Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I know what time period earth will be found!!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know what time period earth will be found!!!

Spoiler:
    It will be in the 22nd Century

Here is the link
    Spoiler:
    http://www.patriotresource.com/bg/insights/spoilers/season4/general.html

Doesn't really explain Bob Dylan, the Hummers, German Luger or the Messier Object 8

Comment

Originally posted by Asgard4eva View Post
      Doesn't really explain Bob Dylan, the Hummers, German Luger or the Messier Object 8
      Bad writing? Just like having 12 inhabitable planets in a single-star system? Just like all the dropped plotlines? Just like the "and they have a plan!" bit, then we found out they didn't?

You are going to be sorely disappointed if you expect all those things to be explained in season 4. Maybe a few things will be retconned in, but their's no way they can fix all those errors and still have a halfway coherent story line. So just sit back and enjoy what comes, and don't worry about trying to explain all the inconsistencies.

Comment

Originally posted by Asgard4eva View Post
        I'm sorry complaining about these things is about as silly as complaining that the characters all speak english.

Think about it, it's impossible that all the characters from all those colony worlds speak a language any of us would recognize but you can accept that because it's necessary for the story.

the same with the dylan song redone, it's a song we know so we can identify it and with it, but it sounds different from any version we've heard.

That's an artistic vehicle necessary to tell a story to an english speaking earth audience.

The 12 inhabitable planets in one system defies comon sense so that's a different thing. I'm much more upset by stupid writing than anything else.

I might never forgive them for the episode where they had the viper pilot "Bulldog" appear and did some wonderful flashbacks where they shot to hell the entire time line of their universe for example!
        That human piece of incompetent garbage currently holding the office of President of the USA is not in any way my president, I can't support a born failure. Same reason i was against the last nitwit.

Comment

Uh there's no reliable source for that information.. looks bogus to me. Some source named "the dirty daggit" provided this "information" and has absolutely no sources or anything to back it up, I wouldn't get riled up over an unconfirmed "insider" rumor.
          "Did you really expect some Utopian fantasy to rise from the ashes?"

Comment

There is much speculation as to when and what time frame they will arrive at Earth on, perhaps they never will, trying to explain such things are guns, music and vehicles is silly, we don't know if they will arrive 15000 BC or 30000 AD, it dosen't matter, the story is, their journey, their struggle, their quest, not the end, people who fuse on about what year it will be seem more interested in the end and seeing their own ideas come tru, than appreciating the show for what it is.
            sigpic
            In brightest day, in darkest night,

No evil shall escape my sight

Let those who worship evil's might,

Beware my power...Green Rep-Points light!

Comment

Whatever route they take as far as the time-period on Earth, I'm sure it will be done well. I really don't see them letting me down at the very end.
              sigpic
              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
              "...phu...ah..."
              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

The final episodes have not even been written yet due to the Writer's Strike. That "source" pulled it out of his ass.

Comment

u forget that they arrive on earth much earlier than the final episodes. confirmed by the director

Comment

I'm gonna laugh at us all when they land in the 1980s and the characters spend the last few episodes running around on earth discovering that they can jump higher than everyone else since the planets they came from had stronger gravitational pull. Galactica 1980s anyone? Funny show.

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                      Whatever route they take as far as the time-period on Earth, I'm sure it will be done well. I really don't see them letting me down at the very end.
                      I can see them pull a Soprano.
                      These are the wrong people... in the wrong place.

Comment

Originally posted by Detox View Post
                        I can see them pull a Soprano.
                        According to my boyfriend, who's a total DS9 addict, Ron Moore is rather known for leaving series open-ended. DS9 ended abruptly, not quite as badly as the Sopranos, but similar.

Originally posted by Morbius View Post
                        The 12 inhabitable planets in one system defies comon sense so that's a different thing. I'm much more upset by stupid writing than anything else.
                        Actually, according to the original series, they don't occupy one system but several and nothing in the new series has contradicted this yet. Here's the evidence from the original TV movie:

"There are many intelligent species in the universe. They are all owned by cats." - Redwood ForestCat

"Imagination is more important than knowledge." - Albert Einstein

Comment

i hope the find earch in the swinging 60's ha ha ha
                          sigpic

Comment

post-apocalypse

and Baltar = Jesus

Comment

That might actually make some sense given what we already know.
                              "There are many intelligent species in the universe. They are all owned by cats." - Redwood ForestCat

"Imagination is more important than knowledge." - Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                              X