This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The 4th best gift!

So as many of my shipper friends know my wife is very close to giving birth. In the light of all that has been done and all that I've assembled, taken to storage, built, cleaned, rearranged, lifted, sat down, yadda yadda yadda . . .

My wife and my brother thought it would be nice to throw me a 'man shower'. Now it has not occured yet, but I did get one of my presents last night!

My brother brought me Season 6 on dvd and will continue to buy each season until I have them all!

This is about the 4th best gift in my life!!!

What was the 3rd, 2nd and 1st best prezzies then?

Congrats when the baby's due!!!!

Have a good 'man' shower!!
    sigpic
    Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Oh, if only it were so easy to shop for all men.
      sigpic
      ~ ~ ~mala\suekay sig ~ ~ ~ *Thanks to Mala50 for any caps I post & for her "crankies"*

Comment

Originally posted by blueiris
        Oh, if only it were so easy to shop for all men.
        Haha - Because women are any easier to shop for?

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay
          What was the 3rd, 2nd and 1st best prezzies then?

Congrats when the baby's due!!!!

Have a good 'man' shower!!

Thanks!

The gift list:

1st: The gift of salvation given by Jesus Christ
          2nd: The gift of my wife
          3rd: The gift of my daughter

I guess I should really throw my brother in there as well, maybe he is the 4th gift and since he is getting me the seasons then they fall into the 4th spot as well! We share a lot of mutual friends who tend to laugh at my love for Stargate, leave it to him to stick up for me and get me this gift!

I should clarify that the 'man' shower boils down to my brother getting a few of my friends together and taking me out for dinner. We'll argue about whether Star Trek:TNG; DS9; or Voyager was the best. Of course I'll pull out the big 'ol Stargate SG-1 trump card and beat them all!!

Comment

How come you rank your wife higher then your daughter? And isn't your family more important then your faith?=))

Comment

Originally posted by aAnubiSs
              How come you rank your wife higher then your daughter? And isn't your family more important then your faith?=))

If you really want to discuss this please PM me, i don't think it is 'threadworthy' . . . I mean sure the subject is worthy of thought and discussion, but not so sure that it should be 'here' so to speak.

But for some quick answers;

Wife is my soulmate; although my daughter is everything to me. Even if she is not here yet, my daughter is everything, but, my wife, well, she's more. Hard to explain, but she is. My wife is my life; my daughter will one day have her own life; and though I'll be concerned about her and love her forever, she will one day join with another, and they will have their own life and destiny.

And without my faith I wouldn't have my family. Yaweh is above all things. To put anything above Him is treacherous ground. By putting Him first I am given the desires of my heart. I do this not because I seek the desires of my heart, but because He first sought after me.

Eh, guess you'd have to have a wife and daughter and faith to truly understand. But, as I said, if you wish to further discuss this, please PM me. For now though I'm off to build a fire on this cool autumn night!

Comment

Originally posted by Just the Zat's Ma'am
                If you really want to discuss this please PM me, i don't think it is 'threadworthy' . . . I mean sure the subject is worthy of thought and discussion, but not so sure that it should be 'here' so to speak.

Wife is my soulmate; although my daughter is everything to me. Even if she is not here yet, my daughter is everything, but, my wife, well, she's more. Hard to explain, but she is. My wife is my life; my daughter will one day have her own life; and though I'll be concerned about her and love her forever, she will one day join with another, and they will have their own life and destiny.

And without my faith I wouldn't have my family. Yaweh is above all things. To put anything above Him is treacherous ground. By putting Him first I am given the desires of my heart. I do this not because I seek the desires of my heart, but because He first sought after me.

Eh, guess you'd have to have a wife and daughter and faith to truly understand. But, as I said, if you wish to further discuss this, please PM me. For now though I'm off to build a fire on this cool autumn night!
                I was hoping you were going to "resist the bait" (because that's what it was - baiting) but I'm glad now that you didn't. I think this a very thoughtful and very sweet explanation and I commend you for it.
                "You cannot reason with your own heart;
                it has it's own laws and beats about things
                which the intellect scorns."
                - Mark Twain -

Comment

Originally posted by Just the Zat's Ma'am

I think that may be the nicest post I've ever read. Thank you for sharing that.

Comment

Working...
                  X