Continuing Stargate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eastwood6510 View Post
    I just recently stumbled on this gold mine of fan fiction and I must say I'm really enjoying reading it all

Also I have to admit to liking the longer written ones more than the ones that are just a couple paragraphs, oh and I think you should write out the space battles in greater detail (only because that's my favorite part of the show and the novels / fan-fiction lol).

Keep up the good stories
    so9 is in the middle of a project to rewrite all of the Season 11 episodes, since they were conceived before he had the idea to expand SG-1 in more than 5 seasons. Keep in touch with this thread he will sure comeback and give us more episodes.
    sigpic
    - SteamID user since 2005 -- you can add me - visit steam translation server brazil @ Steelbox

Comment

whens the next ep coming out srsly

Comment

Hay Lt. Mcoy how do you look at the virtual fleet database

Comment

hey s09 srsly whenes the next ep coming out???????????????
          You know what it's time to go back to the Korolev Mk2.

Comment

Status check!

Comment

i think s09 is buisy

Comment

Heay Lt. Mcoy Im confused on how 2 see the virtual fleet

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                  i think s09 is buisy
                  Yes, but one must keep hoping (and hoping, and hoping,...)

Comment

bumpity bump bump
                    Check out my music on Youtube and iCompositions.com

http://www.youtube.com/user/phildebrand2http://www.icompositions.com/artists/olympus/
                    sigpic

Enjoy!

Comment

Originally posted by SG-18 View Post
                      bumpity bump bump
                      GIVE ME MORE CONTINUING STARGATE!

Comment

Sad so sad.
                        Check out my music on Youtube and iCompositions.com

http://www.youtube.com/user/phildebrand2http://www.icompositions.com/artists/olympus/
                        sigpic

Enjoy!

Comment

Blah I'm sorry, this one's all on me unfortunately. Traveled for the second half of the summer and been under a heavy courseload this semester and honestly I just completely forgot about GateWorld. I apologize for not even posting a Hi or anything, really, I just realized that I haven't been on here in months today and couldn't believe it.
                          Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                          Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Well the good thing is you are back to write more now.

Hope you had fun traveling.

Comment

3x03 "Nod"
                              Synopsis: A skeleton crew encounters another "impossible planet" and decides to investigate despite their reservations, with consequences that no one could have foreseen.
                              Spoiler:
                              Spoiler:
                              FADE IN:
                              SCENE:
                              We see Destiny flying through FTL, arching by overhead before continuing on its path to the edge of the universe.

RUSH: Over a million years ago, the Ancients discovered a complex structure buried deep within the background radiation of the universe: the fingerprints of an intelligence that existed very near the beginning of time itself.

CUT TO:
                              SCENE:
                              RUSH stands in the Destiny gate room speaking to the assembled crew. His eyes shine with determination. The others look on with interest, listening to what he has to say despite their own reservations.

RUSH: Destiny was launched in search of that intelligence.

FADE TO:
                              SCENE:
                              A group of DRONES attacks Destiny from all angles, pelting the shields and swarming around its point-defense guns.

CUT TO:
                              SCENE:
                              ELI, SCOTT, and WRAY stand in the wreckage of a TENARAN offworld colony. The DRONES have attacked and destroyed the area, and the NOVANS wonder what could have brought such a menace upon them.

WALLACE: A mechanical army of drones, programmed to seek out and destroy all technology foreign to them.

WRAY: They were built to win a war between two alien races in this galaxy, and when the war was over, the weapons were left behind.

CUT TO:
                              SCENE:
                              The away team stranded on the TENERAN colony tries to figure out how the DRONES could have found them. Suddenly, ELI has a realization.

WALLACE: An active gate is a massive sub-space event. They must have found a way to detect it from long range.

FADE TO:
                              SCENE:
                              A massive group of DRONES heads toward Destiny while their command ship maneuvers between the Ancient vessel and the nearby star. The machines open fire the second they’re in range, pummeling Destiny with plasma fire. On the bridge, GREER fires the weapons system and glances at the display.

GREER: It’s a blockade!

CUT TO:
                              SCENE:
                              ELI and RUSH are in the control interface room showing a hologram to YOUNG and WRAY. The display shows hundreds of approaching stars and stargates... and the countless DRONE ships orbiting every single one.

RUSH: As far as we can tell, they’re waiting at every gate between here and the edge of the galaxy.

FADE TO:
                              SCENE:
                              As battle erupts outside, JAMES mans one of the bridge’s weapons consoles and stares in terror at the display.

JAMES: Sir, we’ve got another problem…

VOLKER: It’s the aliens from the other galaxy.

CUT TO:
                              SCENE:
                              A group of FOLLOWERS stand in a control room on one of their ships. One of them looks up and directly at the camera.

CUT TO:
                              SCENE:
                              SCOTT, GREER, and other soldiers surround CHLOE in the control interface room. She’s just activated the communications array and sent a message, and she’s desperate to explain why she did it before GREER is forced to execute her.

CHLOE: Look, the aliens who took me--they followed us to this galaxy. They’ve been looking for us ever since. Now they know where we are.

CUT TO:
                              SCENE:
                              Walking down a corridor, RUSH and WRAY discuss CHLOE’s situation and their only real option; to turn her over to the aliens.

WRAY: For all we know, they’re going to download every scrap of information she has about Destiny the second they get her onboard.

RUSH: With Chloe back to normal, the odds of them ever tracking us again are virtually nil. Then it doesn’t matter what they discover about the ship.

WRAY: Yeah, assuming they honor the deal.

RUSH: Well, they’ve no point in keeping her. If she begins to change again, we’ll soon know, won’t we?

FADE TO:
                              SCENE:
                              RUSH sits on a bed in the infirmary where CHLOE is recovering from her ordeal. He flips through a notebook in which she’s scribbled precise FTL calculations, impressed.

RUSH: Obviously they haven’t wiped your memory. You managed to retain some of the knowledge you gained. I should think that’s a good thing.

ARMSTRONG: Because I can still be useful.

RUSH: Everyone on this ship is useful. We all belong here.

FADE TO:
                              SCENE:
                              RUSH again stands in the Destiny gate room to speak to the crew. Tears of passion are in his eyes, and he looks out at his fellow shipmates hopefully.

RUSH: I believe this journey is the reason I’m here, but I can’t hope to do it alone. I ask you to come with me.

FADE OUT:

((1 minute recap of selected scenes from "Faith," "Intervention," "The Greater Good," "Visitation," and "Alone, Part 2"))

Col. Everett Young stands on the bridge of the Destiny, wiping a thin layer of dust off one of the control consoles. He looks well-rested and alert, finally having gotten the sleep he so desperately needed a few weeks before ("Gauntlet"). But, perhaps more importantly, he looks reinvigorated and again prepared to take on whatever the universe throws his way. Smacking dust from his hands, he hears footsteps behind him and turns to see Eli Wallace enter with a tablet computer in hand. He likewise looks far more refreshed than he did weeks ago, though he appears rather hesitant for some unknown reason. Nonetheless, he informs Young that he’s needed in the control interface room and should come back with him. The Colonel begins to ask why he wasn’t radioed, then grabs at his hip and realizes he doesn’t have one on him. Chuckling sheepishly, he promises to take his own advice and keep one on hand at all times, then heads for the exit.

When the two of them arrive at the interface room, they see Dr. Nicholas Rush tapping away at one of the terminals. Drs. Adam Brody and Dale Volker sit together at another workstation--the same one, Eli notes, that they worked at in his hallucination a week before ("Alone, Part 1"). For a moment he seems to consider that the ship’s artificial intelligence is still playing games with his mind, then dismisses the idea. After all, he himself shut the AI out of the neural interface that would allow it to do that ("Alone, Part 2"), and he’s positive that the program was flawless. Putting the thought aside, he lets Rush fill Young in on what they’ve been doing since Eli brought them out of stasis. First and foremost, Brody and Volker are confirming the younger man’s findings on Novus and its evident naquadria core, and so far the results are promising. He himself is monitoring the movements of drone command ships in the vicinity, but it seems that Eli’s stunt while recharging worked as described. The drones are attacking what Rush assumes are the so-called "Follower" aliens and abandoning the blockade tactics so threatening to Destiny and her crew. For now, at least, they’re free to go where they wish and maybe even begin using the stargate on a regular basis again.

It is notable here that everyone’s speech implies that Eli did all the research and course correcting alone, indicating that he has yet to tell them about the ship’s AI and its avatar of deceased Dr. Jeremy Franklin. That would clarify his awkwardness around the others, particularly when they mention the events that unfolded in his time alone, though why he hasn’t informed them is still a mystery. Whatever has or hasn’t been said, Young seems satisfied with how things are proceeding and grabs a spare radio off the console. Clicking it on, he asks for a status update from the rest of the people they’ve woken up. So far they’ve kept it to a minimum, only bringing a handful out of stasis until they can guarantee their safety and replenish their food and fresh water supplies. One by one the reports roll in, first from Lt. Tamara Johansen in the infirmary, where she’s looking up any and all recommended protocols for treating persons leaving the pods. Lt. Matthew Scott, Lt. Vanessa James, and Sgt. Ronald Greer are doing a sweep of the accessible areas of the ship to confirm that no intruders snuck onboard. Camille Wray is using the Ancient communications stones to inform Earth about their change of plans and get any updates from home, and Chloe Armstrong is on her way up to the bridge to refine their course through FTL. All-in-all, things are going exceedingly well.

That is, until the vessel lurches violently and everything momentarily flashes with multicolored light. The scientists are all thrown from their seats, and Young barely stays upright by grabbing onto a nearby pole. Slamming into the bulkhead, Eli grunts in pain and says that they must have just dropped back into sublight, but that makes no sense given that the closest stargate is still hours away. More than that, Rush points out that this didn’t feel like a normal FTL dropout. Those are generally smooth and barely noticeable, but this one felt as if Destiny was grabbed and forcibly pulled back into realspace. It doesn’t need to be said, but everyone in the room immediately thinks of Chloe alone on the bridge. If any Follower influence still remains in her despite the aliens’ apparent cooperation ("Deliverance"), she could have purposely sabotaged their flightpath or the engines to ensure that they’re a helpless target. Volker even proposes as much, but he immediately takes it back when Ms. Armstrong radios to ask if everyone’s alright. When they reply that no one was injured, she suggests they get to the closest window as fast as they can. She thinks she sees what dragged them out of FTL, and Eli recommends the observation deck over the long hike to the bridge. Without a moment’s hesitation, everyone takes the suggestion.

The group reaches their destination just moments after T.J. and the other soldiers. Her hand to her mouth, the medic tells Young that he’s not going to believe his eyes. When the Colonel steps up to the railing, he looks out and thinks for a long moment, considering the sight before him; a bright yellow star lies ahead of them, with a single planet just ahead and to the right of Destiny. Normally, there’d be nothing entirely out of the ordinary in that, but the planet’s appearance is striking, to say the least. It appears to be covered in ice and snow, except a perfectly circular area roughly the size of Rhode Island halfway between the equator and southern pole that remains green and vibrant. A weather pattern like that seems impossible, but there it is.

(Beginning of "Nod," see next three posts for more.)
                              Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                              Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

(More of "Nod," see previous post for beginning and next two posts for conclusion.)

Spoiler:
                                An hour later, Rush looks around at the others in the control interface room and confirms that such a landscape shouldn’t work, and he believes he can say with some certainty as to why. Pulling up a holographic readout from the sensor array, he says that they’ve just encountered what is undoubtedly another "impossible" star system, with a central sun and planet far too young to have been formed naturally. Some of the scientists had proposed that although their instruments detected the previous such world, Eden ("Faith"), was a few million years old, it was actually created days before its discovery. Assuming they were correct, the conflict of detected age to actual age for this new planet is even more shocking. The sensors report that it’s existed for a few hundred thousand years, but their theoretical ratio would make it barely a few hours past creation. Folding his arms, Young demands to how that makes any sense. Rush holds up his hands and reminds him that he’s not endorsing that particular theory, just pointing it out for consideration. In the grand scheme of things, a fully formed and life-supporting planet shouldn’t be possible at hours or days or hundreds of thousands or millions of years. Whether they choose to go with their hunches or their instruments, it’s still technically impossible.

Young frowns, not sure what kind of risks they’d be inviting and certainly flashing back to his being forced to leave people behind the last time. As if reading his mind, Brody points out that it’s just the ten of them awake, not the whole crew, and none of them have any intention of abandoning the ship or its mission. At least, none would vocalize it. Eyeing Tamara, Young is all too aware of her transfixed expression, her eyes glued to the image of an obelisk at the center of the circular temperate area. With the scientists pushing him to allow at least a quick examination of the area to see if they can learn any more about who or what might have created the planet, the Colonel sighs and relents. He agrees to dispatch an away team in the shuttle, on the condition that those who go be those without any pressing duties. That takes Rush and Brody off the list right away, as they still need to complete their reports on shipwide readiness. Lt. Scott will lead the mission, with James along for security, Volker for scientific expertise, and Chloe and Wray for general skills and assistance. Young offers to let Eli go, but he laughs and insists that he’d actually prefer to just go get some sleep. In the excitement over getting some shore leave, no one but Rush seems to notice T.J.’s absence from either list, but says nothing. Assignments doled out, the group breaks up.

Watching while everyone files out, Camille hangs behind and closes the door so she and Young can speak privately. Promising that the news from Earth is mostly good, she says that Homeworld Command was understandably shocked to hear from someone so soon after their entered stasis. A few Pentagon officials had even talked of shelving the stones for a year or two to save on hours manning them, but Col. David Telford and Gen. Jack O’Neill personally ensured they remained operational. Everett laughs at that, muttering that it’s good to know that David meant what he said about not giving up on the crew no matter what happened. Then he grows more serious, asking Wray to elaborate on what she meant by "mostly" good news. She bites her lower lip, glancing down for a second, then says that mounting political tension over the revelation of the Stargate Program over a year before (SG-1: "Coming Clean") has deadlocked the United Nations and threatened dozens of offworld defense initiatives. And one of those initiatives is the ongoing effort to find a way to dial Destiny. It’s not quite the end of the world, but the situation at home has deteriorated significantly all the same.

Pointing at the display, Wray changes the subject and asks if they have any idea what could be causing such strange weather on the planet below. The green area on the surface is shrinking by the minute, with snowdrifts settling over grasslands and ice sheets forming soon after. By Brody’s estimation, the verdant region will be completely overtaken in just over forty-eight hours, and the entire planet will be nothing but a wasteland. Not that it matters to them, of course, since the countdown clock is set to force them back into FTL in just over a day and a half. Confused, Scott had remembered their last visit to one of these worlds took them a month to circle before getting underway again. In reply, Rush said that was a result of the automated navigational system’s failure to compensate for the unexpected gravity well. Now that they have the master code and direct control of navigation, they could just engage the engines now and continue. But he assumed that they should at least take a look before leaving this place behind forever, a sentiment Young cautiously agrees with.

They stand in silence for a long time before Young lets things come back to the situation at home and suggests that they don’t inform the crew just yet. Everyone has enough to deal with as it is, and the others in stasis don’t need to wake up just to hear that their homeworld may soon abandon them. The Colonel looks ready for a long argument with Camille over the morals of what he’s saying, but she surprises him by agreeing immediately. Despite her normal objections to leadership keeping secrets, this is an extremely difficult situation for Earth and Young is right that the mental well-being of the crew must come first. In time, she fully expects everyone to be told, but for now she understands him completely. Smiling, Wray tells him not to think of her as an enemy all the time, then gives him a friendly wink and heads to her quarters to grab a change of clothes.

Shortly afterwards, Scott fires up their lone shuttle’s thrusters and seals the rear hatch. Then he radios back to report that everything’s good to go and that the docking clamps have been released. On the bridge, Young slides into the command chair and looks out at the rising shuttle, giving them the go-ahead to depart. He wants everyone back on Destiny inside of a day, though, just to be safe. Watching while the craft pulls away and makes for the surface, the Colonel switches frequencies and asks if T.J. can join him to go over what she’s found in the ship’s database. When she doesn’t answer, he tries again before returning to the main channel and asking if anyone knows where Tamara is. After a suitable pause, Scott replies that she’s with them on the shuttle, having met them at the airlock and asked if she could come to catalogue any medicinals on the planet. Seeing as their supply has been nearly depleted and their growing capabilities temporarily destroyed ("Blockade"), he didn’t see any reason not to take her along. Young looks angry for a split second, as if preparing to order her back, then sighs and admits that he should have expected this. He tells Scott to continue with the mission, then puts down the radio and stares out the window, thinking.

The shuttle makes good time into the atmosphere, where Volker points out what must have been a beautiful landscape before the ice began claiming the planet inch by inch. As they cross over into the green region to search for a suitable landing zone, Chloe slowly remarks that it’s just as beautiful as Eden--in fact, it looks exactly the same. Coming over, T.J. looks out at the approaching obelisk and gasps; just as was said, the surface appears identical to the first impossible planet they encountered, right down to the hills, forests, and lake surrounding the monolith. Scott shakes his head and whispers that this whole situation feels wrong to him, but sets the shuttle down in the same spot where he landed on Eden all the same. There’s no sign of anyone or anything else, and no remnants of the crew’s settlement on that other world. The rear hatch slides open and the group disembarks, breathing in the crisp air gratefully. It’s a warm and sunny day, again seemingly impossible given the fast-approaching wall of snow, but nothing really seems surprising anymore.

Taking buckets and heading toward a nearby grove, Chloe leads Wray and Scott to where she remembers collecting some delicious fruit on Eden. Setting out in the opposite direction, Volker and James make for the obelisk, leaving Tamara alone in the shuttle entry. She shouts to Scott that she’s going to head into the woods where she previously found a useful anesthetic, but waits until everyone is out of sight to sprint off after the second group. Staying low and a ways away from them, T.J. slips past them and runs ahead, reaching the obelisk with, she estimates, a few minutes alone. Looking up at the massive structure, she sucks in a breath and instinctively puts a hand to her stomach. She clearly hasn’t forgotten about the child she lost ("Intervention"), despite evidence that everything she saw of her baby alive and well on Eden was a fabrication. Taking a deep breath, she steps walks up to the entry and into the monolith.

There’s not far to go; the interior consists of a single stone room, and all it contains is an ornate but dull platinum globe on a pedestal in the center space. T.J. looks around, having expected more, then returns her gaze to the globe and examines it curiously. It’s designed somewhat like a large golf ball, with shallow circular indentations covering its surface, but is otherwise quite plain. Walking around it to get a view of all angles, Tamara scratches her head, completely lost as to what to do next. She seems about ready to give up and actually go collect some plant samples when she hears voices approaching outside. Suddenly panicking, she turns to face the pedestal and whispers that she need to know, once and for all. Without knowing why, she places her hand palm down on the globe, and it instantly pulses with a blinding deep blue light that fills the chamber.

Outside, James and Volker are just coming out of the woods when they see the blue flash from the entryway, and then step back in shock when a bright sapphire beam blasts up into the sky... and straight at an orbiting Destiny. Vanessa pulls out her radio and shouts for someone to take evasive action or raise the shields, but can do nothing herself but stare helplessly from the ground. On the bridge, Young is flipping through a report when his radio crackles, but all that makes it through is static. Then he looks up to see the beam arcing directly in front of the ship, literally mere meters from the hull. Eyes widening, he grabs the radio and tells Eli or Rush to man the controls, but it’s too late. The ship glides forward and makes contact with the ray, sparking complete and utter chaos. Electrical arcs spread out across the length of the vessel, power failing wherever they touch. Lights begin flickering all over, and Rush reacts in surprise when the control interface room darkens briefly and his console display scrambles before shutting down. He tries to raise Young or Greer on the radio but gets only noise, then tries Eli before remembering that he’s asleep in his quarters. Sighing, he plucks a flashlight out of his vest pocket and decides to head for the bridge to sort out what’s happened. Drained of power, Destiny remains above the planet while the beam drills into its underside. No damage appears to be done by the contact, but electricity continues to arc up and down the ship relentlessly.
                                Last edited by s09119; 22 October 2011, 07:44 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X