Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Let's just get this all out of the way first...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let's just get this all out of the way first...

Joe M. did not lie. He said it would be our Carson in "flesh and blood". Which is exactly the case. The clone IS our original Carson Beckett, in both flesh and blood.

Just wanted to get to this first before all the people who hate the show start crying foul again.
    These are the wrong people... in the wrong place.

i started that thread Boo To Clones. i love the show, my favorite show, it was a great episode, i just wanted to know why Joe did state that it has never been done before the way we bring him back, when it has been done, with the dozens of Baal's roaming the Milky Way. this is why it's not good to leak out info before it airs, just keep it a secret.

he's NOT the original, he's a COPY, the original would get top priorities on the life of Beckett, lucky for the clone the original is dead.

Comment

Sucks, i want the real carson back!

Comment

Originally posted by Puddle Jumper 1 View Post
        Sucks, i want the real carson back!
        I don't know what your problem is??? It was Carson - our Carson. The way he speaks, the way he walks, the way he works!
        Spoiler:
        When they came through the gate with that injured traitor,
        he kept them going to get him fixed.. I was cheering!!! I am just a bit pissed that he's kinda gone again!

Comment

How can a copy be the original?

Comment

Originally posted by Detox View Post
            Joe M. did not lie. He said it would be our Carson in "flesh and blood". Which is exactly the case. The clone IS our original Carson Beckett, in both flesh and blood.

Just wanted to get to this first before all the people who hate the show start crying foul again.
            This Carson is a copy. An exact copy. This one is NOT the original.

Adds more to the character. Still wish they'd bring him back full-time.

Comment

Originally posted by gange57 View Post
              How can a copy be the original?
              He has the same personality the same memorys and at the end of the day that is what defines who we are!

He is as much Carson as the the Carson that died in Sunday
              A word of advice... there are creatures that live between this dimension and the next, fiendish creatures that feast on the suffering of an entire world to satiate their eternal hunger. Support the Gateworld Cantina or suffer the fate of all who fall into the clutches of the 'Eladrith Ynneas'

Comment

Originally posted by The_Carpenter View Post
                He has the same personality the same memorys and at the end of the day that is what defines who we are!

He is as much Carson as the the Carson that died in Sunday

No, he doesn't. He has no memory of anything post "Misbegotten." Clone! Carson doesn't remembering saving Ronon in "Sateda." He doesn't remember trying to save Weir in TRW. He doesn't even remember buying turtles! On the bright side, Clone! Carson was spared Lucius. The Carson who died in Sunday experienced all of this. This Carson is just a cheap knockoff.

Comment

No, he doesn't. He has no memory of anything post "Misbegotten." Clone! Carson doesn't remembering saving Ronon in "Sateda." He doesn't remember trying to save Weir in TRW. He doesn't even remember buying turtles! On the bright side, Clone! Carson was spared Lucius. The Carson who died in Sunday experienced all of this. This Carson is just a cheap knockoff.
                  He wouldn't remember any of this even if he was the original.

Comment

I am confused by something. If Michael made an exact copy of him, why wouldnt he keep the original? He would be able to drop the clone back off and no one would no the difference, and think he died a week later from something else - or better yet, why bother making a clone at all? why not just steal the original and use him..i mean...Michael already captued him. why go through the trouble to copy him and let him go again?

It just doesnt add up to me.....

Comment

Ok, you got me there... but fundamentally he is the same person, and would of done those exact same things had he been in that situation.

And as Jenks says if the clone had died in Sunday then the "original" Carson would not of saved Ronon and all the rest of it
                      A word of advice... there are creatures that live between this dimension and the next, fiendish creatures that feast on the suffering of an entire world to satiate their eternal hunger. Support the Gateworld Cantina or suffer the fate of all who fall into the clutches of the 'Eladrith Ynneas'

Comment

Originally posted by wireman121 View Post
                        I am confused by something. If Michael made an exact copy of him, why wouldnt he keep the original? He would be able to drop the clone back off and no one would no the difference, and think he died a week later from something else - or better yet, why bother making a clone at all? why not just steal the original and use him..i mean...Michael already captued him. why go through the trouble to copy him and let him go again?

It just doesnt add up to me.....
                        I assume it would take some time to create the clone and grow it to the correct age, with Sheppard and his team coming to rescue Carson all Michael had time to do was take a DNA sample and somehow copy Carson's thought patterns.

Making a clone isn't just a case of get DNA add water and poof you have a brand new clone, it takes time and for all we know there could of been multiple failures in the process

Comment

Originally posted by Detox View Post

carson being a clone was the only way and i have no problem with it a clone is a exact copy of the original ...besides micheals modifications

he's still the same guy ....just needs some facial hair and it's will be the old carson again
                          https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by The_Carpenter View Post
                            Ok, you got me there... but fundamentally he is the same person, and would of done those exact same things had he been in that situation.

And as Jenks says if the clone had died in Sunday then the "original" Carson would not of saved Ronon and all the rest of it

I don't think he is the fundamentally the same person. Original!Carson could barely shoot a gun; Clone!Carson shot those hybrids as if it were second nature. Since "Misbegotten," they are inherently different people.

Comment

Being a POW will change the kinda person you are over enough time. You can take the kindest person in the world and stick in a POW camp (a bad one considering this would be Michael) and see just how kind they are after you let em out two years later.

I think JM meant by it's never been done before is that the Carson clone requires those injections to keep living, while other clones (Baal, Anubis, etc) didn't need the injections.

Comment

Working...
                              X