This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stargate Sound Effects in Other Movies and Shows

I was watching Justice League: The New Frontier, and there is a part in the movie, where two ships enter a cavern like area. When they enter, you can hear the sound effect used for when the stargate opens and closes.

Just thought it was interesting to hear it used in something else other than Stargate.
    Anyone heard it anywhere else?
    Last edited by Cap116; 01 March 2008, 08:51 PM. Reason: More info to add

: Green is Good.
    sigpic I NEED MORE POWER!!!

Not off hand but it's a popular move to include sounds from different things.

I can't remember how many time's I've heard the 'Doom' sound effects been used on tele!

Comment

My kids watch a cartoon called "Ben 10" and that often uses quite a few sounds from SG-1, especially zat gun and staff weapon, and I'm sure they have used the gate sound.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SeaBee View Post
        My kids watch a cartoon called "Ben 10" and that often uses quite a few sounds from SG-1, especially zat gun and staff weapon, and I'm sure they have used the gate sound.
        i was just about to bring that up. if you watch the Ben 10 episode "A small Problem" grey matter enters a weapon/ alien technology room and when it lights up. we get 3 sounds

Kawoosh
        Iris opening/closing
        Goa'uld personal shield activating.
        your new guide to stargate news.
        www.stargatenews.mypodcast.com

Master Control Radio
        www.mastercontrol.mypodcast.com

Comment

I'm not sure of the exact legalities, but I think a lot of sound effects are "rented out". The same thing used to happen all the time with airliner footage for TV shows. You know how all those Prime Time TV shows would show airliners taking off or landing when one of the characters went out of state? Obviously they didn't get a 747 just to film 10 seconds of shot. Similar deal. It's just mroe cost effective to "rent-a-sound" than spend the time to develop something else.

I remember Star Wars sounds being used in certain episodes of GI Joe back in the day. Most notably the landspeeder and the TIE Fighter flybys.

Comment

Look at SG-1 "Learning Curve". In the final sequence with the kids playing, they play, what I call, the "Generic Child Laughter" sound. If you know what I'm talking about, you hear this sound effect ALL THE TIME in television.

Comment

You want an over-used sound effect? Try the metallic "jail door opening / closing" squeak. I can't remember if Stargate has every used it, but a friend brought it to my attention when we were watching Knight Rider (the classic series, not the TV movie); every time a metal door in a prison / police cell / military installation was opened or closed, you would hear the same sound effect.

And, I know it's still technically Stargate, but what about the random zat gun sound effects during the SG:Infinity credits? Just one of many reasons why I couldn't stand that show.
              Coming soon to Syfy and DVD... hopefully!

Comment

there r also instances in tv and movies where sound effects from video games such as the alarm sound effect from the dam level in goldeneye is used and also like oma said there have been all kinds of instances where the doom sounds have been used

Originally posted by Oma Yksilo View Post
                Not off hand but it's a popular move to include sounds from different things.

I can't remember how many time's I've heard the 'Doom' sound effects been used on tele!

Comment

The Atlantis Self Destruct Alarm sounds alot like the alarm for an MDK (Murder-Death-Kill) on Demolition Man. Haven't seen that movie for awhile though.
                  sigpic

Comment

The BC-304's missile-firing sound is identical to the sound the rocket launcher makes in Goldeneye on N64. You hear it well in the Atlantis episode 'Aurora' if I remember correctly.
                    Prepare for the future. My SGA fic

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=61886

Comment

Working...
                    X