Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So... does this mean Elizabeth won't show up in season 4 any more?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So... does this mean Elizabeth won't show up in season 4 any more?

Anyone remember when Joe said "Torri returns for 3-4 episodes"? Well, whoopidty doo, it's been 4 episodes now ("Adrift", "Lifeline", "This Mortal Coil", "Be All My Sins Remember'd").

Was his number just an approximation (as he said 3-4 episodes) or did they at least original not plan for her to appear in any more episodes this season? Well, here's hoping for more appearances. They can't just drop such a bombshell (Elizabeth is now the leader of a faction of Replicators?! And she has a "plan"?!) on us and not have her return for the rest of the season.

Torri won't be in any more episodes this season, but her character's storyline will be revisited in season 5.

Comment

Wow... what a terrible choice! Reveal a new character development mid-season and not bringing her back 'til season 5 (which they weren't even sure of they were getting!).

Comment

Originally posted by FallenAngelII View Post
        Wow... what a terrible choice! Reveal a new character development mid-season and not bringing her back 'til season 5 (which they weren't even sure of they were getting!).
        To be honest i think their (TPTB's) original plan was to leave her dead at the end of her 3rd episode, The 30 sec spot at the end of BAMSR was probably a reaction to how pissed off everyone was so they tacked it on to save face.
        Last edited by Ice Wolf; 15 January 2008, 02:12 AM.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jenks
          She'd been contracted for 4 episodes from the beginning, and as for everyone being pissed off, don't make me laugh.
          A majority clearly was...
          sigpic
          "It's time to begin..."

Comment

Originally posted by Livingstone View Post
            A majority clearly was...
            Yes and I'm one of those majority, and to be on topic, sadly no we wont see her for the rest of the season.
            sigpic

Comment

I was one of the majority, I love Torri/Weir. Its annoying to throw us a line and leave us hanging. All it means is that I will watch season five to find out. In the meantime, all we can do is speculate.

Comment

let's not get into how many are/aren't upset please. That's not the topic

as to whether or not WEIR will show up, you know, anyting is possible. And, if you want to preserve that 'holy crud' gobsmack moment for a finale or something, you don't say 'yeah, well so and so has one more appearance left so.....'

I harken back to Jolinar's memories/the devil you know.

apophis was dead, or so they thought.

but those that have seen it knows that he shows up. well tehy made special arrangements with peter williams to NOT put his name in the 'guest starring' credits so that fans had no warning at all that pops would come back from the dead

I'm not saying that this will happen with Weir. I'm just saying that there is precedent for characters to unexpectedly show up
                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

she could be in flash backs
                  https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post

as to whether or not WEIR will show up, you know, anyting is possible. And, if you want to preserve that 'holy crud' gobsmack moment for a finale or something, you don't say 'yeah, well so and so has one more appearance left so.....'

but those that have seen it knows that he shows up. well tehy made special arrangements with peter williams to NOT put his name in the 'guest starring' credits so that fans had no warning at all that pops would come back from the dead

I'm not saying that this will happen with Weir. I'm just saying that there is precedent for characters to unexpectedly show up
                    Sky don't make me laugh, those were the good old Gekko days...

Comment

They are gearing up for another return for the 2nd half this season....

Spoiler:
                      The return of Carson Beckett.

Spoiler:
                      So, by Season 5 both characters will likely be returning for some role.
                      sigpic

Comment

i hope that when we see dr weir...or the new dr weerd as i affectionately call her itl be a surprise....they always ruin characters reapearences in the "Previously on stargate atlantis" lol
                        sigpic

check it out!

Comment

It's a tease so people will buzz about Weir's return next season. Hardly a terrible choice for the show. Just not the choice you would have made.

Originally posted by Ice Wolf View Post
                          To be honest i think their (TPTB's) original plan was to leave her dead at the end of her 3rd episode, The 30 sec spot at the end of BAMSR was probably a reaction to how pissed off everyone was so they tacked it on to save face.
                          TPTB's plan was done, written and shot before fans had a clue what that plan actually was going to be, so no, it was not a reaction to fans being pissed off or to save face.
                          I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post

I'm not holding my breath. I want her to come back but don't expect that PTB are so generous when it comes to Weir.

Character development? Sure, all characters will get it. Only not Weir. We'll ford her out of the show and give her a "new direction". Towards the LaLa land.

/rant
                            I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Originally posted by Ice Wolf View Post
                              I think so too. Remember how JM said that Torri was originally signed to 3 episodes and then suddenly there was a 4th one. Save Elizabeth Weir was formed in Jan of 2007 - and they hadn't filmed S4 yet.

I'd like to think that fan reaction had something to do with her coming back.

Comment

Working...
                              X