This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cancel stargate maybe ?

ok they cancel stargate after a horrible season but very good last episode. no SGA is heading into the same direction. who is writing this crap. i know the was a big writers strike good so fire them an get better writers. reason im saying this is because as of late the series have lost all their cool and main villans. its more or less a scifi version of dawsons creek. no wonder than fan base has dropped over the last 3 years.

http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n...u/stewie-1.gif
    Last edited by Bagpuss; 13 July 2014, 07:51 AM. Reason: Oversized.
    I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
    Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

Oh lord...

Somebody else handle this joker. I'm off to bed.

Comment

My sentiments too. Though I do find it amusing they complain about the writing quality of SGA whilst having terrible writing skills themselves.

Simple solution: Don't like the season? Don't watch it. Let those who do still like it, enjoy it.
        Last edited by Bagpuss; 13 July 2014, 07:50 AM. Reason: gif tag edited.

Comment

Originally posted by jeffsupersaiyan View Post
          ok they cancel stargate after a horrible season but very good last episode. no SGA is heading into the same direction. who is writing this crap. i know the was a big writers strike good so fire them an get better writers. reason im saying this is because as of late the series have lost all their cool and main villans. its more or less a scifi version of dawsons creek. no wonder than fan base has dropped over the last 3 years.
          Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

he's right. And he can say it here.
            Stolen Kosovo
            sigpic

Comment

I liked Season 10 and though "Undending" was probably the worst episode in the series.

So there's always more than one point of view...

Stargate Atlantis season four is excellent -- SG1's season four is also my favorite.

Also, SGA is filmed in Canada. Mainly written by Canadian writers (who aren't on strike), the crew is Canadian, and the majority of the actors are Canadian.

The WGA strike has only affected Carl Binder on the SGA staff, and Brad Wright and Robert C. Cooper, who also belong to the WGA.

Morjana

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
              SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
              Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

ahh cool so 2 of the 4 writers didnt wanna write ?

Comment

If you do not like it why have you continued to watch it? To be truthful, you watching it is just encouraging it's continuance. The more viewers = higher ratings...

Just what I was thinking...

Originally posted by Teelie View Post
                  My sentiments too. Though I do find it amusing they complain about the writing quality of SGA whilst having terrible writing skills themselves.

Simple solution: Don't like the season? Don't watch it. Let those who do still like it, enjoy it.
                  Amen Brother...in every aspect of what you said...

Simply put, You are encouraging the show to go on by watching it. And you are complaining in vain. This season is the best one of Atlantis yet. If you don't like it, feel free to stop watching.
                  Last edited by Bagpuss; 13 July 2014, 07:53 AM. Reason: Tags edited.

Comment

Originally posted by g.o.d View Post
                    he's right. And he can say it here.
                    Anyone who writes like that to complain about the quality of writing on the show doesn't deserve to be taken seriously in the slightest.

Comment

ahh cool so 2 of the 4 writers didnt wanna write ?
                      Nope.They're supporting their union,that's all.Don't hold your breath waiting for the show's writers to be fired .They're good to go for S5.

If you really need to vent further ,I suggest you check out the Anti Season 4 thread.It's a "protected" topic ,where you can post whatever misgivings you like ,within the forum rules,without the Pro-S4 fans' rebuttals.

Up to you though,obviously ...
                      The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

The writers:

Martin Gero
                        Joe Mallozzi
                        Paul Mullie
                        Alan McCullough
                        Carl Binder
                        Robert Cooper
                        Brad Wright

For Season 4, none of them were affected by the strike, since back then, it hadn't happened yet.

For Season 5, only the last 3 are affected. What's more, only Carl Binder actually writes full time. Brad Wright didn't get credited on any scripts this season, while Robert Cooper only got credit for one. Of course, they all contribute ideas and stuff.

I know for a fact that Carl Binder's protesting in LA, and I'm fairly certain that Rob and Brad are still in and around Bridge Studios. How much they are involved in the storycrafting for Season 5 is unknown (for now...gotta ask JM!).

Comment

well they should atleat rename the show to CSI gate. i mean come on when is the last time they had an episode with the wraith ????? to most of you that posted your not seeing the point i watch the show because i like sci fi . not CSI . thanks

Comment

The word your looking for is CGI
                            Originally posted by aretood2
                            Jelgate is right

Comment

well they should atleat rename the show to CSI gate. i mean come on when is the last time they had an episode with the wraith ????? to most of you that posted your not seeing the point i watch the show because i like sci fi . not CSI . thanks
                              How often did season one of SG1 feature the Goa'uld? Almost half of the season went by only mentioning them. This season of Atlantis has more akin to early seasons of SG-1 than earlier in SGA's life. Character building, exploration eps.

Comment

Working...
                              X