This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Snowman37 View Post
    To alleviate confusion, SG-1 has always portrayed history as alterable. The show has also portrayed a time traveler to the past as exempt from any changes to the future he came from. In 2008, there are two Ba'al's. The last clone is going to be extracted from his cloned host. The real Ba'al travels back in time to 1939. Presumably, he finds and kills his 1939 counterpart, taking his place. Fast forward to 2008. Quetesh kills Ba'al out of distrust. Mitchell escapes back in time to 1929, waiting ten years for Ba'al to show up. When Ba'al arrives from 2008, he's killed by Mitchell. Fast forward to 2008. The real Ba'al travels back in time to 1939 only to be killed by Mitchell. Meanwhile, the clone's extraction goes uninterrupted.

Make sense now?

Uuum yeah...

I still felt sorry for him after the extraction, clone or not. He still had all the same memories and such of 1000s of years of whatever he had done under the influence of the host.
    Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

I really need to watch this movie again soon. It has been too long.
      sigpic
      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
      "...phu...ah..."
      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
        I really need to watch this movie again soon. It has been too long.
        Same here....
        sigpic

Comment

I hope I can ask this here, because I hate to start a whole new thread for 1 lame question. But does anyone have the link to a youtube video that has the scene where they crew goes through the supergate, you see them in the wormhole and then you hear a big clinking sound and SG-1 is goners? It was a joke scene but I cannot find it for the life of me.

But at least to stay on topic, I thought the movie was just okay. It felt more like an episode than a feature film. But why was Adria red? Was it merely to denote she was evil?

Comment

The Ori mother ships have some seriously slow beam weapons. How do they manage to hit anything. I can walk faster than those beams they were firing.

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Of Hell View Post
              The Ori mother ships have some seriously slow beam weapons. How do they manage to hit anything. I can walk faster than those beams they were firing.
              You noticed that? Light traveling slower than light speed? Just file it under the "ignore" section of your brain.

Comment

so in the end, do they actually dismantle the supergates or not? seems like a line of dialogue at the least would clarify that.

wondering because although tomin will apparently be rebuilding the ascension religion there may be those in the milky way that want to still follow the path, would they keep the gate or all jump to one side then destroy it?

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Of Hell View Post
                  Plus, if they had really wanted to destroy the Odyssey, all they had to do was fire on it from all four Ori ships at the same time, and it would likely have destroyed the Odyssey. It's shields weren't at full capacity, which would have made a strike from all four at the same time more deadly.

Comment

Watching this now and have to say we are so grateful we go this film, especially with the cancellation so late into production of season 10. If Unending had been the last we ever saw of Stargate, i would be so pissed.
                    Currently Watching: Stargate SG1 and Stargate Atlantis
                    Planning to watch: Dark Angel, Star Trek Enterprise and many more

Comment

I agree myowndrownedworld! I was highly disappointed with Unending and I just recently rewatched it with the same dissatisfaction. But then I rewatched Ark of Truth and was very happy. It's a nice little story and would've been a great way to end if we didn't have Continuum (love that too.)
                      sigpic
                      [call me loser.]

Comment

Overall I enjoyed Ark of Truth and I agree that we were very lucky to get it after the show was cancelled. The only thing that irritated me was the reintroduction of the replicators as I felt they took away from the main threat of the Ori/Adria. Honestly, the bugs were defeated once and for all back in season 8 and there was no need to bring them back. Having the Odyssey evade the Ori warships in a cat and mouse game would've been enough to keep up the suspense.

Comment

That's true. I just don't think there was enough space for them to really develop in the movie. They seemed like a minor threat after being a major enemy for so long I was frustrated with them defeating them so quickly. And I agree that it def took away from the Ori/Adria threat.
                          sigpic
                          [call me loser.]

Comment

Necrothreading................
                            I'll put this here because most of the footage comes from AoT.
                            sigpic
                            ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                            A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                            The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Originally posted by Traianus Augustus View Post
                              Overall I enjoyed Ark of Truth and I agree that we were very lucky to get it after the show was cancelled. The only thing that irritated me was the reintroduction of the replicators as I felt they took away from the main threat of the Ori/Adria. Honestly, the bugs were defeated once and for all back in season 8 and there was no need to bring them back. Having the Odyssey evade the Ori warships in a cat and mouse game would've been enough to keep up the suspense.
                              There would no need for the Odyssey to duck the Ori ships if dumb a&& Merrick hadn't turned on the Asgard core.

Comment

Did Merrick come across as just a teeny bit unstable?

He's like all those Starfleet Admirals who end up being crazy nutjobs.
                                Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X