The ending

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The ending

First let me say that this was an awesome ep for the most part, all the flashbacks of that happened in the alternate timeline were incredible, but I do have a bone to pick with the cliche ending. I mean seriously it seemed totally anti-climatic. It's very obvious that they would not kill off the entire team.

Sorry, I try not to rant about things on the show, however having that kind of ending on an ep that was that awesome was sort of a letdown.
    Last edited by Aurora24; 07 March 2008, 09:38 PM.
    sigpic

Find your Destiny

Originally posted by Aurora24 View Post
    First let me say that this was an awesome ep for the most part, all the flashbacks of that happened in the alternate timeline were incredible, but I do have a bone to pick with the cliche ending. I mean seriously it seemed totally anti-climatic. It's very obvious that everyone will live because they're all in next season.

Sorry, I try not to rant about things on the show, however having that kind of ending on an ep that was that awesome was sort of a letdown.
    how do we know Sheppard wasn't dreaming while being in status and the ending never really happen
    https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Ya know, a good portion of the Stargate fanbase doesn't come online and read spoilers. They don't know who is coming back for the next season and since they've seen the show kill off main characters before, it's not out of the realm of possibility. My parent's watch and if it wasn't for me sharing stuff about season 5, they wouldn't know any more than what they saw on tv.
      Verdammt durch das Fleisch.
      Gerettet durch das Blut.

Comment

Sorry, what I meant to say was that I doubted that they would actually kill off the whole team because no team=no show. Editing post now.
        sigpic

Find your Destiny

Comment

I can agree about the ending for the reason that it seemed abrupt. But I'm totally willing to forgive it just because the rest was so amazing.
          Theoretically spoilerish:
          Spoiler:
          Sig courtesy of Pandora.

Comment

The ending was abrupt and cliche which hurt the rest of the episode, IMO. Parts of it I really enjoyed, but the ending I didn't care for at all. I feel little anticipation for the season five opener.

I'm disappointed since this was a very promising episode. Not SGA's best, IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by cynatnite View Post
              The ending was abrupt and cliche which hurt the rest of the episode, IMO. Parts of it I really enjoyed, but the ending I didn't care for at all. I feel little anticipation for the season five opener.

I'm disappointed since this was a very promising episode. Not SGA's best, IMO.
              The ending was a bit abrupt yes, however it was better this way than if they had actually found Teyla and saved the day, by leaving her still missing Michael is still a threat for season 5 which he wouldnt have been had she been found.
              Daniel to Thor: Wait, you're actually saying you need someone dumber then you are?
              Jack: You may have come to the right place.

Comment

It was a pretty great episode until the end IMO, felt kind of meh to me Other than that, it was a awesome episode, Carter went out in style

Comment

Originally posted by MathiasE View Post
                  The ending was a bit abrupt yes, however it was better this way than if they had actually found Teyla and saved the day, by leaving her still missing Michael is still a threat for season 5 which he wouldnt have been had she been found.
                  It did nothing to move the story along. It would have been a good stand alone episode or even a midseason two parter, but a season finale...nope. It wasn't a great way to end a season.

I never expected a happy ending with this one at all. It was a promising episode, but the writers really dropped the ball on this one.

I would have preferred it end with John in stasis than what we got. Either way, there was no story progression at all and with this abrupt and cliched ending it made for a poor episode, IMO.

This comes from someone who think season four is the best one out of the bunch.

Comment

Originally posted by cynatnite View Post
                    It did nothing to move the story along. It would have been a good stand alone episode or even a midseason two parter, but a season finale...nope. It wasn't a great way to end a season.

I never expected a happy ending with this one at all. It was a promising episode, but the writers really dropped the ball on this one.

I would have preferred it end with John in stasis than what we got. Either way, there was no story progression at all and with this abrupt and cliched ending it made for a poor episode, IMO.

This comes from someone who think season four is the best one out of the bunch.
                    Yea i can agree that it would have been better to have it end with him still in stasis or whatever. While it could have been better it could also have been even worse.
                    All in all im happy with the episode even the the end left much to be desired.

And i totally agree about season 4, or well it's close to s1 at least!
                    Daniel to Thor: Wait, you're actually saying you need someone dumber then you are?
                    Jack: You may have come to the right place.

Comment

How can you say there was no story progression? They know what Michael's end-game is now and found out exactly where he was taking Teyla, then went there.
                      Theoretically spoilerish:
                      Spoiler:
                      Sig courtesy of Pandora.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMcKayCan View Post
                        How can you say there was no story progression? They know what Michael's end-game is now and found out exactly where he was taking Teyla, then went there.
                        We already knew basically what Michael was planning before tonight's episode. In Kindred he told Teyla he wanted to destroy the Wraith.

I guess a person can look at that tiny bit of Teyla's location and say it's a progression in the story, but is it one? In one timeline she was there. In another...she wasn't. We're not even sure Shep was in the correct timeline.

Very little information was given in this episode...hence no story progression.

Comment

1st my clock went out so i thought it was going to end with the freezing, then when i checked my fone i was shocked there was still 10 min left!

-it shoulda ended with shep emerging through the atlantis stargate and then Not showing us when he arrived or who was there etc. that woulda been more killer. this ending was meh. of course shep, rodney and ronan survied... now lorne? eeee i guess well have to see
                          ..not even moros/meirden/merlin nor the rest of the ancients, could find a cure... for male pattern baldness!

What?.. Its a ship that goes through the gate.

...Or it could mean a piece of our leg...

In the middle of my backswing!?

That function is not possible

However, I must admit that I am partial to the tater tots.

Comment

also what were they thinking storming into the base like that?
                            -it was reported that he was missing for 12 days, and teyla isnt due for 2 more months... now in the time line they found her dead very recently. why not do a stealthy mission with the daedlaus in orbit ready to beam them out? i mean did they really expect to get a 7 month pregnant women out of a heavily fortified base on foot? plus they coulda easily beamed out one the realized the sky was falling... and rodney not even checking for Any kinda of safety trap?.... weird, flawed ending that very much had the characters... well... out of character.... but hey 40/44 min totally rocked
                            Last edited by wiseowl777; 09 March 2008, 02:42 PM.
                            ..not even moros/meirden/merlin nor the rest of the ancients, could find a cure... for male pattern baldness!

What?.. Its a ship that goes through the gate.

...Or it could mean a piece of our leg...

In the middle of my backswing!?

That function is not possible

However, I must admit that I am partial to the tater tots.

Comment

12 months!!!, thats a long pregnancy

Comment

Working...
                              X