X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Planets all the same?

Hey

I only finished watching SG-1 last week, as they stopped airing it on tv here after season 8 and I only got the season 10 boxset at xmas. Anyway, I know they were probably limited in the locales in which they could film but did anyone else think the planets SG-1 visited became a little boring/predictable after a while...ie, a forest?

In the earlier seasons they had some cool planets, like desert terrain, coastal areas, ocean planets. It just felt like any new planets they came across in later seasons all had a big forest and that was about it! I know they had other important issues to focus on, like the story, but they couldve just shifted it from a forest planet to something different.

Quetz
    As above, so below, as within, so without, what you give, so shall you receive.

as the producers have brought up many times Vancouver Canada is becoming more developed and with that happening it gives the crew less choices on shooting locations
    https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Quetz View Post
      Hey

I only finished watching SG-1 last week, as they stopped airing it on tv here after season 8 and I only got the season 10 boxset at xmas. Anyway, I know they were probably limited in the locales in which they could film but did anyone else think the planets SG-1 visited became a little boring/predictable after a while...ie, a forest?

In the earlier seasons they had some cool planets, like desert terrain, coastal areas, ocean planets. It just felt like any new planets they came across in later seasons all had a big forest and that was about it! I know they had other important issues to focus on, like the story, but they couldve just shifted it from a forest planet to something different.

Quetz
      You forget the village.
      As for the producers' excuses...
      The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

Comment

Perhaps they decided they didn't like carrying their crews/actors all over the world and wanted to put more money into SFX, writers etc. Also there are only so many things that you can do on earth, maybe if they shot 1 on the moon it would be more interesting.
        Best quotes ever:
        O’NEILL: I hope you like Guinness, Sir. I find it a refreshing substitute for food.
        Jack O'neill: I hope you diplomatically told him where to shove it.
        Teal'c:If you once again try to harm me or one of my companions, my patience with you will expire.
        Carter: You know, you blow up one sun and suddenly everyone expects you to walk on water.
        Thor:I like the yellow ones
        O´Neill:Hey, if you had been listening, you´d know that Nintendos pass through everything.

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
          as the producers have brought up many times Vancouver Canada is becoming more developed and with that happening it gives the crew less choices on shooting locations
          I've heard that before and I HATE that term "developed" - more like destroyed. The world needs more forest as I'm sure everyone knows. And don't they film in parks? Why would the parks be under threat from anything? As I understand, the primary forest location is in Stanley Park in Vancouver and another one is Tynehead park which I think is where they shot "Missing" in and there are a few others. I've heard various stories about the desert location either being subject to a housing project or warehouses.

Vala,

Comment

Originally posted by Quetz View Post
            Hey

Quetz
            I kinda started recognizing the woods around vancouver after 12 years of stargate ^.^ Was watching another thing shot in canada and i was HAY I KNOW THOSE TREES!

Comment

Yeh thats because 90% of the episodes were filmed in the same area of Canada.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by umopapisdn View Post
                Perhaps they decided they didn't like carrying their crews/actors all over the world and wanted to put more money into SFX, writers etc. Also there are only so many things that you can do on earth, maybe if they shot 1 on the moon it would be more interesting.
                They were not carrying them all over the world, and little budget has gone into more artificial sceneries. Nor that it matters, because writers paycheck hardly seem deserved.

You want to see more alien sceneries? Watch Farscape. Oh yes, that show did cost a lot, but it's top notch. The first season alone will blow you away.
                If you already have... rewatch it.
                The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Oragahn View Post
                  You want to see more alien sceneries? Watch Farscape. Oh yes, that show did cost a lot, but it's top notch. The first season alone will blow you away.
                  If you already have... rewatch it.
                  thought the first season was kinda average tbh. s2 was better, but it picked up in s3 and 4.
                  the also had the benefit of filming in Australia, so their location shots didn't look the same as all the other shows out there (like ones filmed in canada can do).

Comment

Working...
                  X