• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'The Last Man' (420) General Discussion

Visit the Episode Guide
    STARGATE ATLANTIS - SEASON FOUR
    EPISODE NUMBER - 420

Sheppard returns to Atlantis after a mission and finds the city abandoned, all systems dead -- and instead of ocean, sand dunes as far as the eye can see.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 04 February 2021, 01:14 AM.

Todd and General Lorne!!!!!!! woohoo!!

Comment

Probably the best finale EVER!!!

Comment

Wow. Im extremely confused.

Comment

I don't know why Rodney's explanation of how all the major players died seemed kind forced.

Funniest part was where the holo - Rodney's memory got a little fuzzy on whether or not Zelenka was actually there helping get sam's ship "The Phoenix" in order.

Holy Cliff hanger ending too.

At least the aging make-up looked far better in this episode than it did in SG-1s season 10 finale.

Comment

Now that's how you end a season !!!!!!!!
            https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Ronan goes down working side by side with a wraith. I guess that is irony.
              Also irony that they seemed to spend the most time on the two new characters fate. Teyla lost out again on any kind of character development.

I did like Carters "end" here much better then in unending though.
              Also I must say....OMFG Woolsey looks worse in those stupid new uniforms than Carter does. For the love of god REPLACE THE UNIFORMS...or leave Woolsey in civvies next year.

So will carter get a ship? Is that how she will be written off the show, that would be nice.

Mckay and Keller ship eh...meh....blah.... No ships except space ships and as few of those as possible on Stargate is my motto.

Loren makes general I think was written just for Shadowmaat

Why does Michael have a black and white TV hooked up to all his super gear?
              Oh Nooos will they ever survive?

I liked the ep well enough, except for the very end. I didn’t find it particularly suspenseful just a standard annoying end of season cliffhanger.
              Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

I wonder what they did with Carson

Comment

damn evil TBC,

but i do love the Gen. Lorne part though...

and a tear jerker as well...

is it safe to say i want S5 right now.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by technoextreme View Post
                    Wow. Im extremely confused.
                    how so??
                    https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by AGateFan View Post

I liked the ep well enough, except for the very end. I didn’t find it particularly suspenseful just a standard annoying end of season cliffhanger.
                      Completely agree with your last bit It's not like they are really going to die.. why show everything collapsing in on them..

Comment

Awesome episode.

Interesting cliffhanger in the end

Spoiler:
                        I hope everyone survived the building collapsing in the end...
                        sigpic
                        Don't touch Lola

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
                          how so??
                          Im trying to think of the logical continuation. They clearly are screwed in the last scene but how do they get out of it.
                          It's not like they are really going to die.. why show everything collapsing in on them..
                          Actually that's one of my theories. McKay survives and then tells Shepard via a hologram in the future that Scooty Puff Scooters suck.

Comment

Haha I think I really liked this episode but I guess I was a bit disappointed that it was mostly made up of AU flashbacks. Nevertheless its still one of my favorite S4 episodes, better than Kindred IMO. Sorta reminded me of Voyager's "Year of Hell" especially the part where Sam rams into the Hive ship just just like when Janeway rammed into the Krenim ship. And this was also a lot like SG-1's "2010" but told from a different perspective.

I can see what you mean by Rodney's explanations of everyone's fates being forced, but that's just what it was supposed to be. Sheppard asking what happened to all his teammates was the plot device used to show us what happened in the AU when Sheppard disappeared.

And as for the ending...well I liked it better than last season's.
                            Folding@Home|Babylon 5 Canon Guide

Delenn: This is Ambassador Delenn of the Minbari. Babylon 5 is under our protection. Withdraw,...or be destroyed.
                            Earth Captain: Negative. We have authority here. Do not force us to engage your ship.
                            Delenn: Why not? Only one human captain has ever survived battle with a Minbari fleet. He is behind me. You are in front of me. If you value your lives, be somewhere else.
                            --Babylon 5 - "Severed Dreams"

Comment

One thing.. WTF

Talk about your endings...

Comment

Working...
                              X