Older

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Older

Shouldn't Sheppard be older when he comes back. He spend around 700 years in stasis. When Weir was in stasis for 10 000 years, she got really, really old. Doesn't it make sence for John to have at least 5-6 years plus on him?
    sigpic

Originally posted by jasminaGo View Post
    Shouldn't Sheppard be older when he comes back. He spend around 700 years in stasis. When Weir was in stasis for 10 000 years, she got really, really old. Doesn't it make sence for John to have at least 5-6 years plus on him?
    I was thinking the same thing but my only guess is McKay improved the stasis machine to make Sheppard age at a considerably lower rate. Remember he did have alot of time to come up with this plan.

Comment

or Just a plot hole
      https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Yeap, he should.

I guess it's a continuity error the same way the matter stream should have been thrown back to the origin planet when the solar flare ocurred

Comment

Originally posted by Gatz View Post
          Yeap, he should.

I guess it's a continuity error the same way the matter stream should have been thrown back to the origin planet when the solar flare ocurred
          I'm guessing that depends on which sun the solar flare origniated at. As this flare occoured on the Atlantis systems sun he went to Atlantis, whilst in 1969 the flare occoured on Earths Sun so they returned to Earth
          A word of advice... there are creatures that live between this dimension and the next, fiendish creatures that feast on the suffering of an entire world to satiate their eternal hunger. Support the Gateworld Cantina or suffer the fate of all who fall into the clutches of the 'Eladrith Ynneas'

Comment

Yeap, he should.

Yeah, I noticed that too.
            sigpic

Comment

Okay. Considering when weir got out, she was about 70-80 years old.
              Since she was already 20-30
              It would make her age 50-60 years when in stasis for 10,000 years.
              10,000/50=200 Years
              So she ages by 1 year every 200.
              Sheppard was in there for 700 years.
              700/200=3.5 Years
              He aged 3 years, not alot considering hes only 20 years old.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr.Mckay View Post
                10,000/50=200 Years
                700/200=3.5 Years
                Sheppard only 20 years old mid thirty's by this point I'd say maybe 40
                A word of advice... there are creatures that live between this dimension and the next, fiendish creatures that feast on the suffering of an entire world to satiate their eternal hunger. Support the Gateworld Cantina or suffer the fate of all who fall into the clutches of the 'Eladrith Ynneas'

Comment

I agree with the fact that he would be just a few years older, but his hair should be longer

Comment

I agree with the fact that he would be just a few years older, but his hair should be longer
                    And his nails. Maybe he stopped at a salon on the way to Atlantis?
                    Most likely, they just improved the stasis pods.

Comment

For one thing, the stasis chamber we see in The Last Man looks very different from the one we saw in Before I Sleep.
                      Maybe this one don't make you any older.
                      I'm a 60%er | Sigs are made by me and othersThe Lorne Identity - A Lorne fanfiction collection community.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr.Mckay View Post
                        10,000/50=200 Years
                        700/200=3.5 Years
                        There is one problem with that theory. Sheppard is much older then 20. He was over 20 when he finished at the Academy. Not to mention that he was in the Gulf war. And it also takes time to get to the rank of Lt.Colonel. So he's more like 35-40 years old now.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by reddevil18 View Post
                          And his nails. Maybe he stopped at a salon on the way to Atlantis?
                          Most likely, they just improved the stasis pods.
                          I think they just forgot (or hope that we did) about that. Mistakes like this happen constantly.

I know a lot of people get angry when someone says something like this, but the writers and producers are human, I think that if they don't mention things, it's their mistake

Comment

I think if we're going to get down into the weeds about things like this (which is fun to do on here, as we know!), we should also note how McKay's hairline froze at around age 45.

Regarding the stasis, I got the impression that her chamber was ill-powered, but maybe I'm wrong.
                            Theoretically spoilerish:
                            Spoiler:
                            Sig courtesy of Pandora.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMcKayCan View Post
                              I think if we're going to get down into the weeds about things like this (which is fun to do on here, as we know!), we should also note how McKay's hairline froze at around age 45.
                              Ahhh they obviously found some Alien medicine which stimulates hair growth at some point .

Comment

Working...
                              X