Page 70 of 294 FirstFirst ... 206067686970 71727380120170 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,400 of 5874

Thread: Continuing Stargate

Default Re: Continuing SG-1

Cool ep,it was great.

Havent read it all but noticed something. In order to dial to other galaxis, shouldnt you have to use 8 chevrons, instead of only 7? Isnt the gate on pegasus?

Quote Originally Posted by Steelbox View Post
    Havent read it all but noticed something. In order to dial to other galaxis, shouldnt you have to use 8 chevrons, instead of only 7? Isnt the gate on pegasus?
    i was just going to say that

it was a good episode so i would give 4*s out of 10
    get the rep

Quote Originally Posted by Steelbox View Post
    Did I only say seven when Earth was dialing Pegasus...? Oops, I'll fix that.
    Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
    Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Okay, the original post is finally full! So to make more room, I'm going to post the season-long lists on here and link 'em to the front page. Don't be alarmed haha
    Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
    Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Last edited by s09119; February 1st, 2009 at 08:16 AM.

Season 13:

13x01 "Inroads, Part 1" (Part 2 of 3)
    13x02 "Inroads, Part 2" (Part 3 of 3) (1/2)
    13x03 "The Oracle" (1/2)
    13x04 "Routed" (1/2)
    13x05 "Five Stories"
    13x06 "Frontlines" (1/2)
    13x07 "Equilibrium" (1/2)
    13x08 "Behind Enemy Lines" (Part 1 of 2) (1/2)
    13x09 "Friendly Fire" (Part 2 of 2)
    13x10 "Rogues, Part 1" (Part 1 of 2) (1/2)
    13x11 "Rogues, Part 2" (Part 2 of 2) (1/2)
    13x12 "The Emissary" (1/2)
    13x13 "Double Entente" (1/2/3)
    13x14 "A Family Affair" (1/2)
    13x15 "Pandora" (1/2)
    13x16 "Cold War" (1/2/3)
    13x17 "Blue Zone" (1/2/3)
    13x18 "It Takes a Thief" (1/2)
    13x19 "The Time Traveler" (1/2/3)
    13x20 "Xenocide" (Part 1 of 2) (1/2)

Season 14:

14x01 "Total War" (Part 2 of 2) (1/2)
    14x02 "Growing Pains" (1/2)
    14x03 "Resistance" (1/2)
    14x04 "The Coming Storm" (1/2)
    14x05 "Conflict of Interests"
    14x06 "Traitors" (1/2)
    14x07 "Final Exam" (1/2)
    14x08 "The Station" (1/2)
    14x09 "Coventry" (1/2)
    14x10 "Shadows of the Past" (Part 1 of 2) (1/2)
    14x11 "Lost and Found" (Part 2 of 2) (1/2/3)
    14x12 "The First Amendment" (1/2)
    14x13 "Tet" (1/2/3)
    14x14 "Kingdom Come" (1/2/3)
    14x15 "The Higher Planes" (1/2)
    14x16 "Flight of the Phoenix" (1/2)
    14x17 "Pandora's Box" (1/2)
    14x18 "United We Stand" (Part 1 of 2) (1/2)
    14x19 "Divided We Fall" (Part 2 of 2) (1/2/3)
    14x20 "Star By Star" (1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8)*

* Feature-length film
    Last edited by s09119; June 18th, 2009 at 10:48 AM.

I have two questions, how was the rescue jumper able to reach the other dimension? And why would Pandora leave a "box" that was guarded by unbeatable guards, and not leave anyone a password?
    Also two things about your writing, one is that several times you introduce sure fire keys to success against the Der'kal, (The Station anyone?) that either sg-1 destroys, or loses, and then they disappear right off the map. It seems that two or three forty minute episodes dedicated two one object would yield something. Although we might see the box or the station again, I'm kinda disappointed by the conclusions of those arcs. The other thing is that to me your endings seem kind of rushed, liked you want to get them out, or you could just be tired of the episode. However even though I hate the wait, it's worth it for a story that takes a page and half to build, and doesn't come crashing down in the last few paragraphs.
    But overall its really brilliant writing, and an amazing story. Keep up the good work!!
    p.s. I am a bit picky and I might be the only one who feels this way.

Quote Originally Posted by Fettucchini View Post
    I have two questions, how was the rescue jumper able to reach the other dimension? And why would Pandora leave a "box" that was guarded by unbeatable guards, and not leave anyone a password?
    Also two things about your writing, one is that several times you introduce sure fire keys to success against the Der'kal, (The Station anyone?) that either sg-1 destroys, or loses, and then they disappear right off the map. It seems that two or three forty minute episodes dedicated two one object would yield something. Although we might see the box or the station again, I'm kinda disappointed by the conclusions of those arcs. The other thing is that to me your endings seem kind of rushed, liked you want to get them out, or you could just be tired of the episode. However even though I hate the wait, it's worth it for a story that takes a page and half to build, and doesn't come crashing down in the last few paragraphs.
    But overall its really brilliant writing, and an amazing story. Keep up the good work!!
    p.s. I am a bit picky and I might be the only one who feels this way.
    On the rescue jumper: Carter deactivated Pandora's phase-shift device when they found the control room.

On the guards: The point was to keep any races who weren't advanced enough out of the way. Once you get to the Box itself, she was fairly confident you were the one meant to use it (and for all we know it could've been coded for Ancients and humans only, really).

On "The Station": That arc isn't finished yet...

On this episode: This one was a little rushed at the end, because people here tend to get annoyed when these don't roll out like clockwork. I had some free time so I flew through it to get it out, but everything I wanted to get done is there.

As for the Box itself... come on, if Earth had a weapon like that, the war would be over

Yea I figured I was just being picky. My point about the guards wasn't that the humans couldn't beat them, but that not even ancient tech could, how advanced did you have to be? Still and makes sense, and now that those questions are answered it will contribute to my overall reading enjoyability. Again Keep up the great work

Quote Originally Posted by Fettucchini View Post
    Yea I figured I was just being picky. My point about the guards wasn't that the humans couldn't beat them, but that not even ancient tech could, how advanced did you have to be? Still and makes sense, and now that those questions are answered it will contribute to my overall reading enjoyability. Again Keep up the great work
    Pandora knew how the Ori were, and that there were bound to be races capable of attaining Ancient technology. She designed the drones so that they could defend her outpost from any possible attack, no matter who it came from... even her own people, if the High Council ever found her base.

Quote Originally Posted by s09119 View Post
    This one was a little rushed at the end, because people here tend to get annoyed when these don't roll out like clockwork.
    Maybe you should put up a big 'No B1tching' sign. Then you could take your time with your quality work.
    http://forum.gateworld.net/picture.p...ictureid=12414

Fav Stargate Quotes

Spoiler:
    Thanks! It'll be a walk in the park ... a very scary park, filled with monsters who are trying to kill me.

I like the yellow ones.

Operation "This Will Most Likely End Badly" is a go.

OH CRAP!!!

You need someone dumber than you are.... You may have come to the right place.

Why is it called a box?

Shouldn't it be "Pandora's Sphere"?

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Tom View Post
    Why is it called a box?

Shouldn't it be "Pandora's Sphere"?
    o.O

You know, I never even thought of that haha. I suppose the canonical reason would be that it's a container for a weapon of devastating power... container = box?

I'd call it Pandora's Ball, but that sounds more like a fancy dinner function than a weapon of mass destruction.

Quote Originally Posted by Vampyr View Post
    I'd call it Pandora's Ball, but that sounds more like a fancy dinner function than a weapon of mass destruction.

Okay, I'm working on a little side project for this, too... it should be ready to unveil (but by no means completed) by the time "Star By Star" airs... so look forward to that!

And a preview for "United We Stand" will be up soon.

Quote Originally Posted by s09119 View Post
    Okay, I'm working on a little side project for this, too... it should be ready to unveil (but by no means completed) by the time "Star By Star" airs... so look forward to that!

And a preview for "United We Stand" will be up soon.
    Would it be that future SG thing?

Chief Master Sergeant

I am disapointed that Pandora's Box was so quickly lost. I am not sure if it is ment to be found again or what, but it seemed to be such a big plot line for the defeat of the Der'kal. I guess I say the box as something along the lines of the AOT. I do not mean to be picky becuase I love the story. I guess it was a little bit of a let down after the anticipation for this episode.

S. - Keep up the good work. I cannot wait for more on all of your stories.