This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ever met 1 of the cast of SG1 or SGA

I was just thinking how cool it would be to be shopping for groceries and happen to look up to see David Hewlett. I live on the east coast so the chances are pretty slim of that ever happening but I wonder if anyone who lives in Vancouver has run into them?

I don't think I would have enough courage to say hello but it would be cool anyway.

I would probably go about in some geeky gate talk just out of nowhere. Kinda like
    Look up.
    "Oh, hi McKay. Did the power relay couplets on the Apollo's beam weapons get fixed and rigged up for the trials?"

I would love to see how that would turn out.

Comment

Only at cons.

Comment

I'd probally say hi and ask for an autograph..

Then smile.. big.. smile.. and giggle.. heh

Go Green

Comment

I got to meet Paul McGillion. Ireland isn't big enough for conventions, so every so often celebs will do a signing in Dublin and one in Belfast and McGillion was one of them to do this. Got A poster and signed photos based on his SGA apperances and SG1.

Also meet Robert Picardo (who did his 'The Cowboy' character from Innerspace which was funny).as he did the same thing. While he doesn't to count as a proper cast member, it will make sense why I mentioned him if you're up to do date on SGA season 5.

But to actually walk up to them on street, No way I would ever be that lucky. I was surprised the two above even wanted to visit.

sigpic

Comment

We have a convention here in Denver every year (coming up next month, actually) which is big enough to get some decent guests but small enough where you can spend some time with them. I've met, talked to and got pics with...

Michael Shanks
            Joe Flanigan
            Rachel Luttrell
            Tony Amendola
            Gary Jones
            ...and probably some others that I can't think of right now.

All of them were very nice and cool to talk to.

www.starland.com
            sigpic

Comment

....you can't see them...they are ALWAYS AT ATLANTIS! lol

Comment

Chances of meeting any of the Stargate actors on the street or in a store I would think are close to the same as winning the lottery! They've filmed in the area I live in but the chances of coming across them wandering around are still remote even with these supposedly increased odds.

The closest non convention 'meeting' with a Stargate actor I had in Vancouver was with Paul McGillion when I thought he was going to tread on my toes. I was in the front row of the tiny theatre we were sitting in watching the play he was in. He was backing up towards me as part of the scene he was acting. Don't know if he would have said something had he come back far enough to tread on my toes! LOL!

If I did see a Stargate actor or actress going about their personal business I wouldn't approach them anyway as I feel they should have the peace and privacy all of us enjoy in their private lives as well.

I met Cliff Simon in the hotel corridor at last years Creation Con in Vancouver which was unexpected and nice, but of course the odds of that happening had risen considerably anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Krisz View Post
                  Chances of meeting any of the Stargate actors on the street or in a store I would think are close to the same as winning the lottery! They've filmed in the area I live in but the chances of coming across them wandering around are still remote even with these supposedly increased odds.
                  I've been in Vancouver since before the first movie was even released.
                  So far, I've seen/met

Micheal Shanks
                  Chris Judge
                  Lexa Doig
                  Gary Jones
                  Dan Payne
                  some Jaffa extras
                  Joe M
                  Damian Kindler
                  Martin G
                  Martin Wood
                  Garwin Sanford
                  David Hewlett, Mars and Jane
                  Rachel Luttrell
                  Jason Mamoa
                  Rainbow Sun Franks
                  Aaron Abrams
                  Chelah Horsdal
                  Ryan Robbins
                  Kirby Morrow - The weapons officer guy who sits left of Caldwell on the Daedalus

The SG1 cast/guests I met/saw at the Rogers Santa Parade
                  Joe I saw 3 times, but they were all stargate related events.
                  I met Martin Gero at the Save Carson protest/rally as well as at the 2nd showing of YPF
                  Martin Wood and Aaron Abrams at the 2nd showing of YPF
                  David, Rachel and Jason I saw at the Carson protest.
                  Rainbow, Damian, Dan Payne, Chelah Horsdal and Ryan Robbins at the Gateworld dinner
                  I saw Dave again at the Vancouver showing of A Dog's Breakfast, and I met Jane and saw Mars too
                  I also met Kirby at an event
                  Garwin Sanford - I met in school. My class was taking a short break, and I saw a guy who looked like him walk by, I got my agenda and went out of the room and he came from out of the corner.

So, out of all those people, Garwin was the only person I met outside an event.

Comment

From Stargate I've met:

Main cast members

David Hewlett
                    Torri Higginson
                    Paul McGillion (three times!)

Major recurring actors

David Nykl
                    Teryl Rothery
                    Kavan Smith
                    Ronny Cox
                    Andee Frizzell
                    Dan Payne

Recurring and guest actors

Chuck Campbell
                    Kate Hewlett
                    Erin Chambers
                    Ryan Robbins
                    Aaron Douglas
                    Dean Marshall
                    Dwight Schultz

I've also met Jane Loughman and Ivy Isenberg - not actors, but both obviously have Stargate connections
                    Last edited by sueKay; 02 March 2008, 02:31 AM.
                    sigpic
                    Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Originally posted by Korean_Turtle87 View Post
                      I've been in Vancouver since before the first movie was even released.
                      So far, I've seen/met

Micheal Shanks
                      Chris Judge
                      Lexa Doig
                      Gary Jones
                      Dan Payne
                      some Jaffa extras
                      Joe M
                      Damian Kindler
                      Martin G
                      Martin Wood
                      Garwin Sanford
                      David Hewlett, Mars and Jane
                      Rachel Luttrell
                      Jason Mamoa
                      Rainbow Sun Franks
                      Aaron Abrams
                      Chelah Horsdal
                      Ryan Robbins
                      Kirby Morrow - The weapons officer guy who sits left of Caldwell on the Daedalus

The SG1 cast/guests I met/saw at the Rogers Santa Parade
                      Joe I saw 3 times, but they were all stargate related events.
                      I met Martin Gero at the Save Carson protest/rally as well as at the 2nd showing of YPF
                      Martin Wood and Aaron Abrams at the 2nd showing of YPF
                      David, Rachel and Jason I saw at the Carson protest.
                      Rainbow, Damian, Dan Payne, Chelah Horsdal and Ryan Robbins at the Gateworld dinner
                      I saw Dave again at the Vancouver showing of A Dog's Breakfast, and I met Jane and saw Mars too
                      I also met Kirby at an event
                      Garwin Sanford - I met in school. My class was taking a short break, and I saw a guy who looked like him walk by, I got my agenda and went out of the room and he came from out of the corner.

So, out of all those people, Garwin was the only person I met outside an event.
                      Originally posted by sueKay View Post
                      From Stargate I've met:

Main cast members

David Hewlett
                      Torri Higginson
                      Paul McGillion (three times!)

Major recurring actors

David Nykl
                      Teryl Rothery
                      Kavan Smith
                      Ronny Cox
                      Andee Frizzell
                      Dan Payne

Recurring and guest actors

Chuck Campbell
                      Kate Hewlett
                      Erin Chambers
                      Ryan Robbins
                      Aaron Douglas
                      Dean Marshall
                      Dwight Schultz
                      WOW you guys are lucky wish i could meet just one cast member....i would take them up to my space station and torture them for info on the where abouts of Ancient tech so i can over throw Baal BWHAHAHAHAHAH!!! ((only jokein )) but really you guys are lucky to have met so many cast members
                      System Lord Remus

Comment

I've been very lucky to meet so many actors as I've only been to 3 Stargate Conventions
                        sigpic
                        Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay View Post
                          I've been very lucky to meet so many actors as I've only been to 3 Stargate Conventions
                          thats awsome i'm saveing up to go to the next wolf SG-14 in England wanted to go to the last one but didn't have ehought money at the time to buy a ticket but this year i'm there hopefully i'll get a meet and greet ticket in time
                          System Lord Remus

Comment

Great Scot! It's amazing how many people you guys have met. I hope go to a convention someday to do the same. But it would still be cool just to randomly see one of them walking down the street.

Comment

so far ive met

david hewlett
                              kate hewlett
                              paul mcgillion (twice!!)
                              kavan smith
                              dean marshall
                              torri higginson
                              andee frizzel
                              dan payne
                              aaron douglas

then of course jane loughman and john lenic!!!!!!

ive been to 1 con and 2 adb screenings so i count myself really lucky!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X