Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mckay/Sheppard: Where's it heading guys?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mckay/Sheppard: Where's it heading guys?

Hello everyone, apologies in advance as this is my first anything on GW and no doubt I'll get something wrong.
    how do people see the friendship between the show's most important characters Mckay and Sheppard developing this season? For me, it seems to have gone from just snarky play-fighting to something " else" although I'm not sure what that is.
    Are the writers using scenes like the ones in M.Crossing and Outcast to prepare us for some kind of 'relationship' or would that be impossible re censorship etc.
    This isn't a pro or anti slash thread, just an opening debate on the reason why the writers write Mckay/Sheppard differently to their relationships with everyone else.
    How would you all like to see this one develope?

Originally posted by Bride of Zelenka View Post

Hello everyone, apologies in advance as this is my first anything on GW and no doubt I'll get something wrong.
    how do people see the friendship between the show's most important characters Mckay and Sheppard developing this season? For me, it seems to have gone from just snarky play-fighting to something " else" although I'm not sure what that is.
    Are the writers using scenes like the ones in M.Crossing and Outcast to prepare us for some kind of 'relationship' or would that be impossible re censorship etc.
    This isn't a pro or anti slash thread, just an opening debate on the reason why the writers write Mckay/Sheppard differently to their relationships with everyone else.
    How would you all like to see this one develope?
    Are you implying they might slash them together? Not going to happen! They're not gay! Shep was married and Rodney has a girlfriend.

Comment

Well, no, I dont think they will slash them, but TPTB do seem to present this relationship in a more intense way than any of the others. All the half looks and awkward silences and furtive glances. And the actual banter has been described by quite a few fans as 'flirting'. It actually reminds me of Booth and Bones.
      My question, I guess, was are the writers going to push this as far as they can without slashing ??? and is so, is this going to be good for the show.
      What we dont want to see if any sloppy romance between any of the key team, can you imagine a love struck Shep and a moony Rodney. yuch!
      What is obvious though is the amazing chemistry going on and the fact that the writers know the strengths of the show, and the acting kudos is all with DH and JF, and so perhaps we'll see a deeper exploration of whatever kind of relationship is going on between RM and JS.
      Anything would be better than more lip smacking over space bimbos and the chosen alien chick of the week ( aka Larrin)

Comment

Originally posted by Bride of Zelenka View Post
        Well, no, I dont think they will slash them, but TPTB do seem to present this relationship in a more intense way than any of the others. All the half looks and awkward silences and furtive glances. And the actual banter has been described by quite a few fans as 'flirting'. It actually reminds me of Booth and Bones.
        My question, I guess, was are the writers going to push this as far as they can without slashing ??? and is so, is this going to be good for the show.
        What we dont want to see if any sloppy romance between any of the key team, can you imagine a love struck Shep and a moony Rodney. yuch!
        What is obvious though is the amazing chemistry going on and the fact that the writers know the strengths of the show, and the acting kudos is all with DH and JF, and so perhaps we'll see a deeper exploration of whatever kind of relationship is going on between RM and JS.
        Anything would be better than more lip smacking over space bimbos and the chosen alien chick of the week ( aka Larrin)
        i agree!! JS and RM are the two best charactrs of the show and that has a lot today with their relationship, which is a mixture of arguing and a real close pals too and i think they do flirt personaly but thats just me! theres going to be a lot of peolple that think theres deffinatly something there and lots of others who really dont see it!

I like it the way it is right now, but i dont want any silly girl involved with sheppard! if a love interst comes on she should be a strong one, a match for sheppard without being to blonde or threatening! you know???
        "I'm not crazy, I just have a nother consciousness inside my brain!"

"This is what I do when I have problems with my laptop, I turn it off and then I... turn it on again. "
        " I think this is a little bit more complicated than that. "
        "I'm just saying that if we're taking a page from the John Sheppard book of computer repair, we're really desperate. "

"Fine, but don't be jealous when I return with a record breaking space trout....thank you"

SGA such great lines!!!!!!

do we want more Shep wumpage? OH I THINK SO!!!

sigpic

Comment

Working...
        X