No announcement yet.

Ji Yeon (407)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

if the coffin folks are referring to is the one jack visits...it can't be jin. Sun is home, even hiding from her dad, i can't see Jin's death being unremembered by everyone, and i also can't see him going to the US and letting sun - who's preggers with his child - go home to daddy

the coffin jack visited had no mourners. someone died and no one cared/liked hi/her enough to mourn them.

ben? Juliette? michael? (especially if walt is still on the island) Sawyer? whomever it is is someone that no one mourned or was allowed to mourn
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Darren View Post
      The flash-forwards are part of the story of LOST, just as much as the flash-backs are. It's not one possible future -- that's just not how this story is being told. If it were one possible future and the point of Seasons 4, 5, and 6 was to avert it, it would be pointless to tell those future stories.
      but if that really is the one & only future then might as well consider it the present (and the story on the island, flashbacks (and the parts before the island, flashbackbacks or flashflashbacks))
      kinda takes away most of the intrigue if we know exactly how it's all gonna end beforehand (though we'd know it ain't a happy end, so at least that would change from the usual "happy endings" flavour)

there have already been time travel phenomena in the series, with the present timeline being altered (s4 the constant) so I reckon there could perhaps be another one where Desmond, or someone else, "travels" into the future (as known by the viewers so far), his knowing future events would inevitably alter his present actions, and thus the timeline. kinda like Back To The Future but without the De Lorean

Comment

It's certainly possible, but that traditional sci-fi plot device doesn't seem to be the way that the writers are telling the story of LOST. What makes it such a unique series is that it is not entirely linear. For three years we've been seeing the middle of the story (Island) filled out by the beginning of the story (Pre-Island life). The flash-forward reveal at the end of Season Three was a huge shift in this because the writers revealed that they were doing to also tell the end of the story (Post-Island life) at the same time as the beginning and the middle.

It's totally unique, and that's part of what makes it so great.

JMS did it a tiny, tiny bit in B5. The point of Sheridan's flash-forwards in "War Without End" were NOT to show a dark future that he had to try and avert; for Joe the interesting thing was to let the audience know something about the end point, then tell the story of how things got to be that way and finally to reveal the full context of just what was going on in the Centauri Palace.
        GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
        The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
        Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

well like I said I certainly hope it ain't entirely linear - especially knowing s4 will be the last :/

Spoiler:
          I'm really gonna have to watch B5 one of these days. the only ep I ever watched (or was it a movie ? a pilot perhaps) was in german and was about a war between humans & aliens called minbaris with the latter being more advanced (they had beam weapons whereas humans only had pulse weapons) and the war had started because of a misunderstanding or something (the human ship attacked first 'cause they felt threatened). IIRC there was also a doctor who refused to put his knowledge of minbari biology into making a genetic bioweapon at the military's behest (to turn the tide of the war)

/OT

Comment

Originally posted by SoulRe@ver View Post
            well like I said I certainly hope it ain't entirely linear - especially knowing s4 will be the last :/
            season six will be the last

Comment

Originally posted by marty2006
              season six will be the last
              6 seasons ?

source ?

Comment

Originally posted by SoulRe@ver View Post
                6 seasons ?

source ?
                damon lindeloff and carlton cuse also abc themselves, it was supposed to be 5 season but abc wanted it another season so season 5 and 6 will only have 16 episodes instead of 24

Comment

that's good news...

though the flashback and even the flashforward thing will have gotten old by then...
                  what will they come up with next, "flashasides" ?

Comment

Lol whos knows but i know ill never get bored with it

Comment

flash forwards rock!

Comment

Working...
                      X