No announcement yet.

Continuing Stargate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

*chuckle* ^ ^ ^ ah readers, what are they for?

Did imagine Cam quipping as the gate dialed that "if this is actually an alien invasion, were be screwed..." but it would properly not be apprioate

So where are you jetting off on holiday s09119, before you sit down and tackle Atlantis? And any plan how long ATLANTIS is going to run for?

And are Teyla and Ronon going to get proper story arcs?

And will we find more out about John Sheppard?

And discover what the **** the ninth chevron is for on the Gates?

And what does Todd eat for breakfast?

(Oh wait, i've suddenly realised what fans are there for: annoying the heck out of the writer! )
    [''... I laugh at your reality..''][ STARGATE FAN COMIC: 'Hallowed Turf' ] [-DeviantArt-] [ ".... and a seagull."]

sigpic

Comment

I have been an avid reader of this series since I first stumbled upon Gateworld. I am not a regular poster, but felt that I had to now. Absolutely terrific series. Loved the ending and how the series came full circle. I must say that yours is the best Stargate fan fiction I have read. I eagerly await your take on Atlantis and Universe.

Thank you for all of the blood, sweat, and tears you've put into this. While I am sad that tonight will be possibly the last Stargate on screen possibly ever, having dedicated and creative writers like you carrying on the story does not make it seem so bad....

Comment

Originally posted by Choo1701 View Post
        *chuckle* ^ ^ ^ ah readers, what are they for?

Did imagine Cam quipping as the gate dialed that "if this is actually an alien invasion, were be screwed..." but it would properly not be apprioate
        Yes, awesome but totally moment-ruining

So where are you jetting off on holiday s09119, before you sit down and tackle Atlantis? And any plan how long ATLANTIS is going to run for?
        Um, jetting off to Boston City Hall to work some more. Exciting life, I know.

And there may be a mini-project before I start SGA, we'll see how interested I am in the subject and get back to you by tonight or tomorrow.

And are Teyla and Ronon going to get proper story arcs?
        Every character will get focus time, yes, but I don't know about full story arcs rivaling the main plot. Obviously there will be developments; SG-1 had plenty, with Carter's bloodthirsty change of character in S15 and the loss of Jack, and things like Vala's seasons-long struggle as to where her true loyalties lied. But I don't know if we'll see anything like the "Teyla's baby" arc.

And will we find more out about John Sheppard?
        I would assume so seeing as he's the main character haha.

And discover what the **** the ninth chevron is for on the Gates?
        I think SGU will handle that one.

And what does Todd eat for breakfast?
        Humans with a side of humans and some humans to cleanse the palate.

Originally posted by Supreme Wraith Commander View Post
        I have been an avid reader of this series since I first stumbled upon Gateworld. I am not a regular poster, but felt that I had to now. Absolutely terrific series. Loved the ending and how the series came full circle. I must say that yours is the best Stargate fan fiction I have read. I eagerly await your take on Atlantis and Universe.

Thank you for all of the blood, sweat, and tears you've put into this. While I am sad that tonight will be possibly the last Stargate on screen possibly ever, having dedicated and creative writers like you carrying on the story does not make it seem so bad....
        Well thank you, that really means a lot to hear. Watching "Gauntlet" is definitely going to be difficult, but it's been an awesome ride for well over a decade and I'm glad I got to be a part of it.
        Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
        Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

hi
          want to know : 1. what is the timeline of "continuing stargate?
          are there any sam/jack moment? any connection to sgu erea?
          in which stories? any jack moment? there are so many episodes...
          are jack and sam are together in this continuation?
          thanks

roni
          Last edited by roni123; 09 May 2011, 11:49 PM.

Comment

So S09, is the ending of Gauntlet going to demand any changes in the story you have planned for your SGU continuation?

BTW, fantastic job with the last episode of SG1.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by roni123 View Post
              hi
              are there any sam/jack moment? any connection to sgu erea?
              thanks

roni
              Go to the first page for the timeline. scroll down a bit and you will find it. yes and a great sam/jack arc it is. not really connected to SGU as of yet (This started before that, but I expect the SGU continuation to link back to SG1 and atlantis) and I'm not going to ruin anything, just read the story. It may take all summer, but its totally worth it!

PS

WORTH IT
              Check out my music on Youtube and iCompositions.com

http://www.youtube.com/user/phildebrand2http://www.icompositions.com/artists/olympus/
              sigpic

Enjoy!

Comment

Originally posted by EvilSpaceAlien View Post
                So S09, is the ending of Gauntlet going to demand any changes in the story you have planned for your SGU continuation?

BTW, fantastic job with the last episode of SG1.
                Maybe. I still like the plot I have, and I think I can make it work with what we saw in the finale with only minor tweaks. "Gauntlet" was too beautiful to change.

As to roni123's question, I'm sorry but I'll have to answer you later on tonight. I need to run to work and I'm already a bit late. Apologies!
                Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Started reading this about two years ago, hadn't been moved enough to register though until now. As I'd in no way be able to express anything new, all I can add is a simple thank your for 6 wonderful seasons.

As timing had it, I read the last episode at a hotel in Cairo (perhaps one favoured by Daniel), having spent the morning on the giza plateau, which brought a personal full circle of over a decade of stargate to an end at a wonderful way.

Comment

hi,
                    do you mean that there will be continuation of sgu( fanfiction) thats will include sam/jack moments?

Comment

What do you mean exactly? If Sam/Jack will be on Universe? I don't think so maybe an guest appearance here and there.
                      sigpic
                      - SteamID user since 2005 -- you can add me - visit steam translation server brazil @ Steelbox

Comment

DAMN. That was a long read. Well worth the effort, though. I just have to say that this is an incredible story. Absolutely cannot wait to see what you do with SGA and SGU.
                        Last edited by MaverickSawyer; 10 May 2011, 03:57 PM. Reason: typos

Comment

Originally posted by roni123 View Post
                          hi
                          Do you mean the timeline as in how it takes place relative to the actual shows? If so, it's the same thing as real life; one season equals roughly one year, starting with the final episode of SG-1.

are there any sam/jack moment?
                          Oh, plenty. I always was a S/J shipper.

any connection to sgu erea?
                          Continuing Stargate runs alongside SGA and SGU, so yes. A few episodes now have actually mentioned plots from both shows, and additional episodes of each will be written.

Oh god, I couldn't tell you all the moments they have by each episode, there are over a hundred installments and even I haven't memorized them all. But at the risk of spoiling those who haven't finished yet:
                          Spoiler:
                          Yes, Sam and Jack eventually get married. Though it's during what is arguably SG-1's darkest hour.

Comment

Wow, what a satisfying conclusion. First "Epilogue" and then "Gauntlet". How wonderful.

Comment

Interim project: Updating SG-1
                              So I have a bit of an announcement to make. First off, thank you to everyone who's read up to now and who gave feedback on the SG-1 series finale, "Epilogue." Especially to those who have either registered or crawled out of long-time lurking to post, you have no idea just how rewarding something like that is. I hope all of you will stick around on GateWorld even if you have no interest in my SGA or SGU continuations.

Now to the news: I know everyone is excited for me to get working on the next chapter, but I'm going to throw the breaks on for a bit. As some of my older readers may recall, I had a few hiccups along the way with SG-1... you know, episodes that weren't finished in time, rushed plots, confused writing, and poor organization of ideas in the case of S11 most of all. So, as promised, I'm going to fix that. Starting with the Season 11 premiere, "Darkest Before Dawn," I'm going to go back and bring the continuation up to date with the standards I set for myself as of S16. I don't want to have to leave the warning at the start of the thread telling people just how rough this is at times. And I've talked to some people who were just turned away by how poorly written the first season was, as it was never meant to launch this whole thing.

So here we go. The official "Continuing SG-1 Relaunch"!

Comment

11x01 "Darkest Before Dawn"
                                Synopsis: Deciding the time is right to launch a renewed counterstrike against the Ori, SG-1 leads the Asgard-upgraded Odyssey in an attempted liberation of Chulak.
                                Spoiler:
                                ((30 second recap of “Flesh and Blood” and “Unending”))

Parked in high orbit above Earth, scaffolding has been erected around the battle-scarred and newly-enhanced DSC-304 Odyssey. Following its mission to the Ida Galaxy to bear witness to the death of the Asgard (“Unending”), it sustained critical damage evading Ori forces. The vessel limped back to the Milky Way just before its hyperdrive threatened to fail completely, and repair crews have spent weeks bringing systems back to full power and patching exterior breaches. It took nearly a month, but the technicians believe they’ve restored full functionality, and everyone is breathing a little easier with Earth’s sole warship ready to fly.

In the Asgard core room, Col. Samantha Carter is going over a technical readout of various systems’ readiness. She looks pleased but tired, grabbing her coffee mug and finding it empty when she goes to take a drink. Sighing, she sets down her laptop and heads for the commissary, rubbing her temples and eyelids. She rounds a corner and very nearly collides with Dr. Daniel Jackson, but her old friend manages to step aside at the last second. Looking her over, he smiles and says that she looks terrible, but that’s why he’s up here in the first place. Handing over a sheet of paper, he explains that Dr. Carolyn Lam is ordering her to take at least 48 hours off to get some proper sleep. She’s been in contact with the Odyssey’s resident medic and was informed that he’s tried to make Sam take a break for weeks to no avail. Carter can either come back to the SGC for some rest, or Lam can tell the captain to cut off her computer access until she does. Defeated, the SG-1 leader mutters that she’ll go grab her things and request a beam-out to the surface, and Jackson offers to tag along and help her pack.

Two days later, the pair are having breakfast in the Cheyenne Mountain mess hall, and Sam looks noticeably more alert and refreshed. Vala Mal Doran and Lt. Col. Cameron Mitchell join them momentarily, asking what progress has been made on cracking the secrets in the Asgard database. Taking a spoonful of oatmeal, Carter admits that she hasn’t been able to learn much of anything; Thor didn’t lie when he said that his people had barely scratched the surface of the Ancients’ knowledge (“New Order, Part 2”). A lot of the knowledge base consists of copied and pasted entries from Ancient repositories with confused footnotes by Asgard scientists. And try as she might, Sam has to admit that her first few attempts at completing their work have just left her more lost than before. Thor put his very best on the project, and there’s simply no way that she can replicate their thousands of years of work in a few weeks. And maybe not in months or years or decades, either.

Vala gives her an encouraging smile and says that she’s sure they’re figure it all out eventually. That is, unless they’re wiped out by the Ori first. Nodding somberly, Jackson informs the rest of the team that they received a battle report that morning from the frontlines, and the news has turned from plain “bad” to “disastrous.” Two Free Jaffa shipyards were destroyed over the weekend, leaving their allies with only 40% of their pre-war manufacturing capabilities. Many of the facilities they inherited from the System Lords are rapidly being blown to smithereens, and they simply don’t have the infrastructure to rebuild them yet. If they can’t find a way to turn the fight around--and fast--he’s not sure how this can end except in defeat.

Looking up from his plate, Mitchell suggests that they turn it around, then. While the others stare at him in confusion, he points out that they were just given the most advanced weapons and shielding system yet devised in the galaxy. It’s true that they were outgunned taking on multiple Ori motherships simultaneously, but one-on-one and maybe even two-on-one, they were able to destroy the enemy vessels. They have an advantage that the rest of the crusaders may not yet fully understand, and if they press it now, they may have a shot. The only question is where and when to strike, and Daniel thinks he knows the answer. With its centralized location, interstellar prominence, and pure symbolism, Chulak was a devastating loss so early in the war (“Flesh and Blood”). Taking it back would restore the Jaffa morale and give them a staging ground to strike deeper into the heart of captured space around the Supergate. With a grin, Cameron pats him on the back and runs out the door, shouting that he needs to talk to Gen. Landry about putting a call in to the Pentagon. They’ve waited too long to act before and paid for it. This time will be different.

A few hours later, Carter is back aboard the Odyssey, this time with the rest of her team in tow. Having changed from civilian clothes into combat gear, she leads the others onto the bridge, where the ship’s crew has manned their stations in preparation for departure. Teal’c, previously absent due to a meeting with visiting Free Jaffa officials, joins them there with new intelligence. Ori forces around Chulak are at their lowest levels since its conquest, as new reinforcements through the Supergate (“The Shroud”) have made the crusaders overconfident of their chances. If they leave now, they may actually be able to liberate the planet before the Priors realize what’s happening. They can’t confirm that with subspace telemetry as the Tok’ra have rather mysteriously gone silent, but he promises that the information is good. To that end, Bra’tac has pulled ships from worlds across the region to link up with their Third Fleet over Dar Eshkalon. From there, they will proceed directly to Chulak, arriving--if all goes according to plan--just before Earth. Promising her old friend that he’ll be able to set foot on his homeworld before the day is out, Sam gives the all-clear to the captain, Col. Ian Davidson, and the ship shakes free of its scaffolding before disappearing into hyperspace.

Light-years away, their destination faces another day of Ori rule; smoke clouds from the pyres of heretics rise high into the sky, where enemy starfighters continue their patrols for any sign of resistance. In the streets, starving Jaffa cower as armed crusaders scan the markets and threaten any who step out of line. Massive assembly plants have been constructed on the outskirts of the cities, where forced laborers build new weapons and interceptors for their masters. Equally massive furnaces are perched nearby, where any craft of Goa’uld origin that cannot be repurposed by the war effort are destroyed to prevent their use by civilians. Life on Chulak has not been so dark and hopeless since the reign of Apophis years previous.

Above it all looms the Ori mothership still landed on the edge of the main settlement, from where the lead Prior of the crusade (“Flesh and Blood”/”The Quest, Part 2”) looks out over the city. Clutching his staff, he turns to reveal he’s in the bedchambers previously belonging to Adria, the Orici who has since ascended to a higher plane of existence (“Dominion”). A group of the planetary garrison’s commanders stand in the hallway, waiting for orders. The Prior tells them that they need to prepare for a new phase of their war against the infidels, one that will end in this galaxy’s capitulation to Origin forever. The commanders ask what is required of them to see that through, but before they get an answer, a dull bell begins to sound throughout the ship. Nearby warriors stiffen immediately, recognizing the battle readiness alert even after months of relative peace here in conquered space. The Prior brushes past his men and heads toward the bridge, his staff glowing menacingly as a reflection of his outrage.

High above, the Free Jaffa’s Third Fleet has arrived and begun its assault on Chulak’s defenses, pummeling at the three Ori motherships in orbit. Hundreds of enemy interceptors launch from their bays and form squadrons for attack runs, but they’re not the greatest danger. Over a dozen captured ha’tak and numerous al’kesh and death gliders are manned by converted human and Jaffa crews, ready and willing to die in the defense of the Origin. It looks as though this really is a new chapter of the war, one that will see natives of the Milky Way dying in conflict on both sides of the battlefield. For its part, the Third Fleet boasts some twenty-two ha’tak of its own, with their own glider squadrons and al’kesh escorts. Even in greater numbers, they’d surely be shredded by the Ori warships alone, but then again, they shouldn’t have to worry about engaging those.

The Odyssey emerges from hyperspace just in time to take the first plasma blast from an enemy mothership head-on, shrugging it off and saving a Jaffa crew from certain death. Col. Davidson directs his men to focus on the big ships but to target oncoming fighter squadrons when possible. The shielded Ori fighters may not pose too great a threat to a DSC-304, but they’ll wreak havoc with their allies’ lack of point-defense systems. Looking up from a console, Sam notes that the mothership dead ahead is the same one that would have split the Odyssey in two had Teal’c not come back in time to help them (“Unending”). It must have been deployed after them from Chulak and returned here when it could no longer track them. Whatever the case, Davidson sets his sights on that one first, setting his teeth and giving the order to power the plasma weapons. It’s time to see what these Asgard upgrades can do in a real battle situation.

As they come about to attack, F-302s begin launching from the hangers to engage enemy craft and clear a path for the weaker death gliders and al’kesh. Mitchell climbs into the cockpit of one of the remaining fighters, strapping a helmet on and radioing the bridge that he’s good to go. Then he’s out the bay doors and linking up with the rest of the human interceptors, angling for the thickest dogfighting.

Flying right into the heart of the enemy formation, the Odyssey weaves left and right, narrowly avoiding the golden beams of plasma fired at it. It blasts its way through fighters attempting to block its path and skirts under a captured ha’tak, coming up at the target mothership and leveling off. Without another thought, Davidson gives the fire order, and a bright blue plasma beam lances out and slams into the Ori ship’s shields. A second and third quickly follow, and the energy barrier flickers wildly as it tries to dissipate the energy. While the Odyssey comes around for another run, a trio of Jaffa ships close to firing range themselves and begin pelting the weakened flagship with their own armaments. Its main cannon is still active, though, and rips one of them apart when it drifts into its firing arc. But that’s all the damage it will ever do, as the Earth ship finishes its turn and cleanly slices it in two. The halves break apart and drift for a second or two while the 304 withdraws, then explode in brilliant fireballs.

(Beginning of "Darkest Before Dawn," see next two posts for conclusion.)
                                Last edited by s09119; 22 October 2011, 11:22 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X