This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Season Five : Compliments and Praise Thread

Welcome to the 'Season Five: Compliments and Praise 'thread.

To lay out a few ground rules:

This thread, and its mate, 'Season Five 'Complaints and Misgivings'' thread are to be the ONLY season specific limited focus threads. Any other, what we would have termed as general 'pro' or 'anti' threads will not be allowed and will be closed down.

The rules of this thread are simple. This is a 'safety zone' for people to express the stuff they like about season five without feeling like they are being forced to defend those opinions. As such, if you disagree with a post, comments such as 'you stupid idiot, how can you not like this' or 'oh look, more mindless fans' will NOT be tolerated.

ANY AND ALL COMPLIMENTS ABOUT SEASON FIVE ARE ON TOPIC HERE.

Bear in mind, you may be lpraising that Sam is gone, but someone else's praise may be that she's back for a couple of episodes. Both comments are on topic. And both comments MUST be respected and tolerated. We do not want to see things like 'This is only for praise about (one certain aspect/character) go away.' People do not have to justify their praise.

While you are free to talk about any aspect of the SHOW that you like, you are NOT allowed to complain about other fans, other forums or members of the cast and crew.

For example:

'Joe Mallozzi is a twit' is inappropriate.
    'I don't like Joe's writing' is okay.

'I'm glad that Amanda has been gotten rid of' is inappropriate.
    'Thank goodness Sam has been written off the show' is okay.

Characters are not real people, they are fictional representations, therefore are not availed the same protection as real people. I know that, as a fan of a particular character or actor, it can be difficult to see people making unkind remarks about the character; however it is not against the rules, so you must accept it.

Terms like 'TIIC' (the idiots in charge) are not permissible. Anyone making remarks with terms such as this, even hiding it under spoiler tags, will be a candidate for moderation.

If you see a post that is inappropriate, your job, as it is, is to REPORT THE POST or ignore it and move on. It is not your job to police others and there is nothing wrong with using the report post feature.

We will also not tolerate things such as fans spying on fans. Can we stop you from spying? No. But we can stop you from talking about it. Comments like 'that serves those stupid chuck fans' are inappropriate. It falls under talking about other fans and is not allowed.

To put the rules in a nutshell….express your likes about the show to your hearts' content. But do it while respecting others.

Do not disparage another's opinion.
    Do not mock or belittle others.
    Do not call others names.

That stuff is off topic. The topic is 'I like how the show is going', and it will be enforced.

How will we enforce it?

Glad you asked.

We will be using the infraction system. For those of you that have received infractions, until this point in time, we simply used them to communicate issues with posters in a way that allowed us to document the original post, as well as what we say to you in our PM's. The infraction system has a point system linked to it, that, until this point, we've ignored.

But we will be using it now.

Anyone breaking the on topic rules in the Complaints or Compliments thread will be given an infraction. You all know the rules, thus there will not be warnings issued. This post is your warning.

On the rare occasions that we see brand new posters misstepping in the limited focus treads, they will receive ONE warning. This warning does not apply to our current and active members. You folks that have been here for months and years and have hundreds of posts, you know better.

Infraction One: You are 'gagged' for three days. Which means that you will be placed on read only status. You may make posts, but those posts will be held in the mod queue until your three days are over.

Infraction Two: You are gagged for six days and any posts you make while you are gagged will be deleted.

Infraction Three: You are gagged for two weeks and you will be counseled by a member of the mod team. You will discuss with them what the issues are and see what the problem is. This is also the point where the other mods will get involved. We'll discuss this particular poster's issues amongst ourselves and see what we can do to help.

Infraction Four: You are gagged for a month.

Infraction Five:
    You are permantly gagged. If you are found to be creating a sock puppet to circumvent the gagging, it will be banned.

While infractions – to this point – have not been cumulative, in the Complaints or Compliments threads, they WILL be cumulative. Any behavior infractions earned in these threads will never expire.

It does sound harsh, however those of you that have never had a post snipped or deleted, you likely won't notice anything different. Those of you that have gotten to know the mods well, you will need to be making adjustments to your behavior.

These infractions will apply ONLY to the limited focus threads. Thus, if you get gagged for 3 days in a limited focus thread and then get a sig rule violation in another thread, it won't add up to six days of gagging.

However, if we do see people taking their bicker matches out of the limited focus threads and into others, we will react. Talking about other fans behind their backs, calling them names and the like is against the rules of this forum and will be dealt with.

We don't want to lose people. However, over the past several months, the nastiness has gotten so horrible and so pervasive, that we really have no other choice. Posters are welcome as long as they follow the rules, however, out of fairness to the majority of our posters, if posters will not behave and respect others, they will need to find somewhere else to play.
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Well I must say I hope this thread is the sigh of relief several of us have hoped for.
    Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
    "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
    Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem
      well i for one will be happy to see season 5 come. sadly we have lost a dear friend in Torri who hopeful will see again. but the series will go on without her and i truly believe that Robert will raise to the challenge of filling the shoes of Torri and Amanda.

i am crossing my figures that we will get some great stories this season Joe and Paul really raised the bar last season with deeper story telling and character development.
      Very well put. I feel the same way.
      Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
      "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
      Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

season 5 will pwn as usual. carter is still around so no everything is ftw.

Comment

Sheppard
          Mckay
          Teyla
          Ronon
          Carson
          Keller
          Zelenka
          Lorne

with newly added...

Woolsey

Do I need to say more!
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
            Sheppard
            Mckay
            Teyla
            Ronon
            Carson
            Keller
            Zelenka
            Lorne

with newly added...

Woolsey

Do I need to say more!
            capt.Alica Vega
            https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
              capt.Alica Vega
              I think Atem really like the Vega character.
              Originally posted by aretood2
              Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark View Post
                season 5 will pwn as usual. carter is still around so no everything is ftw.
                well said dude

Sheppard
                Mckay
                Teyla
                Ronon
                Carson
                Keller
                Zelenka
                Lorne

with newly added...

Woolsey

Do I need to say more!
                you forgot the two new characters and that's pretty much it
                sigpic
                The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                  https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

I'm certainly looking forward to seeing her in S5

Comment

Let's keep this thread alive!

Today's discussion:

Compliments and Praise on Woolsey!

I think Woolsey is going to make the show interesting. We are going to get those character conflincts with authority like we did in the early seasons of SGA. I think his character is going to grow on a lot of fans, and the interaction will be very interesting.
                      sigpic

Comment

Let's keep this thread alive!

Today's discussion:

Compliments and Praise on Woolsey!

I think Woolsey is going to make the show interesting. We are going to get those character conflincts with authority like we did in the early seasons of SGA. I think his character is going to grow on a lot of fans, and the interaction will be very interesting.
                        I can see the fear of bringing Woosley over but I also can see the benefits. TPTB are walking a fine line. He is a character that can clash with the Atlantis team, but he also can be annoying if used wrong. I have faith that Woosley will be used properly.
                        Woosley: Sheppard, you are ruining low on your monthly allowment of bullents. Can you use a few less bullets killing Wraith?
                        Jelgate is right

Comment

I can see the fear of bringing Woosley over but I also can see the benefits. TPTB are walking a fine line. He is a character that can clash with the Atlantis team, but he also can be annoying if used wrong. I have faith that Woosley will be used properly.
                          Woosley: Sheppard, you are ruining low on your monthly allowment of bullents. Can you use a few less bullets killing Wraith?
                          I don't think he will be overkill either. It has been made known that the leader of Atlantis will be a supportive postition like a Hammond or Landry. So he will likely not be in every episode, and will get a few episodes to give him a little background and whatnot. There is a lot of potential, but it could also backfire.
                          sigpic

Comment

HI HO SEASON 6 AWAY!!!!

Or is it too early to say that?

If you're wondering how time travel works, and other science facts
                            Then repeat to yourself 'It's just a kickass show, I should really just relax'

Muh Arts-like Thingies

Comment

Originally posted by The TARDIS View Post
                              HI HO SEASON 6 AWAY!!!!

Or is it too early to say that?
                              The possibility of a S6 will depend on S4 and first few episodes of S5.
                              Jelgate is right

Comment

Working...
                              X