No announcement yet.

The Constant (405)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yeah but under such circumstances his reaction is surprising (if he did recover his mems)

losing one' s memory all of a sudden is one thing, recovering it all of a sudden is another

remember this was Desmond with several years missing, talking to Penny - in other words as far as he knew, the island, sayid, daniel, the boat, the hatch, dharma & a whole lot of other things never occurred (and "a lot" is an understatement, we got to know Desmond as an active kind of bloke which means he must have been through quite a few adventures during those last years) and then the next thing he knows he finds himself with 8 full, fresh new years of life, *poof* out of the blue - like an instant personality download, matrix-style but a whole lot bigger in terms of data. I don't know about you folks, but a normal human would have more likely panicked - in a heart-attack or brain-explosion kinda way

Comment

Originally posted by SoulRe@ver View Post
      yeah but under such circumstances his reaction is surprising (if he did recover his mems)

losing one' s memory all of a sudden is one thing, recovering it all of a sudden is another

remember this was Desmond with several years missing, talking to Penny - in other words as far as he knew, the island, sayid, daniel, the boat, the hatch, dharma & a whole lot of other things never occurred (and "a lot" is an understatement, we got to know Desmond as an active kind of bloke which means he must have been through quite a few adventures during those last years) and then the next thing he knows he finds himself with 8 full, fresh new years of life, *poof* out of the blue - like an instant personality download, matrix-style but a whole lot bigger in terms of data. I don't know about you folks, but a normal human would have more likely panicked - in a heart-attack or brain-explosion kinda way

Depends on how all of this really works, it could be more like the "current" Desmond all of a sudden remembering not the last eight years but more like him remembering being without his memories. To put it more precise he remembers being without his real memories for a short period of time but doesn´t feel like he ever lost them.

Then again he could simply be to happy to really give his memories much of a thought

Comment

yeah maybe it depends on how it works, but seeing how he reacted when he lost his memories (he found himself on a helicopter & the only unfamiliar thing at the moment was the chopper & the 2 people with him yet that was enough to send him off his bonkers) - imagine how he should feel with not just a few seconds, but 8 full years of unfamiliar events suddenly popping in his head

then again maybe he must (would ?) be better off without those memories, in which case a brief recap from his (new) friends would suffice

Comment

When Sayid asked him how he was, didn't he say "perfect"? If he were still lacking some memories he'd probably say "I will be..." or some such. T'is the way of American TV. Perfect implies that he's back to normal.

The center of Khlysty surrounds me

Comment

or maybe he was just being vain :|

Comment

Great episode, i know i couldn't count on my family to be my constant they keep changing there number
              sigpic
              May the odds be ever in your Favor ! oh and please say hello to me on Skype and Facebook

Comment

Really confused about Desmond

Comment

really this Episodes is cool...I love this Episode....

Comment

Working...
                  X