Page 11 of 294 FirstFirst ... 891011 1213142161111 ... LastLast

Thread: Continuing Stargate

Default Re: Continuing SG-1

Ok, I'll admit to being to lazy to read season 11, what happend with teh furlings?

Quote Originally Posted by Icer234 View Post
    Vur'naa? Actually now that you think about I have been rather curious to know why is it that whenever SG-1 or one of the members are around so is he.
    Interesting coincidence, isn't it?

I actually have another question regarding the Furlings. Are you going to be discussing what happened to them after they left the Milky Way Galaxy? I mean in greater detail than before. I've always been rather curious as to what really happened to them and how they felt when the Alliance basically betrayed them.
    Yes, the "AI War" will be elaborated on more in the future. A few secrets the Asgard kept from us about themselves may also surface; remember, the only Asgard we ever really saw was Thor. It's not as if his entire race held the same views he did.

That's another thing I've been wondering. If the 4 races were such good allies, why did they just drop the Furlings over such a small issue (okay, maybe not small, but you get my drift). It's seems rather odd that they would just break up the Alliance over that. Was there something more to the whole AI incident? Cause it seems that the AI incident was more of an excuse to drop the Furlings.
    They blamed the Furlings for bringing something to life that never should have been created, and then letting it wage war on the rest of the galaxy. They did help in the war effort, remember. But any real trust the other races had with the Furlings was destroyed after that incident.

Yoy may be onto something there, though. We've always just pictured the Alliance as this close-knit group. Do we really know how they all got along? Maybe the Nox could shed some light on that, and maybe reveal more of why they decided to become pacifists... yet keep a fleet of warships ready just in case.
    Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
    Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by s09119 View Post
    Interesting coincidence, isn't it?

Yes, the "AI War" will be elaborated on more in the future. A few secrets the Asgard kept from us about themselves may also surface; remember, the only Asgard we ever really saw was Thor. It's not as if his entire race held the same views he did.

They blamed the Furlings for bringing something to life that never should have been created, and then letting it wage war on the rest of the galaxy. They did help in the war effort, remember. But any real trust the other races had with the Furlings was destroyed after that incident.

Yoy may be onto something there, though. We've always just pictured the Alliance as this close-knit group. Do we really know how they all got along? Maybe the Nox could shed some light on that, and maybe reveal more of why they decided to become pacifists... yet keep a fleet of warships ready just in case.

Dun dun dun.

Quote Originally Posted by Vampyr View Post

Dun dun dun.
    Cheeky bas**** stole my line.

Dying for a look into the future of "Continuing SG-1"? Try taking a stroll through the "Ideas for the third SG-1 movie" thread. Some of my ideas for a movie might be tweaked and made into big arc episodes... but which ones?
    Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
    Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Chief Master Sergeant Apollo214's Avatar

Interesting, i believe there is a fan based series with Daniel Jackson that took place around that time. I haven't really read any of it, but thats the nice thing about fan fiction, its not canonical, so you can elaborate all you want....seeing the last couple seasons it'll probably be better.

also

maybe you can come up with a better name then Milky way for our galaxy?
    [kick ass signature coming soon]

I could see the Der'kel advance fleet arriving on sol and orbiting Pluto. The UN since they has taken over ISGC decides to not take action because they believing that if they respond by destroying the Der'kel advance fleet, the entire invasion will be on Earth's door.

They are screw either way
    Proud Conservative
    The Edge of the Night; contains love from the heart and soul, outpouring love to one and love one country.

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo214 View Post
    Interesting, i believe there is a fan based series with Daniel Jackson that took place around that time. I haven't really read any of it, but thats the nice thing about fan fiction, its not canonical, so you can elaborate all you want....seeing the last couple seasons it'll probably be better.
    Are you referring to Stargate: Genesis? I can't remember if that's the right one or not, but I know that took place in the past...

also

Why? That's what it is as seen from Earth; a giant milky band.

Quote Originally Posted by Elitenova View Post
    I could see the Der'kel advance fleet arriving on sol and orbiting Pluto. The UN since they has taken over ISGC decides to not take action because they believing that if they respond by destroying the Der'kel advance fleet, the entire invasion will be on Earth's door.

They are screw either way
    Earth is actually on the other side of the galaxy from the current Der'kal holdings, so that seems unlikely for the time being. See (in my very, very rough map):
    Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo214 View Post
    I always feel stupid referring to it as "Milky Way". It's like the name "Earth".

In the novel for the Babylon 5 movie In The Beginning, Londo makes reference to the fact that the humans chose an unimaginative name for their planet: the word for dirt. That pops up in my head every now and then.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffala View Post
    I always feel stupid referring to it as "Milky Way". It's like the name "Earth".

In the novel for the Babylon 5 movie In The Beginning, Londo makes reference to the fact that the humans chose an unimaginative name for their planet: the word for dirt. That pops up in my head every now and then.
    Well just because you have an Obama sig... no

Just kidding, but that's how the galaxy has been referred to throughout the show, and it's going to stay that way, I guess :/ Sorry to disappoint, but I just don't see a problem with it (and "Earth" can also mean the mortal plane of existence or Mother Nature ("Gaia" is translated as "Earth"), so it's a good name).

Chief Master Sergeant Apollo214's Avatar

Are you referring to Stargate: Genesis? I can't remember if that's the right one or not, but I know that took place in the past...
    Yes thats the one, and I thought it took place during the time of the 4 races

Yes but just because thats what it looks like to us doesn't mean the Jaffa see it that way, I'm just saying, I think we need a more universal term, especially if the premise of this Sg-1 story revolves so heavily on an alliance.
    [kick ass signature coming soon]

Brigadier General

so what episodes was Jack O'neill "appear in" or was mention in this "virtual series of yours?

Quote Originally Posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
    so what episodes was Jack O'neill "appear in" or was mention in this "virtual series of yours?
    You really want to know every single one? Oh, God... um... off the top of my head:

Season 11:
    11x03 "Shore Leave"

Season 12:
    12x08 "Manifest Destiny"
    12x20 "Shatterpoint" (mention only) (Part 1 of 3)

Season 13:
    13x01 "Inroads, Part 1" (Part 2 of 3)
    13x05 "Five Stories" (in "flashbacks")
    13x09 "Friendly Fire" (Part 2 of 2)

around when should the next episode be coming out cause i can't wait

get the rep

Earth is actually on the other side of the galaxy from the current Der'kal holdings, so that seems unlikely for the time being. See (in my very, very rough map):
    Spoiler:
    Cant they just bypass the worlds controlled by the FJN
    Proud Conservative
    The Edge of the Night; contains love from the heart and soul, outpouring love to one and love one country.

Quote Originally Posted by 95_supra View Post
    around when should the next episode be coming out cause i can't wait

Probably a week, week and a half. I like torturing my fans

Quote Originally Posted by Elitenova View Post
    Cant they just bypass the worlds controlled by the FJN
    Technically yes, but then they'd have to divide their fleet to police their territory, and why do that when they don't have to? The Der'kal prefer to take their time dealing with the galaxy, especially since they know they have a numerical superiority.

I just came across your tread a couple of days ago and I've already finished reading all that you've posted so far. Seriously your fic is such a joy to read!

Please keep up the great work!
    "Yo, you wanna join SG-1?"

Quote Originally Posted by gkyun View Post
    I just came across your tread a couple of days ago and I've already finished reading all that you've posted so far. Seriously your fic is such a joy to read!

Please keep up the great work!
    Thanks, that's always good to hear

Lieutenant Colonel ussrelativity's Avatar

How do manage to keep up with so many stories? I myself am trying to get back on track with mine, but have been hitting some writers blocks.

Quote Originally Posted by ussrelativity View Post
    How do manage to keep up with so many stories? I myself am trying to get back on track with mine, but have been hitting some writers blocks.
    Haha, it gets hard sometimes, I'll admit, but I have a slight edge thanks to my Avalon work. I spent a few months typing up hundreds of story ideas for it, but with that project shelved for now... I have steady supply of stand-alone and plot-oriented episodes that can be easily converted to SG-1 and the Milky Way. It also helps that the Carnak (the Avalon enemy) are somewhat similar to the Der'kal in ideology, so I can mix the episode ideas fairly easily.

And if you're having some writer's block... try thinking out your general arc idea for a bit, then think about how the current episode fits into it. That's usually how I get a better look at things and determine what should be in which episode, and how to implement it.