No announcement yet.

New Ancient warship, Season 5?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why not a Cityship built specifically for war. Smaller than Atlantis but twice the firepower. The ancients designed it as a mobile space station that could stay inside hostile territory to serve as a supply base and repair center for Aurora warships deep inside Wraith territory.

Think Atlantis but instead of outer piers having towers they have Arcturus Zero point guns. Tens of thousands of drones that are fired from each of the piers.

12 Aurora's can be serviced simultaneously to repair and resupply. They have multilayered shields.

It is powered by 4 zpms but it has Solar generators that recharge its ZPMs in case they couldn't get replacements from Atlantis.
    Stargate Revival Please!

Comment

You would have to have a HUGE (planet size) solar panel to generate that much energy. The only reason the solar panels worked in "The Last Man" was because the sun was going to explode so it was giving off more power.
      Visit my Website

Comment

Originally posted by YutheGreat View Post
        Why not a Cityship built specifically for war. Smaller than Atlantis but twice the firepower. The ancients designed it as a mobile space station that could stay inside hostile territory to serve as a supply base and repair center for Aurora warships deep inside Wraith territory.

Think Atlantis but instead of outer piers having towers they have Arcturus Zero point guns. Tens of thousands of drones that are fired from each of the piers.

12 Aurora's can be serviced simultaneously to repair and resupply. They have multilayered shields.

It is powered by 4 zpms but it has Solar generators that recharge its ZPMs in case they couldn't get replacements from Atlantis.
        ................................is this a serious post?

Comment

Slightly a little over the top I agree I was just trying to give reason to the Ancients tactical error they sent their ships deep into Wraith territory without a place to replenish their strenght? I mean come on...
          Stargate Revival Please!

Comment

Originally posted by YutheGreat View Post
            Slightly a little over the top I agree I was just trying to give reason to the Ancients tactical error they sent their ships deep into Wraith territory without a place to replenish their strenght? I mean come on...
            Unnecesary, the anciets lok advanced enough to build some kind of matter converter or at least a nanite thingy. They could replenish on site.

Comment

Originally posted by JSPuddlejumper View Post
              Not if Earth actually manages to keep the warship and the find neat stuff in it...which leads to further explorations.

Which could lead them to find various stuff.

A lot possibilities.

For example: The new ships hyperdrive is not 'tuned' properly, this uber hyperdrive strands them 1 billion light years away from Atlantis (Season 5)...Could be a great 2 parter, them finding other lifeforms possibly new hostile one that they may come in contact with say in Season 6.

So every single episode will not be just about Atlantis, or starting point. Mix and match, variety.

Instead we have the same old boring, copy of SG1: Find new Ha'tak, uhh Hive, uhh any ship=soon blown afterwards.

Sounds like the lead in to Stargate:Universe to me.

Comment

Sounds like Star Trek: Voyager.
                sigpic
                More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

they should introduce the Ancient Cruiser that was seen in progeny because none were seen used by the replicators in the war with them. it seems almost as big as the aroura
                  Attached Files

Comment

for real ... this would be kool
                    Blessed is he who expects nothing, for he shall never be disappointed

sigpic

Comment

I think the Ancients could build better looking ships, it's just the Ancients could have been more focused on functionality rather then the aesthetics?????
                      sigpic
                      "We are the Fifth Race. Our role is clear. If there is any hope in preserving the future, it lies with us."
                      Signature made by RJB

Comment

nay.

i'd love to see a hive fall down on it nose-first. cue a shot of a gargantuan ship falling through the sky, down onto some tiny insignificant white spec. cue a nuclear-esque explosion.

Comment

They could have done so much in atlantis. I always thought the auroras was an odd looking ship and the altantis crusiers looked alot better but it would be soo great if the invented a brand new ship called the excilber or excilber class.

Comment

i thought the auroras were awesome yet blew up way too easily. c'mon i'd have preferred an Aurora in our service over a 304.

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                              i thought the auroras were awesome yet blew up way too easily. c'mon i'd have preferred an Aurora in our service over a 304.
                              Maybe because in the show they only lasted a episode or two and even then didn't much fighting and travelling etc.

Comment

i don't get what you're trying to say. an Aurora is awesome. they just blew up too easily.

Comment

Working...
                                X