isn't much if we had nuclear fusion
              I love the notion that hippies try to force on everyone that we are all going to die because of our technology.

Antartica used to have rainforests on it at its present polar location for gods sake. This planet can get a heck of alot hotter than it is. So what if our fossil fuels speed it up or add 2-3 degrees over a hundred years. People need to stop looking for a cause to make themselves feel important and focus on their own lives.

Seriously, we are all going to die eventually anyways. The natural progression of the planet is going to make the atmosphere unbreathable to us eventually. The sun is going to get bigger and hotter and kill us all. The ocean life are going to change and ruin the global food chain. We. are. all. gonna. die. Being snooty and pretending that youre better than people driving suv's because u bought a hybrid car is absurd. Any effect these hippies are having on the enviroment is negligable to the entire history of the earth.

And frankly i run 2 airconditoners, drive a gas guzzler and throw my mcdonalds wrappers out the car window to spite the tree huggers. No one makes a difference on a scale this big in history, thinking any of us matters is naieve.

Comment

Id be very surprised if Humans were living on earth in 50,000 years. There are just so many ways that every human could be killed. The earths current rate of growth is unsustainable. Every country needs to cull 25% of its population

Comment

I love the notion that hippies try to force on everyone that we are all going to die because of our technology.
                  we're not going to die because of technology, we're going to die because of depleting resources.
                  and other species are certainly already dying because of our technology.

Comment

I really wanted to see the human race. Or sheppard arriving in atlantis when it was still controlled by humans in the future.

Comment

I don't think humans of the stargate universe would of died off, unless they were wiped out by a plague or an enemy. If Earth died what difference would it make in the stargate universe? There are thousands of other habitable worlds out there humans can relocate to. We wouldn't die because of lack of resources, since we'd likely have something close to if not surpassing ZPM's 50,000 years in the future. I think Earth would be a thriving civilisations, spread across a few galaxies, having a huge empire and basically being the police of the universe. I think the reason Atlantis was abandoned is well after progression from meeting various other races in the universe, advancing on our own, using asgard and ancient tech, Atlantis simply became obsolete, they didn't need it anymore.

I personally think the episode would've been 100 times better if they showed the future humans or future earth instead of skipping on it to get sheppard home quickly.

Comment

Antartica used to have rainforests on it at its present polar location for gods sake. This planet can get a heck of alot hotter than it is. So what if our fossil fuels speed it up or add 2-3 degrees over a hundred years. People need to stop looking for a cause to make themselves feel important and focus on their own lives.

Seriously, we are all going to die eventually anyways. The natural progression of the planet is going to make the atmosphere unbreathable to us eventually. The sun is going to get bigger and hotter and kill us all. The ocean life are going to change and ruin the global food chain. We. are. all. gonna. die. Being snooty and pretending that youre better than people driving suv's because u bought a hybrid car is absurd. Any effect these hippies are having on the enviroment is negligable to the entire history of the earth.

And frankly i run 2 airconditoners, drive a gas guzzler and throw my mcdonalds wrappers out the car window to spite the tree huggers. No one makes a difference on a scale this big in history, thinking any of us matters is naieve.
                        Actually, the Earths temperature increases 1-2 degrees per year. Antarctica had rain forrests before because it was a part of Pangaea, the super continent, which means all the land pieces were connected together, and it was near the equator. When Pangaea started to break off, The continents began to move away from the Equator, which means it started to cool off, therefore, the rain forrests died, and Antarctica started to cool. Yes, we are all going to die sometime in the next 5 billion years because our Sun will turn into a red giant, therefore burn us to death, but atleast that's better than dying because of our own faults.
                        You're naive to think that what you do does nothing to harm the environment. Think of it this way, there is 7 billion people in the world, say the 30% of the world throw their wrappers outside because they're just too damn bored, and want to be a retard. 30% would mean 2 bilion people throwing their wrappers outside, 2 billion wrappers in the streets, I think that's noticable. It just saddens me to think that there are still people like you around.

Comment

Or we could go the way of ancients, spread to this galaxy and beyond, ascend to a higher plane of existence, left over tons of dangerous technology allover for another evolution of humans to find, the cycle continues...

In any case, it would be very hard to kill off human race as they're portrait by the end of SGA4 (unlike in the real world), they got all the advanced technology, a lot of planets to go to, basically unlimited resources. Global warming or the threat of global war is nothing once you get unlimited clean energy.

Comment

Originally posted by su27k View Post
                            Global warming or the threat of global war is nothing once you get unlimited clean energy.
                            on the contrary, unlimited energy would collapse the economy and lead to war.

and what about all the other resources?
                            did you know before this century is over we're going to run out of metals like indium platinum tantalum gallium zinc and more
                            these things are used in all our technologies: computer chips, electronics, lcd screens, lasers, catalysts, fertilizers and many more.

when these things start to run out, you can bet there'll be wars

Comment

Originally posted by Heaven View Post
                              on the contrary, unlimited energy would collapse the economy and lead to war.

and what about all the other resources?
                              did you know before this century is over we're going to run out of metals like indium platinum tantalum gallium zinc and more
                              these things are used in all our technologies: computer chips, electronics, lcd screens, lasers, catalysts, fertilizers and many more.

when these things start to run out, you can bet there'll be wars
                              There will always be war its Human nature unfortunatly.
                              A word of advice... there are creatures that live between this dimension and the next, fiendish creatures that feast on the suffering of an entire world to satiate their eternal hunger. Support the Gateworld Cantina or suffer the fate of all who fall into the clutches of the 'Eladrith Ynneas'

Comment

Working...
                              X