BOO To Clones

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BOO To Clones

I was so excited to see this episode, the first half was awesome. I've been waiting forever to see it cause Joe Mallozzi said that it was OUR Carson, not a clone and he already said it wasn't a clone, so why the lie? What's also with the saying it was something that wasn't done yet, but yet it was done cause of the dozens of Baal's out there in the Milky Way Galaxy.

I'm glad Carsons back, but the cloning has been done before on SG-1. If the cloning did not exist, this Carson would not be here, so he's not any different than the replicators cause it is just a "vessel". It is not "OUR" Carson that was left to believe before this episode aired.
    Last edited by Nitegate; 01 March 2008, 01:17 AM.

Joe Mallozzi never said that he wouldn't be a clone. What he did say was that it would be Carson in the flesh, which some people took to mean the original, and thus the rumours started.

Comment

ok flesh and blood, it was said this hasn't been done before and it has been done with the dozens of baal's.

Comment

It's Carson. The real carson. The clone part is just sentimentality and plotworthyness. I always it to be clone-related, but I was hoping the dead carson would've been a clone, and the captured one the original. But who Cares, he's back and this was a really great episode.
        My heart beats in 13/8.

Comment

i agree, it was a great episode, just disappointed that a clone is the living one. but people were right, Michael did take samples from when he was knocked out on Misbegotten.

Comment

Originally posted by metabog View Post
            I always it to be clone-related, but I was hoping the dead carson would've been a clone, and the captured one the original.
            That's what I was expecting. I've seen every episode of SGA, but I'm not exactly intimately familiar with the minutiae... could someone tell me if such a thing would have been possible and logical given the events of Season 3?

Comment

I agree. I've been wondering where the hints were supposedly hidden in season 3. I may have to rewatch those episodes...
              Spoiler:
              Check out my fanfiction! http://www.fanfiction.net/~memnarch

Comment

Originally posted by memnarch View Post
                I agree. I've been wondering where the hints were supposedly hidden in season 3. I may have to rewatch those episodes...
                Spoiler:
                Its in Vengenance

I'll let you figure out which line
                A word of advice... there are creatures that live between this dimension and the next, fiendish creatures that feast on the suffering of an entire world to satiate their eternal hunger. Support the Gateworld Cantina or suffer the fate of all who fall into the clutches of the 'Eladrith Ynneas'

Comment

Same difference, yeesh. Heres the choice: clone carson or no carson. Then ill let u explain to everyone why theres no carson, lol

Comment

Originally posted by The_Carpenter View Post
                    Spoiler:
                    Its in Vengenance

I'll let you figure out which line
                    I've known about it this for a while but I never picked up on anything. Having seen the episode, I'll have to go back and watch it again tonight or something.

As for Joe saying it was the real Carson, there's no wonder he got so pissed off at being misquoted. I saw nothing wrong with the clone mostly because of how it played out.
                    sigpic
                    Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Oy this is what happens when people are misquoted.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                        Joe Mallozzi never said that he wouldn't be a clone. What he did say was that it would be Carson in the flesh, which some people took to mean the original, and thus the rumours started.
                        flesh is better then a replicator i can lve wit him being a clone
                        https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

As someone who has been rallying and protesting to bring Carson Beckett back and written letters to the writers on how stupid it was to kill him - I was so excited about his return and this episode.

But, I didn't like this 'cloning' idea and the episode itself was not terrible but it wasn't that great either. Loved the idea that he was kidnapped in Misbegotten and the Carson who died in the explosion was the clone - NOW that was an excellent and clever way to bring our Carson back.

They bring Carson back, but not really back, and then they nearly kill the Carson again and now he is frozen.

Not happy - I shall write another letter I think...

I don't understand why you would, as a writer, take away an excellent and unique character who's characteristics and chemisty with say Mckay and the others was blimming marvellous. Oh well. Life is unfair. The writer's are wraiths. lol.

Think I will go get my frustration out on the punchbag
                          sigpicFreebie pics/gifs by sweetsamurai: photobucket.com (username: sweetsamurai - password: stargate200)

Comment

I can't believe that Michael would've had the technology to "clone" Carson's consciousness. We know that the Replicators were able to do that after sticking their hands in someone's head, but why and how would the Wraith have ever developed that technology? They wouldn't have.
                            Even the Asgard didn't. They simply transferred their conscoiusness from one body to another. So even though I'm glad that Carson's back I don't really like it.
                            Oh well, won't make me stop watching because of that, anyway. Can't wait for TLM and then Season 5.

Comment

Originally posted by Barbaro View Post
                              I can't believe that Michael would've had the technology to "clone" Carson's consciousness. We know that the Replicators were able to do that after sticking their hands in someone's head, but why and how would the Wraith have ever developed that technology? They wouldn't have.
                              Even the Asgard didn't. They simply transferred their conscoiusness from one body to another. So even though I'm glad that Carson's back I don't really like it.
                              Oh well, won't make me stop watching because of that, anyway. Can't wait for TLM and then Season 5.
                              Saw that twice this season and in both cases it took zpms to make full adults. Not sure if the wraith zpmclones had fullmemories but the duplicate sga-1 team had full memories/identity

Comment

Working...
                              X