• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Other Woman (406)

Visit the Episode GuideLOST SEASON FOUR
    THE OTHER WOMAN
    EPISODE NUMBER - 406

A woman from Juliet's past puts her and Jack on the trail of Daniel and Charlotte, who are looking for a Dharma station to carry out their secret agenda.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >
    Last edited by Darren; 06 March 2008, 06:07 PM.

That was awesome. I love a little more back story with Juliette. Ben is crazy and Lock is an idiot. He's so screwed and doesn't even know it! Great, great episode.
    sigpic

Comment

An interesting episode. Ben's definitely a few chevrons short of a stargate, but his manipulation of Locke in this episode was brilliantly played. By giving Locke exactly what he wants, and gaining some basic freedom, he's sown the seeds of distrust among the other members of camp Locke. If Ben is free, there's no way the Sawyer's going to trust him, and I'm pretty sure folks are more willing to trust Sawyer's opinion than Locke's anyway.

The fact that the DHARMA Initiative had a system to distribute a gas to kill everyone on the Island in place in advance is extremely disturbing. It's likely that the stations themselves were isolated, particularly the Swan and the Looking Glass, and weren't affected by the initial purge by the Others. Ben's obsession with Juliet is also rather unnerving. It's likely that she reminds him of either his mother or his friend Annie (whom the producers have hinted is of monumental importance to the storyline!).

Charles Widmore's involvement isn't at all surprising to me. I've expected it was him since we learned about the freighter folks. He certainly has the resources. His interest in the Island also explains why he was interested in the Black Rock diary last episode. Although I'm very curious as to how he's learned so much about the Island, especially to the point where he knows or at least suspects Ben's importance to it. The fact that Faraday and Charlotte had a map is also suspicious.

Overall, *** stars
      Spoiler:
      Check out my fanfiction! http://www.fanfiction.net/~memnarch

Comment

I'll put this in spoiler tags even though it's just my prediction but, anyone else think that

Spoiler:

Michael

will be Ben's "guy on the boat"?
        "For now, you are in need of food and rest, and I am in need of armor"

Comment

Originally posted by ItsDan View Post
          I'll put this in spoiler tags even though it's just my prediction but, anyone else think that

Spoiler:

Michael

will be Ben's "guy on the boat"?
          I'd say its near certain, I've had that suspecion since Ben mentioned that he had a man on the boat
          A word of advice... there are creatures that live between this dimension and the next, fiendish creatures that feast on the suffering of an entire world to satiate their eternal hunger. Support the Gateworld Cantina or suffer the fate of all who fall into the clutches of the 'Eladrith Ynneas'

Comment

yes its michael without a shadow of a doubt, pretty much common knowledge tbh however they had harold perrineau aka michael in the credits for this episode and he didnt appear in it

Comment

surely if ben is so dangerous why doesnt just put a bullet in him, i mean it wouldnt exactly be in cold blood and would be more sensible than what lockes doing

Comment

Originally posted by dosed150 View Post
                surely if ben is so dangerous why doesnt just put a bullet in him, i mean it wouldnt exactly be in cold blood and would be more sensible than what lockes doing
                Information... When ever anyone decides to do that, he comes up with some gem of information that makes him indispensable
                A word of advice... there are creatures that live between this dimension and the next, fiendish creatures that feast on the suffering of an entire world to satiate their eternal hunger. Support the Gateworld Cantina or suffer the fate of all who fall into the clutches of the 'Eladrith Ynneas'

Comment

Juliet has just risen to the rank of my favourite character on the show, best written female character played by the best actress on the show by far. Oh, and another great episode.

Comment

Another station is revealed! The Tempest. Good to see some more meat being added to past events to give them more of a foundation. Again there is mention of Ana Lucia. The situation in Locke's camp is becoming a little nuts. I hope there are some big events on that front soon. Nice to see Claire put her foot in it with Locke, definately sets up a revolution, as Ben hinted. Poor Goodwin, this string of events definately makes me feel more for the Others.
                    sigpic

Comment

ok folks, am I the only one to think severa things here don't add up ?

1) everything points to Ben wanting the entire island gassed (for whatever reason), yet Ben himself wasn't safe where he was in the camp - surely he wasn't willing to risk his own life ?

2) if Charlotte & Daniel really did want to stop the gas from being released, why didn't they simply tell Jack & co. about it, instead of sneaking away & arousing more suspicion (which nearly got everyone killed when Juliette almost stopped Daniel from terminating the process)

Comment

Because they been told not to trust anyone on the island, it simply they or more precisely Charlotte still harbor doubts that Jack gang have not join up with ben gang and are in fact just all working together to kill them and the freighter crew. so they are keeping them out of the loop. Plus I reckon their was more they were doing in that station,which I think was some kind power station than they told Jack and Gang, for one we know Faraday aim is something to do time travel, their a good bet that they were actually re powering the other stations and powering up the orchid for Faraday time traveling mission.

The fact that Dharm has a system is not that disturbing, they were under constant attack from who could just vanished in a blink of an eye like Juliet friend did. What I fine strange if they had such a system in place why did not they used it.

I guesting Widmore bought the knowledge off the black market , as the DHARMA initiative seem to be well and truly over.

Another possible more likely reason given the video tape is that he simply captured and tortured member of what organization Ben has set up off Island.
                        Last edited by knowles2; 08 March 2008, 01:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by knowles2
                          Because they been told not to trust anyone on the island, it simply they or more precisely Charlotte still harbor doubts that Jack gang have not join up with ben gang and are in fact just all working together to kill them and the freighter crew.
                          given that Jack & co were far more suspicious of the boat people than the other way around, that is doubtful (and hey, it's the boat ppl who had the gas masks, not the losties). besides, they knew long since that Jack & co were the "real" losties ie. the passengers of flight 815, and that they were the ones awaiting rescue. ultimately Daniel & Charlotte had absolutely no reasonwhatsoever to leave Jack in the dark about the whole toxic gas thing. furthermore, how the hell did they even know about the imminent gas release in the first place ? something stinks about all this, I say Daniel & Charlotee may not be as "innocent" as they were made out to be

that's yet another plot hole actually - who initiated the countdown in the 1st place ? (and why ?)

Comment

Originally posted by SoulRe@ver View Post
                            given that Jack & co were far more suspicious of the boat people than the other way around, that is doubtful (and hey, it's the boat ppl who had the gas masks, not the losties). besides, they knew long since that Jack & co were the "real" losties ie. the passengers of flight 815, and that they were the ones awaiting rescue. ultimately Daniel & Charlotte had absolutely no reasonwhatsoever to leave Jack in the dark about the whole toxic gas thing. furthermore, how the hell did they even know about the imminent gas release in the first place ? something stinks about all this, I say Daniel & Charlotee may not be as "innocent" as they were made out to be

that's yet another plot hole actually - who initiated the countdown in the 1st place ? (and why ?)

Charlotte and Daniel initiated the countdown when they were destroying the gas, appearantly the only way to render it inert risked setting of the system and thus the reason they had the gas masks with them.

C & D could easily have suspected that one or more of the losties was really working for the islanders and would therefore try to prevent the gas system from being destroyed.

On the whole this was my least favorite episode of the season, I´ve come to prefer the flash forwards rather then the flashbacks.

Comment

Originally posted by Wyrminarrd
                              Charlotte and Daniel initiated the countdown when they were destroying the gas, appearantly the only way to render it inert risked setting of the system and thus the reason they had the gas masks with them.

C & D could easily have suspected that one or more of the losties was really working for the islanders and would therefore try to prevent the gas system from being destroyed.
                              k so Ben didn't want the island gassed either (makes more sense actually :-)

but still, if C&D's intentions really were genuine, wouldn't it have been a lot safer to just leave the gas as it was (the islanders were doing fine all these years) rather than embark on an extremely risky enterprise to destroy it ? I mean it's not like neutralizing the gas was a simple thing, as it involved the risk of doing far more harm than good (they came to what, 2 seconds close to a catastrophe ? not really worth the odds, I'd say)

Comment

Working...
                              X