This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Favorite character

I thought I'd make another thread for the favorites. Mine would have to be Saul Tigh, such an interesting character, classic "Honorable" soldier, yet they had to make him a Cylon, they just had to. He was so cool in the first few episodes then they threw him aside starting at season 2. Admiral Cain was my other favorite. Beautiful, intelligent, ruthless, cunning...she has to be my favorite female charcter. I also liked Jack Fisk and Barry Garner, two traditional military commanders, worthy of commanding Pegasus, yet they were killed off so Lee could get a ship, wow... Colonel Tigh was the next highest ranking officer at the time but they just promote Lee like its nothing, you have to earn your rank(he just got promoted to Major at the time!). Unrealistic at best. Just my thoughts.
    sigpic
    sig by Starlover1990

Roslin. Despite some of the.....morally questionable things she does, she is a really strong character and I've always been more drawn to the political scene in BSG so it's another connection I have with the character. Apart from her, I'd have to say probably number Six. Don't know why but she's a really interesting character, always another side of her you haven't seen yet.

Comment

My favorite character is Baltar..or Lee I can't decide. Lee is so honor driven and righteous, while Baltar is so smart and dirty. Two things very different and yet I love completely about them.

lol For a favorite non main character it would have to be Romo Lampkin

Comment

I definitely like Athena best of all.

Comment

William Adama and Laura Roslin equally. They're stoners.

I also have a thing for Cally. Mmmm

Comment

My favorite character is Kara thrace. to me this is one character that has been extremely well written. solid back story, very diverse, with some well done depth throughout the entire series so far.

As a female she is easy to identify as a *rebellious youth* trying to find one's way as an adult. A complete and utter screw up when trying to do what she thinks is the right thing but still wanting her cake and eat it too. The epitome of what human beings do every day, day in and day out. the difference? Kara Thrace is willing to look in the mirror and be honest with herself about herself.

As a versitile young woman, she can hold her own in the air, on the ground, in a fight, on the job and yet has no finesse in romance. Closer to truth than fiction for many young women. She is the quinessential woman. A mystery that doesn't understand why she is a mystery.

This is a fascinating character to me.
            Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar View Post
              My favorite character is Kara thrace. to me this is one character that has been extremely well written. solid back story, very diverse, with some well done depth throughout the entire series so far.

As a female she is easy to identify as a *rebellious youth* trying to find one's way as an adult. A complete and utter screw up when trying to do what she thinks is the right thing but still wanting her cake and eat it too. The epitome of what human beings do every day, day in and day out. the difference? Kara Thrace is willing to look in the mirror and be honest with herself about herself.

As a versitile young woman, she can hold her own in the air, on the ground, in a fight, on the job and yet has no finesse in romance. Closer to truth than fiction for many young women. She is the quinessential woman. A mystery that doesn't understand why she is a mystery.

This is a fascinating character to me.
              I agree wih you on all points, but it just annoys me that she seems to now everything. (Best Viper pilot, ok, and the then an elite Marine?). Her unpunished insubordination also gets to me, but I guess thats just part of her character.
              sigpic
              sig by Starlover1990

Comment

Originally posted by Colonel Crawford View Post
                I agree wih you on all points, but it just annoys me that she seems to now everything. (Best Viper pilot, ok, and the then an elite Marine?). Her unpunished insubordination also gets to me, but I guess thats just part of her character.
                I think the fact that she is such an elaborate failure in her personal life negates all that elitism..at least in the character's own mind and keeps her very down to earth and sometimes even below it if she has to describe herself.
                I think the Admiral has always looked at Kara Thrace as her own worst critic. and worst punisher. Nothing he can do will ever be worse than what she will do to herself. Also I am going to believe that the writers just don't put alot of the punitive tidbits on the screen, but the fact that her file was so thick as well as Tigh's original anomosity with her spoke volumes.

She is a complete pain in the Mitka (mixing my sci fi shows ) but you want her fighting for you not against you
                Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

I know this is like my favorite transformer is Optius Prime, but Bill Adama is far and the way the best
                  "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Champagne in one hand - strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOW - What a RIDE!"

Comment

Sharon,Athena,Boomer......Grace Park is such an incredible actress that is able to play two characters at once with such believability is worth of a Emmy.

Plus she is just gorgeous.
                    Actor:"A zombie has no will of his own. You see them sometimes, walking around blindly with dead eyes. Following orders." Not knowing what they do, not caring."Bob Hope :" You mean like Democrats?"http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWpU8...elated&search=Bob Hope in the movie ghostbreakers.

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar View Post
                      but you want her fighting for you not against you
                      Agreed. Shes also beautiful to boot.
                      sigpic
                      sig by Starlover1990

Comment

Helo is my absolute favorite of them all but I realy like Lee and Athena too. The Old man (Adama) is a great character as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Colonel Crawford View Post
                          I thought I'd make another thread for the favorites. Mine would have to be Saul Tigh, such an interesting character, classic "Honorable" soldier, yet they had to make him a Cylon, they just had to. He was so cool in the first few episodes then they threw him aside starting at season 2. Admiral Cain was my other favorite. Beautiful, intelligent, ruthless, cunning...she has to be my favorite female charcter. I also liked Jack Fisk and Barry Garner, two traditional military commanders, worthy of commanding Pegasus, yet they were killed off so Lee could get a ship, wow... Colonel Tigh was the next highest ranking officer at the time but they just promote Lee like its nothing, you have to earn your rank(he just got promoted to Major at the time!). Unrealistic at best. Just my thoughts.
                          Tigh's my favorite to and I agree about the suckiness of them making him a Cylon. He's a very complex character, sometimes you want to hate him for how stupid he's acting but at the same time pity him because he's being taken advantage of or just doesn't see what he's doing, then at other times he's just kicking massive ass and you just want to cheer for the guy. He's had such a ****ty life and yet he's still there, he's still standing and he's still badass even at 70. He's also an honourable and moral man who is at his core a good person, despite his superficial shortcomings and character flaws. I love the guy.

I liked Cain as well, but a lot more before Razor. Razor basically took the worst possible interpretations of everything Fisk accused her of doing and made them the canon truth. Before there was some room for doubt as her circumstances and actions were never shown but after it she comes off looking a lot worse. The "My Lesbian lover turned out to be a Cylon so now I'm nuts" thing was also a lot like her "Cylon Tigh" moment for me, only with a bit less "why'd they even do this" and a lot more "Jerry! Jerry! Jerry!". It was the revelation that she basically did just murder all those people in cold blood with really no especially mitigating circumstances that kind of sunk her for me though.

Admiral Adama is also another long time favorite of mine and even his *****y son is starting to grow on me after his truely inspired speach in Baltar's trial.

Six has always been an interesting character and though she's lost a lot of her initial creepiness she's still fun to watch.

I was also really starting to like Tyrol as well and of course they make him a Cylon to, drat.

I'm still hoping this whole "we're Cylons" thing is going to turn out to be some sot of elaborate trick/brainwashing left over from new Caprica.

Comment

6 is mine
                            sigpic

Comment

Lauraaaa, can't you give me some time,
                              I got to give myself one more chance. lalala.

Laura Roslin. No question about that followed by Bill, Athena and Tigh

and from the guest star rooster: Romo Lampkin
                              He's like fire, ice and rage. He's like the night, and the storm in the heart of the sun.
                              He's ancient and forever. He burns at the centre of time and he can see the turn of the universe.
                              And he's wonderful.

Comment

Working...
                              X