This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Complete series box says "Asguard" instead of "Asgard"

At least the captioning does , in 5th race on multiple occasions.

So is it really Asgard? How would we know it's Asgard as I'm sure there is nothing spelled out in the series itself anywhere except for subtitles?

But it does sound stupid

Asgard, Asgaard, Asguard and Asgård

pick any, i don't care
    sigpic
    EMBRACE DEMOCRACY, OR YOU WILL BE ERADICATED
    -Liberty Prime

Comment

Originally posted by Dutch_Razor View Post
      At least the captioning does , in 5th race on multiple occasions.

So is it really Asgard? How would we know it's Asgard as I'm sure there is nothing spelled out in the series itself anywhere except for subtitles?

But it does sound stupid
      It's always written "Asgard" in stuff on Stargate sites, MGM's site, Sci-Fi's site, and writer blogs.
      Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
      Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Ah thought so, but don't captions/subtitles have some sort of caninocial thing? Probably not though.

I did notice some other errors in it, like saying "does" instead of "doesn't" (very confusing for the deaf people I presume), spelling errors and such, but hey for 100 euros cheaper than the Dutch edition I'm willing to cope with it

Comment

Asgard!

Captions are often wrong.

Comment

According to wikipedia:

Asgard, Ásgarðr, Ásgard, Ásegard, Ásgardr, Asgardr, Ásgarthr, Ásgarth, Asgarth, Esageard, Ásgardhr, Asgård, Åsgård, Asgaard, Aasgaard, and Ásgarður.

Use any of those:|. But personally I find Asgard and Asgaard the easiest to spell on a North American english standard QWERTY keyboard.

Comment

Jeffala's sig says it all. A-S-G-A-R-D
              sigpic

Comment

I have a copy of 'Stargate SG-1 : The Essential Scripts'. The shooting script for 'The Fifth Race' is in it and it spells it Asguard lol

Comment

Originally posted by Dobberman View Post
                  I have a copy of 'Stargate SG-1 : The Essential Scripts'. The shooting script for 'The Fifth Race' is in it and it spells it Asguard lol
                  See, even the writers are wrong.

Comment

Since the SGC is in Colorado, it's ASGARD.

"I aim to misbehave." - Capt. Mal Reynolds

"Alien locale is no excuse for lack of pineapples." - DP

WALLACE: And if I don't?
                    O'NEILL: We'll beam you up to our spaceship.

Comment

Originally posted by Jill_Ion View Post
                      Since the SGC is in Colorado, it's ASGARD.
                      lol that makes perfect sense
                      || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

personally i go by the school of thought that says 'Who the hell cares?'

It doesn't matter whether it's Asgard or Asguard. People still know what you're on about.
                        Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Just keep it as ASGARD for the sake of simplicity
                          Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

but isn't insisting that it's ASGARD making a simple situation into a complex one. I mean I know that the correct spelling from Norse mythology is ASGARD, but does it serriously matter if a 'U' is inserted in the word? Like I dunno..........here:

*walks over to the word ASGARD and draws in a giant U to make it ASGUARD..............Everyone in the thread gasps..........*

and besides. Look how many different ways people spell Gould/Goa'uld (there are many more than those two) yet I've never seen any issue with it. Nor have I seen any debate or arguement on any other mis-spelled name.
                            Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

It's a fictional universe, if it's spealt in the same way as the asgard of norse mythology it can be spelt in many ways, most commonly asgard, but really we all know what we mean when someone says asguard. I just prefer asgard as that's how it's spelt in the norse mythology.
                              Best quotes ever:
                              O’NEILL: I hope you like Guinness, Sir. I find it a refreshing substitute for food.
                              Jack O'neill: I hope you diplomatically told him where to shove it.
                              Teal'c:If you once again try to harm me or one of my companions, my patience with you will expire.
                              Carter: You know, you blow up one sun and suddenly everyone expects you to walk on water.
                              Thor:I like the yellow ones
                              O´Neill:Hey, if you had been listening, you´d know that Nintendos pass through everything.

Comment

Working...
                              X