Mk. XII Naquadah Generator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mk. XII Naquadah Generator

so ya think the mk XII is the closest (or equivalent) to a ZPM?

Might be, HoloKay said it could theoretically power the shield

Comment

well it held up for 48000 years...

Comment

I doubt it is anywhere near a ZPM. They didn't go from no where near ZPM to near ZPM in 20-25 years.

Comment

Originally posted by Gatz View Post
          Might be, HoloKay said it could theoretically power the shield
          Yes but not while keeping up other systems for those maximum 1000 years while 1 ZPM lasted for ~3333 years keeping up shields and stasis pod. (Before i Sleep)
          Granted the Mk XII had already lasted 48.000 years, but who's to say that it was even active during that time? Could've been set to activate the moment the gate went active which means it's just been laying around dormant and not been used at all until Sheppard came trough.
          Daniel to Thor: Wait, you're actually saying you need someone dumber then you are?
          Jack: You may have come to the right place.

Comment

I actually found the idea of a Naquadah generator lasting that long to be a bit silly really. It would have been better if they said they had a ZPM powering it.
            Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
              I actually found the idea of a Naquadah generator lasting that long to be a bit silly really. It would have been better if they said they had a ZPM powering it.
              It seemed fairly clear that their withdrawal from Atlantis was controlled and planned, not an emergency effort.
              As no one seemingly had any faith in McKay's plan actually working, the silly thing would be if they left a ZPM in Atlantis purely on the off chance that his plan might work and the timeline could be changed.
              While it might be plausibly for the main SGA characters to do this, the IOA are nowhere near as long-sighted and would've just thought about the small picture. They never would've agreed to it!

Comment

the mark 12 did almost nothing during the 48000 years so it could last really long and the zpms were depleted after 3333 years because they had to hold back an ocean an hundreds of feet deep
                - Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings.
                - When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.
                - Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.
                - Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils ...

Comment

Originally posted by rens14 View Post
                  the mark 12 did almost nothing during the 48000 years so it could last really long and the zpms were depleted after 3333 years because they had to hold back an ocean an hundreds of feet deep
                  Yeah, the point i was trying to make was that the Mk XII are most likely far from ZPM in power since a ZPM could hold back the ocean for such a long time while the Mk XII wouldnt even be able to keep it up together with just a few other systems for a thousand years.
                  Daniel to Thor: Wait, you're actually saying you need someone dumber then you are?

Comment

Originally posted by MathiasE View Post
                    Yeah, the point i was trying to make was that the Mk XII are most likely far from ZPM in power since a ZPM could hold back the ocean for such a long time while the Mk XII wouldnt even be able to keep it up together with just a few other systems for a thousand years.

does naquadah even have a half-life?

Comment

It better not, or else the Stargates themselves would've vanished ages ago.

Comment

Originally posted by placid View Post
                        well it held up for 48000 years...
                        It wasn't constantly draining a large amount of energy, though. Rodney also probably set it on a timer to activate at a certain point in time. I mean, why have it constantly on drain if he knew John was sent roughly 48,000 years into the future? If not, it just laid dormant mostly powering nothing 'til the sensors picked up John arriving.
                        Last edited by FallenAngelII; 08 March 2008, 04:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
                          It better not, or else the Stargates themselves would've vanished ages ago.
                          It could have a half life, it'd just be extremely long. Some atoms have half lifes in the billions of years or more. Others higher in the periodic table are predicted to have half lifes in the billions of years if they have the right amount of neutrons.

Comment

If the shield was up this whole time wouldn't there still be partial bodies of water left around within the shields? Because we all know the shield is in the shape of a dome.

Comment

Originally posted by Pogo01 View Post
                              If the shield was up this whole time wouldn't there still be partial bodies of water left around within the shields? Because we all know the shield is in the shape of a dome.
                              As far as we know there wasnt any shield up though.

Comment

Working...
                              X