This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Poorly designed Sg1 cases.

I recently bought season 4 and 9 of Stargate SG1, and man the cases are really poorly manufactured. In both box sets one of the disc cases had a broken piece. The piece that broke was the one that holds the discs in place. This really pissed me off since I paid $50 total. Is this common or did I just get unlucky?

With the new "slim" cases introduced a few years ago, this is common, the old ones were thick and individually cased and very heavy duty. I would just be extra careful with the slim cases, which is what I do.

Vala,

Comment

Yeah, I prefer the thin cases, but this can happen. Luckily, there are multiple online retailers that you can buy the double thin cases from for a pretty cheap price if you want to replace them. I would return them to the store if you just bought them though.

Comment

Originally posted by Vala_M View Post
        With the new "slim" cases introduced a few years ago, this is common, the old ones were thick and individually cased and very heavy duty.
        I've had the same thing happen to the standard keepcases on several occasions, yet never with a slimcase.
        Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

Originally posted by Ugly Pig View Post
          I've had the same thing happen to the standard keepcases on several occasions, yet never with a slimcase.

Yeah. It can happen to any of them. In my experience, anything that comes with the clear, hard plastic holders is the most likely to break (like some of the Smallville sets for example). Fortunately none of the Gate sets use those.

Comment

Working...
          X